Economical Pressure Washer ?

one@bellsouth.com James

Apr 4, 2010, 11:25:06 PM4/4/10
I want a very low-cost pressure washer, just for simple things like washing
my car, washing siding and gentle washing of my deck. I think I want
something that will do about 1500 psi, correct ?

Would like to spend $100 or less. Remember, this is not for heavy duty
stuff, I don't won't to wash the paint off my house or cause damage to wood,
etc. Just something that would give me perhaps 5-10 times more pressure
than my water hose....

Thanks for any recommendations !!

James

ransley

Apr 5, 2010, 7:22:19 AM4/5/10

2 Generac 99$ units i got lasted 2-4 hours each till they fried.
Getting the cheapest isnt a good gamble. Ive had good luck with
Karcher but even then some are duds

Jack

Apr 5, 2010, 7:45:44 AM4/5/10
HD has a unit that is about $100.00 or so. Some neighbors have one. Not a
lot of pressure or water flow, but so far so good.

"James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

Steve B

Apr 5, 2010, 12:57:06 PM4/5/10

"James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BUY A HUSKY.

Stormin Mormon

Apr 5, 2010, 1:45:56 PM4/5/10
My experience is buying one off ebay for about $45. The wand
didn't have the sprayer tip, so it just gurgled. An electric
Craftsman. The folks at Sears didn't know that Craftsman
ever made an electric.

Bought a hose and tip, at Lowe's for $65. This had the
adjustable tip. But, find out the limit switch on the
pressure washer was broken, and the system didn't work.

Bought a Campbell Hausfield, off Ebay for about $50. But,
the high pressure housing cracked, and it gugles instead of
sprays.

Went looking. Most of the stores had Karcher, and other
brands with plastic housing. No good. Finally, Home Depot
had one with metal pump housing. Red, can't remember the
brand. But, it's worked since then. You can learn from my
experience. Go to HD, and get the one with the metal pump
housing. Open the box, pull one out. If the high pressure
threads are grey metal, that's the one.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ron

Apr 5, 2010, 6:34:43 PM4/5/10

Haven't we already had this discussion? I have a Husky 1750 that is 4
1/2 yrs old and works just fine.

ransley

Apr 5, 2010, 7:45:28 PM4/5/10
On Apr 5, 12:45 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

My Karcher is a metal pump, do you mean new ones are Plastic! No
wonder they dont last if thats so.

one@bellsouth.com James

Apr 5, 2010, 9:13:45 PM4/5/10
Thanks Stormin !! I will look at HD.

James

Stormin Mormon

Apr 5, 2010, 8:16:08 PM4/5/10
There was one brand I saw at Kmart, which had metal pump.
Could have been Karcher.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ransley" <Mark_R...@Yahoo.com>
wrote in message

Ron

Apr 5, 2010, 9:43:17 PM4/5/10
On Apr 5, 1:45 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

<cayoung61**spambloc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My experience is buying one off ebay for about $45. The wand
> didn't have the sprayer tip, so it just gurgled. An electric
> Craftsman. The folks at Sears didn't know that Craftsman
> ever made an electric.
>
> Bought a hose and tip, at Lowe's for $65. This had the
> adjustable tip. But, find out the limit switch on the
> pressure washer was broken, and the system didn't work.
>
> Bought a Campbell Hausfield, off Ebay for about $50. But,
> the high pressure housing cracked, and it gugles instead of
> sprays.
>
> Went looking. Most of the stores had Karcher, and other
> brands with plastic housing. No good. Finally, Home Depot
> had one with metal pump housing. Red, can't remember the
> brand. But, it's worked since then. You can learn from my
> experience. Go to HD, and get the one with the metal pump
> housing. Open the box, pull one out. If the high pressure
> threads are grey metal, that's the one.

Husky.

one@bellsouth.com James

Apr 5, 2010, 11:00:07 PM4/5/10
husky ??

Ron

Apr 5, 2010, 11:48:36 PM4/5/10
On Apr 5, 11:00 pm, "James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote:
> husky ??

Husky is what Home Depot sells that has a red casing.

Ron

Apr 6, 2010, 12:02:30 AM4/6/10

I paid $100 for this from HD in Jan of '06. It doesn't have the metal
pump housing that Stormin was talking about, but if he bought one from
HD after mine I guess they changed the pump. Regardless, I've never
had a problem with mine. I used it to pressure my entire home in '06
before I painted it. I've used it a few times to clean my driveway and
my wooden deck.

http://i42.tinypic.com/200wcxk.jpg

Stormin Mormon

Apr 6, 2010, 5:24:15 PM4/6/10
Y'welcome. Hope that works for you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

mike

Apr 6, 2010, 6:43:13 PM4/6/10

By the time you haul it out, hook up all the connections, and fiddle
with it until it actually works like it's supposed to, you could have
finished most simple cleaning jobs.

Then you still have to disconnect everything, and put everything away,
assuming the blasted things still works at all.

Then you can spend the next few days hoping you didn't damage what you
were cleaning by forcing water into the siding or deck wood (for
example).

:)

Michelle

Jun 19, 2019, 12:14:03 PM6/19/19
replying to Ron, Michelle wrote:
do you remember what you paid for it brand new? approximately?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/construction/economical-pressure-washer-18958-.htm