plastic scrubbers

mm

Dec 7, 2006, 1:15:28 AM12/7/06
This seems like a stupid question, but it's important to me.

For the last couple years, I have been casually looking for the
plastic scrubbers that I have used for decades when washing dishes.

I never found any, but I thought that was because I wasn't looking
hard enough. But the last one I have is falling apart, and I've been
looking harder now and still can't find any. All they sell are
sponges with a little bit of scrubber on one side, or on the outside.
Those get dirty and also wear out much faster.

I'm talking about a big coil of curled heavy plastic thread (the
"thread" is maybe an eight or a sixteenth of an inch wide and a
millimeter thick) coiled and the wrapped into a ball.

The last one I have is red. I use them for dishes and for cleaning
lots of other things too.

Do they still sell these and do you know where I can get them?

I also keep brass, copper, and stainless steel wire balls for
scrubbing. I can still get copper, and I can get stainless steel but
in a much smaller ball than they used to be, smaller than works well,
and I think only in the dollar stores, not the supermarkets or Target,
but I haven't been able to find brass at all for years. Is there a
place to get brass scrubbers, or bigger stainless steel scubbers.?

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Phisherman

Dec 7, 2006, 6:39:29 AM12/7/06
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 01:15:28 -0500, mm <NOPSAM...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

There are plastic nylon scrubbers in the stores, just shop around.
I've found them at BigLots. I've seen them with or without handles.
I know there are "Chore Boy" and "Chore Girl" scrubbers, these have
been around for ages and are of good quality. You might try a
janitorial supply, if not local then Internet.

Karen Newton

Dec 7, 2006, 10:19:22 AM12/7/06
I see them in dollar stores and grocery stores.
I think you can also make your own out of the bags that onions come in.

Bonnie B. Dyson

Dec 7, 2006, 1:38:55 PM12/7/06
BigLots has any kind of scrubber pad you could dream up.

Bon
"Phisherman" <no...@nobody.com> wrote in message

Mike

Dec 7, 2006, 3:44:45 PM12/7/06
Bonnie B. Dyson wrote:
> BigLots has any kind of scrubber pad you could dream up.

A challenge eh!

One with sandra bullock attached?

How about one with a built in sand blaster for when my wife does rice?

Mike

Phisherman

Dec 7, 2006, 7:42:31 PM12/7/06

Get her a rice cooker. Not the cheap kind, but one that has a
locking lid (about $50+). Makes perfect rice (brown, white, etc) and
cleans up easily.

Mike

Dec 8, 2006, 11:40:20 AM12/8/06

boom boom ......

Mike

mm

Dec 11, 2006, 7:01:48 PM12/11/06

They use a material something like that to wrap the foam rubber on
some sqeegees. Helps to scrape of the thicker dirt. I noticed that
today when I was doing my windows outside, before winter.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

I finally found some in an off-brand supermarket here (Food Lion, the
place with the old meat**.) They had Quickee brand, which I don't see
most places. (Either that or I've seen the brand but not the scourers,
because I have had my eye out for them for at least 3 years. That
doesn't mean I looked in the right departement once for every store.
This month I started doing that.) They had 3 packages of two each,
and I bought all 3. This should be enough for 15 years. I"m not sure
what I'll do then.

**Seriously, I would be careful there. There were no Food Lions around
here when 60 Minutes did their expose, but three or moree opened up 2
to 4 years later, and I figured their meet would have to be good
because they knew people were watching. Alas, the first two times I
bought something a carnivore would eat, once it was chicken and
smelled bad the next day. Once it was meat and had some smell the day
I got it home. I was hungry so I ate it anyhow, and it didn't make
me sick, but then again, most rotting food doesn't.

TaLL uLaH

Dec 12, 2006, 5:03:18 AM12/12/06

> I was hungry so I ate it anyhow, and it
> didn't make me sick, but then again,
> most rotting food doesn't.

Now THERE'S a resume builder...

> If you are inclined to email me
> for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Ah, yes -- avoiding "Spam" would help.

;)

Kathleen Pelley

Jun 18, 2019, 12:44:03 AM6/18/19
replying to mm, Kathleen Pelley wrote:
"That sounds like what I am looking for.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/cleaning/plastic-scrubbers-3698-.htm

Kathleen Pelley

Jun 18, 2019, 12:44:04 AM6/18/19
replying to Phisherman, Kathleen Pelley wrote:
So far, all I have found is stuff that is way too lightweight and connected to
sponges.

Kathleen Pelley

Jun 18, 2019, 12:44:05 AM6/18/19
replying to Bonnie B. Dyson, Kathleen Pelley wrote:
Where is BigLots?