little black dots

Claudine

Nov 16, 2004, 4:50:22 PM11/16/04
Hello,
I hope you can help me solve this mystery.
Over the last two weeks, black dots have appeared on many surfaces in
my apartment: in the sink, counters, on some walls, and heavily on the
kitchen and bathroom floors, which are linoleum and tile respectively.
When I've swept the floor, half of what I pick up are these dots,
there will be hundreds. the rest of the apartment is hardwood, so they
may be there and I just don't see them. I've wiped them off and they
keep coming back.

They are all the same size (about a mm in diameter) and are perfectly
round. They don't appear to dissolve in water, and are very flat, and
very black. They will adhere to the surface, but will come off in one
piece with scrubbing. They are not evenly distributed, they will
appear in clumps. I assumed they were insect related, and from reading
other posts, it could be left by flies, but I'm puzzled in that I
haven't seen any evidence of flies, moths, or any other pest. And
there are so many dots, seems that I have an infestation.

Vilma

Nov 16, 2004, 6:05:10 PM11/16/04
On 16 Nov 2004 13:50:22 -0800, Claudine babbled:

It's probably mould. Use a dilution of bleach to wipe over it or get some
proper mould killer.

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Nov 17, 2004, 10:55:38 AM11/17/04
Hi Claudine

Did they begin appearing about the same time you started using your
heating system for the heating season?

In other words, can they be coming out from the ductwork?

Are they oily and/or smear, or do they remain intact like paper punch
residue?

Try this on some that are in the sink:
Drop a few drops of hydrogen peroxide on one, does it turn white?
Drop a few drops of chlorine bleach on one, does it disappear?
Or did it stay black and appear unchanged?

If it stayed black, it's probably soot from the furnace.
If it turned white, it's probably an organic (airborne) mold, like the
type that attacks damp clothes in a hamper.
If it disappeared, it's probably a fungal type (surface) mold, similar
to the moss that grows on the north side of house or tree.

If it's the latter two, a good dehumidifier will help keep it away
after it is eradicated.

TTUL
Gary

Claudine

Nov 17, 2004, 2:50:25 PM11/17/04
> It's probably mould. Use a dilution of bleach to wipe over it or get some
> proper mould killer.

I suppose anything is possible, but I find this highly unlikely, since
I live in a dry environment, and it's popping up on surfaces that
don't otherwise touch water. I swept my hardwood floor and there were
lots. Thanks for the reply!

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Nov 18, 2004, 11:37:03 AM11/18/04
Hi Claudine

I forgot to ask, do you have any kids that may have a toy that these
dots are a byproduct of?

Or perhaps a husband with some type of scrapbooking hole punch?

TTUL
Gary

Lloyd Randall

Nov 18, 2004, 10:32:03 PM11/18/04
In article <ff5fcf13.04111...@posting.google.com>,
miny...@hotmail.com (Claudine) wrote:

Outdoors in spring and fall, cars and walls can get covered with what
look like spots of black paint about 1 mm in diameter. They come from
the artillery fungus. It grows in composting matter such as leaves.
The spots are spores mixed with glue. The fungus can throw these spots
several yards.

Are there potted plants nearby that might have this fungus in the soil?

--
Best Regards,
Lloyd

Claudine

Nov 19, 2004, 4:30:54 PM11/19/04
I tried your chemical test, and by your prescription, it's soot. But
I've not turned on the heat (I live in so cal). In my initial online
search of information, I came across the artillery fungus, which is
fascinating, but I think some people refer to the tarlike consistency
of the dots, and I think someone mentioned they are blobby, while
these dots are not tarlike, they do not smear, and they are wahfer
thin. I do have house plants though. Some dots are not in direct line
of sight of plants, but, I'll research this source some more.

There are no other obvious sources I can think of in my environment.
But I am beginning to wonder if I'm wasting your time and that it's
something incredibly mundane right under my nose. My neighbor thought
it looked like glitter, and my memory of how they appeared makes that
unlikely, but maybe my interpretation of it all is faulty. I did have
people over the day before they appeared, and I don't remember anyone
wearing glitter, but hey, could have happened, and by now my feet
would have tracked them everywhere. A friend has a steam cleaner, so
I'm hoping to borrow it and attack the apartment. If I do a thorough
clean of the apartment and they still show up, then it may be
something funny, otherwise, if they don't come back, I've probably
been a silly goose. I'll let you know what happens.

thanks for all your input.

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Nov 20, 2004, 9:53:17 AM11/20/04
Hi Claudine

I did forget to state that soot would smear in my original response to
your post.

Because of the uniformity of size of whatever it is you have there, it
does seem like it must be something man made.

Now that you mentioned you did have guests visit. Could it be
possible one of them had a sweater or dress with some type of
ornamentation that used these flat disks as a part of that decoration?
Or perhaps even an evening purse that is going to pieces on them.

Whenever you do figure out where they came from, we would like to
learn of your discovery!

TTUL
Gary

Lloyd Randall

Nov 20, 2004, 12:11:56 PM11/20/04

> I tried your chemical test, and by your prescription, it's soot. But
> I've not turned on the heat (I live in so cal). In my initial online
> search of information, I came across the artillery fungus, which is
> fascinating, but I think some people refer to the tarlike consistency
> of the dots, and I think someone mentioned they are blobby, while
> these dots are not tarlike, they do not smear, and they are wahfer
> thin. I do have house plants though. Some dots are not in direct line
> of sight of plants, but, I'll research this source some more.

I think Penn State described the spots as tarlike and others repeated
it. They must have been thinking of the spots that sometimes harden on
your car if a machine has just applied liquid asphalt to a road you
drive on. Those dots don't smear.

On the siding of a house they remind me of spattered paint. They look
like flat stains but can be felt with the thumbnail.

The fungus fires toward bright areas. Indoors it might aim toward a
window, a ceiling, a light fixture, or an appliance, for example. Maybe
it was in a basket of leaves that was briefly in the kitchen.

--
Best Regards,
Lloyd

Mrs Bonk

Nov 20, 2004, 3:26:45 PM11/20/04

"Lloyd Randall" <br...@eels.net> wrote in message
Goodness me, it reminds me of that film " Day of the Triffids". I'm starting
to think these dots may well come from OUTER SPACE.
call in NASA!!!

Loretta

Sep 30, 2016, 8:14:01 AM9/30/16
replying to Claudine, Loretta wrote:
I have been getting them on my kitchen floor and sometimes the bathroom, too.
Like tonight, I just mopped the floor. My husband came home from work, took
off his shoes before going in the kitchen. After he ate, I went in and there
they were! And they are sort of like stuck on there. They don't come off with
the mop, I have to bend down (which is painful with my bad back) and scrape it
off with my fingernail!! We don't have anything on our socks or slippers. I am
so frustrated I could scream!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! (LOL)

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/cleaning/little-black-dots-9943-.htm

anonymous

Jan 20, 2017, 7:44:04 AM1/20/17
replying to Loretta, anonymous wrote:
To Loretta who has them on the floor when the husband comes home.... it sounds
like his shoes are the problem. My husband used to have black soled shoes
that left marks like that. Try different shoes. :)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/cleaning/little-black-dots-9943-.htm

Vanessa

Mar 5, 2017, 9:44:02 PM3/5/17
replying to Claudine, Vanessa wrote:
I have the same problem but they bite. They I think are no see ums.

Eflowerz

Mar 14, 2017, 9:14:03 AM3/14/17
replying to Vanessa, Eflowerz wrote:
I have similar problem. Biting feelings in bed at night. Specs seen in
curtains sheets on surfaces.

Scmom

Jul 17, 2017, 5:14:04 PM7/17/17
replying to Claudine, Scmom wrote:
It's fly poop. We have it and I've spent a lot of time researching.

Iris

Jul 23, 2017, 10:14:03 PM7/23/17
replying to Scmom, Iris wrote:
They are birdmites or beetles if they bites. Hell.

Ash

Sep 27, 2017, 9:44:06 PM9/27/17
replying to Eflowerz, Ash wrote:
Bird mites maybe. They are white, beige color not seen by the naked eye
usually but when they bite and consume blood from their host, they turn black.
Probably why you see them in the bathroom where you might change or take off
your pajamas.

Rose strange

Oct 13, 2017, 9:44:03 PM10/13/17
replying to Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr., Rose strange wrote:
My name is Rose I have been living with these things for way too long, these
black dots Don't go away you can mash some some will flatten and if you keep
mashing them you can change what was one into many! Some are hard and will not
mash
I have them in my skin and my cat has them! These things hurt like hell when
I try to pull them out which does not happen and they borrow deeper! I have
never felt such pain! They fall I really don't know how they move but my shoes
have holes in them it's like any thing they land on! I have found them in the
bottom of pan's where now it has round holes in the damn bottom of the pan ! I
have tried everything bleach peroxide tea tree oil if you don't get these
things when you see them you may not get them out! I been to Dr's no help! I'm
crazy don't pick at them yeah right these damn dots sting! I have linoleum
floors, I find one if I take my finger nail and push forward some times I will
get the dot but if you look closely some of the dot is still on the floor, I
have found bumps under painted walls when I scape at it well guess what's
under the paint Freak me out! 6 yrs now and no relief it's constant, I was
looking at my cat 4 months old he has one in his cheek it's getting deeper and
I noticed in his long hair his feet are covered! Where ever he walks they
stick to his toes in his hair his ears! These things are every where I have
them in my head you can feel them sting the more you try to pick around them
hoping to pull them out they don't! The hole gets bigger if you do this look
under your finger nails because you may have gotten some of it clean your
nails if you have any thing under your nails take a toothpick and clean under
your nails and if you look closely you will find alittte black dots! I have
found that one has been in my head for yrs I was once again trying to go
around this painful dot I had some little flakes fall leaving dots going into
my skin and had more sores! They don't stop it's like they spread out in your
body, I have pooped them and on the toilet paper I see them if I take and
flip to tissue the black dots will fall to the other side like it was when out
of your body!!I have seen these damn things go through plates, cups, metal
pan, my clothes, shoes, my 1800 moving chest!! No thing stops these things!!!
Please if any one can help please come my way !! These things are killing me
HELP

TC

Jan 1, 2018, 12:14:04 PM1/1/18
replying to Scmom, TC wrote:
Can you tell us more ab out yoir fundings.. if this us poop rhen why does it
crawl a d bite?

TC

Jan 1, 2018, 12:14:06 PM1/1/18
replying to Rose strange, TC wrote:
I have the same problem in dallas TX.. and many times ive felt ready to die
from it! would you mind contacting me? Tca...@live.com

Ashley Tadlock

Feb 15, 2018, 4:14:03 PM2/15/18
replying to Claudine, Ashley Tadlock wrote:
sounds like they are etheric markings

Vickycee1

May 27, 2018, 7:14:03 PM5/27/18
replying to Vanessa, Vickycee1 wrote:
Please can you help me, I’m in Scotland and this is happening to me too

Iris

Jun 28, 2018, 11:44:03 AM6/28/18
replying to TC, Iris wrote:
Same things with me. They are bird mites or black beetles (if they are
burrowing into ceramics, wood..). It is very possible they are both occurring
as they coexist in bird or rat/mouse nests. MY skin is so damaged now.

Peanutbutters15

Jul 26, 2018, 9:14:02 AM7/26/18
replying to Claudine, Peanutbutters15 wrote:
Did you ever figure out what it was? Do they make you itch? I live in So Cal
too and have the exact issue. Pest control said its fuzz. My dermatologist
said its sebum bc I had on my skin at times.

Peanutbutters15

Jul 26, 2018, 9:14:04 AM7/26/18
replying to Rose strange, Peanutbutters15 wrote:
Did you ever find out what they were?

Peanutbutters15

Jul 26, 2018, 9:14:05 AM7/26/18
replying to TC, Peanutbutters15 wrote:
Did you figure it out

Peanutbutters15

Jul 26, 2018, 9:14:07 AM7/26/18
replying to Iris, Peanutbutters15 wrote:
Do they itch? Do you know how to kill

Sade

Sep 9, 2018, 11:14:03 AM9/9/18
replying to Claudine, Sade wrote:
Fly poo flies leave little black dots in clusters around the house

TanaLV

Oct 16, 2018, 10:44:16 PM10/16/18
replying to Peanutbutters15, TanaLV wrote:
Funny, Same issue in Illinois & we’ve had lots of Fall rain, I am going with
fungus on tile. Alcohol loosed it. Get an old toothbrush, Comet or similar
cleanser-sit in chair-attack it. I don’t have it at my Michigan house with
wood floors, ceramic tile.

Lorna like the cookie Doone

Nov 24, 2018, 10:14:18 AM11/24/18
replying to anonymous, Lorna like the cookie Doone wrote:
I have a little black dots also I was looking for an answer they are in the
kitchen the living room my bathroom they are very tiny and flat and stick to
the floor they don't come up with them up and if you just vacuum some come up
and the rest still stick I have nobody coming into my house with shoes on I
live alone are usually have my house cleaned I live in South Florida so it's
not from the furnace it is not from mice I don't know what it is that's why I
came online to see if I could find the answer it must be some kind of fungus
I will continue my investigation and if I do get the answer I will send it to
you so you know the answer to this problem it could be some sort of moles it's
doesn't seem like it's a bug I think it's some kind of mold but I am not sure
of anything at this point I clean the bathroom and the kitchen and then locked
the next day and they were back I have a bad back fibromyalgia IBS and just
recovering from nose cancer I can't deal with this crap I need help help
figuring this out let's work together and communicate and see if we can solve
this mystery I have to get down and take them off with my fingernail like
Larreta I hurt myself really bad and prayed to die because my

Jennifer

Dec 21, 2018, 11:14:03 PM12/21/18
replying to Iris, Jennifer wrote:
I have been experiencing the same thing i notice tiny holes in my porcelin tub
black specks under skin... ive seen tiny flies and beetles and the whole thing
is being ignored. No cure... but vacuuming ,steam cleaning. Fly trap uv
lights with sticky board will reduce. Dehumidify as well .. enzyme cleaners n
peppermint lavendure, sun ..i definitely think its genetically modified bugs
let loose that have went rouge. It consumes my life. I feel like leaving it
all behind n moving cause who knows what we bring with us. I also notice a
tapping or clicking sound.. anyone else? In nyc ... fml

Y Choi

Jan 29, 2019, 9:44:02 AM1/29/19
replying to Claudine, Y Choi wrote:
What kind of infection did you get?

No to Blk dots

Feb 27, 2019, 6:14:03 PM2/27/19
replying to Peanutbutters15, No to Blk dots wrote:
This past Summer my roommate brought in a plant I don’t know for sure which
one it is he’s not home so I can ask him. We live in San Diego California.
He uses this plant to season his food but I noticed all summer these white
flakes and things would just be landing on me and I was thinking what the H is
this. Now I get the black dots everywhere my clothes the floor the counter the
bathroom and I to think it’s sum form of an airborne mold. I have just
researched a little now and I read some interesting things called mullgallons.
Has Anyone heard of this? I too am going crazy I’m the only person who seems
to be bothered by it in this house or when I tell people they think I’m
crazy but if anyone has some hard scientific facts or can let us all know
please do so it’s so gross and uncomfortable I’m so paranoid and freaking
out constantly all day and I do feel like sometimes they land on me and make
me itch.

BoxingMan32

Mar 29, 2019, 10:44:03 AM3/29/19
replying to Claudine, BoxingMan32 wrote:
I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy

Rita Way

Jun 29, 2019, 1:14:04 PM6/29/19
replying to Loretta, Rita Way wrote:
Hi Loretta, I know how you feel since I am having this problem also. I get
tiny black specks on my wood laminate floor and cannot get them off except by
sceapping them . I have researched this issue but cannot get an answer to how
they come. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue and what is the cause,
please let me know. Thanks, Rita

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/cleaning/little-black-dots-9943-.htm

Jude

Jul 7, 2019, 11:44:03 PM7/7/19
replying to Claudine, Jude wrote:
I see your last post was from 2004 and don't know if you'll see this (it's
2019), but I have the same thing and your post is the only one I found exactly
as I'm experiencing. Did you ever find out what it was? I'll keep trying to
figure it out but it's very strange.

Woo woo

Aug 1, 2019, 10:44:06 AM8/1/19
replying to TC, Woo woo wrote:
Hi did you get this resolved

Julie Stacey

Aug 25, 2019, 11:44:48 AM8/25/19
replying to Loretta, Julie Stacey wrote:
I feel your pain, same issue, random clusters so far only on lino floors, no
pets, no houseplants, don't wear outdoor shoes inside, no real evidence of
flies or other pests, new building and soft and hard furnishings all less than
18 months old. Totally perplexed

Michelle

Aug 31, 2019, 10:14:04 PM8/31/19
replying to Claudine, Michelle wrote:
i have recently had similar problem and these things end up on me and bite.
i’ve been told they r black bird notes and they are hard to get rid of

Claudine

Sep 16, 2019, 3:44:03 PM9/16/19
replying to Claudine, Claudine wrote:
Please contact me

Rose

Sep 16, 2019, 4:44:02 PM9/16/19
replying to Rose strange, Rose wrote:
Rose, Please contact me so we can help each other with this!

Jerbear

Sep 22, 2019, 10:14:03 PM9/22/19
replying to Rose strange, Jerbear wrote:
I'm sorry you have these ...Dots. But this seems extremely hard for me to
grasp. I think you belong in the hospital.

Trc2077

Oct 24, 2019, 3:44:02 PM10/24/19
replying to Michelle, Trc2077 wrote:
Do they affect your scalp?

Karen

Nov 4, 2019, 9:44:03 AM11/4/19
replying to Loretta, Karen wrote:
I have

Karen

Nov 4, 2019, 9:44:03 AM11/4/19
replying to Lorna like the cookie Doone, Karen wrote:
Everything you said same with me. I'm totally baffled. They keep coming
back,but from where.

Kay

Nov 19, 2019, 7:14:03 AM11/19/19
replying to Claudine, Kay wrote:
Did you find a solution to this, the same thing is happening to me and it’s
driving me crazy!

Chrissy

Jan 30, 2020, 8:14:02 PM1/30/20
replying to Claudine, Chrissy wrote:
I live in NZ and have just discovered the exact same dots (like poppy seeds)
stuck to walls and shower cabinet in my downstairs bathroom. I have a feeling
it's spider eggs. On the floor below this area is a pot plant in a pot on a
cheap wooden stand. I'm wondering if I have inherited a spider from Asia or
thereabouts, as most of our "cheap" woodwares come from there. My house is
only 6 years old and double glazed I don't use the bathroom downstairs for
showering, so I can discount that it's mould.
I went online and saw your post.
Chrissy

Sweetz50

Feb 1, 2020, 6:14:03 PM2/1/20
replying to Kay, Sweetz50 wrote:
I'm having the same issue with the black dots or specks as you are having. I
have linoleum in the bathrooms and laminate in the rest of the apartment.
I've had maintenance check the vents which look clean. A filter was placed in
the room with the heaviest concentration of the black dots or specks. Nothing
was on the filter. I have electric heat and my vents are in the ceiling. The
black dots or specks are on the floors, counter tops, and furniture but not on
anything higher. They get on my clothes and in my hair especially sitting on
my sofa. I've change the floor cleaner a couple of times with little results.
I do not have pets and have not seen pests or bugs. I took a lighted
magnifying glass and inspected the floors shortly after cleaning and the
specks or dots seem to just appear on the floor. Recently I sometimes see tiny
glittery specks. Could it be the floors shedding? If you find out what is
causing the problem or a remedy pleases, please share.

Sweet

Apr 20, 2020, 3:44:02 PM4/20/20
replying to Claudine, Sweet wrote:
I have the same problem with small black dots. I clean up, but they return.

mlweb

Apr 21, 2020, 2:44:03 PM4/21/20
replying to Lorna like the cookie Doone, mlweb wrote:
Mine disappear when sprayed with Lysol, but come back again

Deb

Apr 27, 2020, 4:44:02 PM4/27/20
replying to Claudine, Deb wrote:
I have had the same problem as well as tens of thousands of others for a few
years. If you look at them under a microscope they look like a fiber wrapped
cocoon. They are some kind of man made parasite and the government is
covering it up. They will get on you and your pets as well, I haven't found
anything that will kill them yet.

Deb

Apr 27, 2020, 4:44:03 PM4/27/20
replying to Lorna like the cookie Doone, Deb wrote:
If you notice Lorna, they tend to be in the wet areas of your home, they need
water.

Deb

Apr 27, 2020, 4:44:03 PM4/27/20
replying to Mrs Bonk, Deb wrote:
These things were certainly bio-engineered. I believe it is like Lyme, a
biological experiment gone wrong that has proliferated throughout the U.S. and
I don't look for the government to own up to it anytime soon.

Deb

Apr 27, 2020, 4:44:03 PM4/27/20
replying to Lloyd Randall, Deb wrote:
Hi Loyd, this is not a mold or fungus, they move, howbeit very slowly. If you
wipe the floor beneath your feet and sit for about 30 minutes, it won't be
long before you have many around your feet.

Donna

May 11, 2020, 11:14:02 PM5/11/20
replying to Claudine, Donna wrote:
Carpet beetle larvae

acflc

Jul 22, 2020, 4:14:03 PM7/22/20
replying to Claudine, acflc wrote:
They are termite droppings, also known as termite frass, full stop. Look for
the nearby hole in the wall or the ceiling that they're coming out of.

Bugged

Aug 10, 2020, 2:14:03 AM8/10/20
replying to Rita Way, Bugged wrote:
I’m finding these on counters, clothes, sheets, everywhere in my home and
park model at shore. This is first yr. I did have multi color carpet bugs
early spring and found they came from my magazine rack/lamp and eradicated
them. Can these be black carpet beetles? I can feel on my bare feet if I stay
in one spot some places. Most my floors are carpeted. Sometimes theey move
sometime tinier ones don’t. But odd they are in both places just this yr. my
husband thinks I’m crazy and it is driving me crazy. Some are oval? I took
photo of that n zoomed and to me looks like segmented bug in a cocoon? He
says lint. Nada. I will clean off sheet and few hrs later a few will be back.
Humidity? Carpet beetles that don’t move. They are hard when I pick up.
Haven’t seen any other bugs. (Flies etc.).

A walt

Sep 22, 2020, 8:30:03 AM9/22/20
I. Find smaller ones inside and outside of underwear where genitals r located. Also caught in long that is even stickier and more of. My cat also has to clean her paws and fur. I do believe they have something to do with noseums/biting gnnats/black flies help! Lwalt...@aol.com

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/cleaning/little-black-dots-9943-.htm

teenytiny

Sep 22, 2020, 3:15:04 PM9/22/20
I find them on the kitchen counter every morning, and they are not from mice.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/cleaning/little-black-dots-9943-.htm

2 4861 00057 7772

Sep 22, 2020, 3:30:03 PM9/22/20
No flies in my house!

Didlick

Nov 4, 2020, 8:45:04 AM11/4/20
Sounds like my black dots! Some only move with a knife or finger nail. Check everyone’s shoes - that’s the culprit

Bree

Nov 26, 2020, 10:15:03 AM11/26/20
No has said how to get rid of them

A friend

Dec 11, 2020, 11:45:04 AM12/11/20
I hope you are free of these. Praise Almighty God, we finally got rid of them. Soak clothes for 30 minutes in borax when washing. Vacuum carpets and floors. Wash hair and body with peppermint shampoo and body wash. Spray house with KleenGreen (got on Amazon). Windex with ammonia seems effective on surfaces and to wipe all belongings. Install Reme Halo Air Purifier (purchased through HVAC company but available through Home Depot). Don't forget to vacuum your car regularly so you don't transfer back into the house. I lived through this nightmare. By prayer and the grace of God, it's finally over. I think the KleenGreen and Reme Halo were the biggest keys to killing the mites. I'm not getting any compensation for these products. I'm just sharing with you what worked for me to get me out of a living hell. Thank you, Jesus, for answered prayers.

Lorna

Dec 11, 2020, 2:31:04 PM12/11/20
Me too I was told that the black dots were in the pattern of the tile they are only on the ceramic tile in my patio which is my only outdoor area I think it is some kind of mold or something that comes from the dirt that blows in the wind and sticks to the tile I have done everything to try to remove them and have not been able to I don't know what to tell you I wish I had the answer myself

Lorna

Dec 11, 2020, 2:31:04 PM12/11/20
I have the same problem only on the tile in my patio the guy said it was just in the tile but I noticed that I could scratch some of them all but the only place it is is on my tile on the patio which I live in Florida which it rains a lot and is not dry at all it may be some sort of moles I will probably have to check the duct system I just put in a new AC but they were there before that I don't know what they are I thought I was the only one going crazy

Sweetz50

Dec 12, 2020, 1:45:04 PM12/12/20
Hello Sweet I was using an eclectic broom to sweep the bathrooms and laminate floors when the black dots appeared. After I mopped they seem to disappear but would reappear a shot time later. I used a magnifying glass to look at the floors. It seems that there is a coating on the floors that shed. I stopped using the electric broom and changed to a different cleaner and the problem has lessened considerably.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/cleaning/little-black-dots-9943-.htm

Lorna

Dec 13, 2020, 7:01:17 PM12/13/20
My black dots do not form in clumps and they just seem to be in the patio I've seen mold before but not in this fashion it seems being more on the patio outside I really don't know

Nidhi

Feb 6, 2021, 11:30:59 AM2/6/21
Flea

Victoria

Feb 8, 2021, 11:01:34 AM2/8/21
Have you figured out this ?? Having similar issue

kelly

Apr 16, 2021, 1:45:03 PM4/16/21
I have the exact same problem. I even seen them on the floor in my doctor's office? On the floor of a public restroom on my bed pillow and it makes my head itch at night and it is not lice or bed bug. Cat has them too. find them on my clothes too. They must come from out of space they never go away.WHAT ARE THEY?? KELLY please respond.

Apr 16, 2021, 6:15:03 PM4/16/21
Hello there, I never did resolve this. I have learned ro love wifh it I left it off with looking into piedra which is a fungal infección of the hair. There is two kinds white piedra and black piedra which are similar to the description we talk about.. its a condition of the hair shaft from what I understand... to get rid of it one must shave the head so thG there is no possible reinfection.. good luck everyone

Cw

Apr 20, 2021, 11:15:03 AM4/20/21
Straw that broke the camels back!! I blew my nose when I woke up and there was one of those black dots, that's it!!!
Has anyone else experienced this or a rash?
I've been having the same problem with black dots everywhere. I live in southeast about 30 minutes from the beach and have a heat pump and carpet except kitchen is tile - so some of the posts don't relate to me.

Allie Lyons

May 14, 2021, 12:31:21 PM5/14/21
You are a gem. I have been infuriated by these marks on my cream coloured kitchen lino. Finger nails and a green scrubber work best. Any other suggestions?

Jana

Jun 5, 2021, 12:45:03 PM6/5/21
Your story unfortunately, sounds like mine. I've lived with this for 4 years and I've just about had enough! I'm highly allergic to something and I believe that this is what it is. I hope that maybe there's a topical medication out there that can help

Christina shadley

Aug 29, 2021, 11:15:04 AM8/29/21
Yes I have little black plastic looking circle dots on my bathroom floor and only my bathroom floor am I finding them

Amilyn

Sep 26, 2021, 10:01:18 AM9/26/21
Did u ever find a solution im experiencing the same kind of thing and nothing i do gets rid of them.

thetech4

Oct 13, 2021, 5:45:04 PM10/13/21
Google MORGELLONS SYNDROME.
Avoid the CDC website's page, and any others that pass this off as Delusional Parasitosis. Most of the medical mainstream are either ignorant of the syndrome, or outright debunk it since their community has not yet recognized the affliction.
Research has now been started and even the CDC now is undecided pending more research.

Kelmcgoo

Oct 20, 2021, 7:01:17 PM10/20/21
I have same!!!!! Omg! Please contact me to compare notes! Ksgalus@gmail

Kelmcgoo

Oct 20, 2021, 7:01:17 PM10/20/21
I have not!!! They seem to be in the linoleum in my kitchen in my bathroom little black holes in the linoleum and honestly when I walk across the floor I can feel amidst it makes my ankles in my skin just burn! I really wish somebody could answer the question of what the hell these things are and how to get rid of them died I know we had carpet beetles in the carpet in the living room but we’ve gotten rid of that and sanding floors and finish them that but they still seem to be in my linoleum floors and in the woodwork I see little holes in the woodwork

Kelmcgoo

Oct 20, 2021, 7:01:17 PM10/20/21
Same EXACT thing here to! Glittery sometimes to!! Please someone help!

Jake

Nov 18, 2021, 6:31:29 PM11/18/21
I'm scared I have em to and I hear the clicking. Please message me

1hilltopgirl

Nov 18, 2021, 6:31:29 PM11/18/21
Oh I'm so glad I found these comments, I have been dealing with the same exact thing (alone) for almost 6 months and I honestly thought I was losing my mind. I finally broke down and told my husband and adult daughter, they both ink I'm crazy because it doesn't seem to bother them. I too have questioned my sanity numerous times over the past few months. Wth are these things and where did they come from? I can't believe this has been going on for this long and no one seems to have any real answers or a solution to the problem. I just sat here and read every one of these comments aloud to my husband..now I think he is realizing it's not just me & maybe I'm not a nut case after all. I still don't know what to do about it though..somebody knows something and just isn't saying but it's time to come forward and put an end to this hellish nightmare on earth. Please please help us! I can't take much more, I'm about to lose my shit!🤯😭

Malina

Nov 27, 2021, 1:15:04 PM11/27/21
I am literally in hell with this!!!!!! I have lost friends and have family that are ignoring me because they think I am on drugs. My 2 young sons and I are suffering severely from a multitude of health issues as well as extreme cognitive decline. My 6 year old just screams and yells that he wants to die constantly. I NEED to know if they go away if you move as I am breaking my lease for this effing HELLISH nightmare 😫😫😫

1hilltopgirl

Nov 28, 2021, 5:31:51 PM11/28/21
Malina, I'm so sorry you & your sons are having to go through this. I have a 6 y.o. grand son that "Thank God", it doesn't seem to effect in any way like that. He doesn't live here full time anymore so maybe thats the difference.
I don't know if moving helps as I myself haven't tried it. We own our house but believe me if I was just renting or leasing..I'd be gone out of here so fast. I've read in other post, some say it doesn't help..it's likely you take them with you but it's surely worth a try. It's sad and a shame that people automatically assume someone is on or uses drugs just because they aren't experiencing the same problems. I've had the same thing happen but I haven't told many people about it just for this reason. I'll be praying for you and your sons with hopes it will all become better for ya'll after the move.

1hilltopgirl

Nov 28, 2021, 5:31:51 PM11/28/21
Jake..I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. It's horrible. What kind of problems are you having to make you think you have them too?

Mellie

Dec 27, 2021, 10:45:04 PM12/27/21
I have the same thing! Tar like dots. I I’ll do not wear shoes in my bedroom and that’s where I first noticed them. Over the last year or so they are multiplying because as soon as I work on a section and clean it. They are back within a week or two. Everyone thinks I’m crazy but it is not from shoes!

Katie

Dec 31, 2021, 11:45:05 AM12/31/21
I’m haveing the same thing with the dots I clean them up they get on my skin while my self n floor by hand and they keep showing back up like little black specks Iv been able to crush some on my hand and bothers not it’s driven me crazy! Help

Tabitha Watts

Jan 9, 2022, 12:15:04 PM1/9/22
I moved into a fairly old apartment a year ago and I have the same black dots on the floor , wall, sink. I thought they were bugs and I spray and bleach everything . But they are still there. Also, every crumb of food or other that falls on the floor or cabinet turns black. Is there something wrong with the air quality in my apartment?

Kevin2855

Jan 18, 2022, 9:01:19 PM1/18/22
Did you ever find out the solution to this I am having the same problem in my apartment

Kevin2855

Jan 18, 2022, 9:01:19 PM1/18/22
I have the same thing did you ever find out what they are

Angie

Feb 20, 2022, 10:15:04 PM2/20/22
I’m having the exact same issue. Have you gotten any answers yet. I just had a stool test for parasites. I have live stuff in my poo too, Salk the time. My faintly, spouse and anyone who will listen think I’m hallucinating. I see tje all over the place. I’ve had exterminators - these things got a little better but they Cae bac with a vengeance. Do yours light up? Mine do. This is when they are on your hair, a sweater or anything with a pile. If that makes sense. I have photos if you would like to see them. They also live by eyes. I’ll get tons. One goes in and the tears in your eye make these thing reproduce like crazy. Fron 1, 50 are made. So freaky and scared. If no one knows what they are, they could be poisoning us or slowly killing us. she’ll!!!!!

POV

Feb 21, 2022, 9:45:04 AM2/21/22
Have you figured out what it is? I have the same thing happening in my apartment. It has been happening for over a year but has gotten worse over the last few months, since I was in the hospital with pulmonary arterial hypertension with right side heart failure. I can't handle it with my health and is driving me insane! As soon as I clean them they are back within minutes! I've done a lot of research and I can't figure out what it is. I've been told mold or lint. I have to vacuum and wash my sheets constantly. Mopping my linoleum doesn't work to get them up I have to get down there and scrape them off, which is really difficult for me cuz I cannot bend over without my entire body going weeks starting from the shoulders down and feeling like I'm suffocating. PLEASE IF YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS PLEASE LET ME KNOW! THANK YOU!

POV

Feb 21, 2022, 10:15:05 AM2/21/22
Replying to bugged. As well as everything you mentioned and I mentioned in my last post I also hear a clicking sound. PLEASE HELP AND REPLAY IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS!! THANK YOU!!

Sabina t

May 12, 2022, 9:31:44 AM5/12/22
I have same thing now for over ten years it has destroyed my health my life

Teri

Mar 28, 2023, 2:45:04 AM3/28/23
It sounds like black mold. You need to get an expert look at it ASAP!

Heather

Apr 10, 2023, 11:15:04 AM4/10/23
What makes you say black mold? I'm not saying I don't believe you...quite the opposite actually. I'm just curious how you know black mold can behave this way.

The house I live in actually used to have black mold on the walls in one of the rooms. It happened when my parents lived here & I had my own place. I remember what it looked like however since I visited my parents often.
It looked wet & totally different from how the black specks look that I've been finding all over the house recently. The earlier mold issue was nearly 20yrs ago. I moved back here around 10yrs ago.

I've been certain for a few years now that this house has mold issues again, which I believe are coming from the attic (& possibly behind the sheet rock as well). Reason being..The crown molding has been coming away from the walls all over the house, like getting gaps between them. It's happened too fast to be just normal age related stuff. This house was built in 1935 BTW. Also, looking at the north side of the house from outside you can clearly see that the color of the exterior gets black looking right at the area where the ceiling would begin. This house is def way too damp & there's visible rotting of wood in many areas, so there's def mold.. Just not quite visible as far as I've been able to tell. When I say I know there's a mold issue, I'm not saying it's Stachybotrys(blk mold), although it could be.

Onto the black flecks...I started seeing them over 2yrs ago & they've continued to multiply the entire time. They range in size from microscopic to a few mm in length. They appear flat, like others mentioned, but in clothing they're like tiny fuzz balls. I could be seeing 2 diff things that started around the same time tho.
On slick surfaces they're flat & shaped anywhere from round, slight oval (or football type shape) to a kinda arrowhead shape. They're usually stuck 2 stuff & more often than not will come off with masking tape, but rarely by just wiping. It's seemed at times like they might start out softer & lighter colored & darken with age (but again I could be seeing multiple things.)

I don't feel like they go in my skin, thankfully, but there are times when I start itching & when I scratch I'll look under my nails & see teeny tiny black specks. I imagine they're just on my skin, not burrowing in. I've never seen any move, so it's confusing how I can clean off a counter top, then look a few mins later & see there's more already.

All this started around the time my bro moved in here & I'm still convinced he very well may have brought them with him. He's filthy & never cleaned his place. I used to believe they were some new species of pest that evolved in his nasty trailer, but I'm leaning more toward it being some type of fungi at this point since I've never seen any move at all. Oh yeah & like others have said, I've noticed damaged areas popping up all over the place.. Like the floors, walls, counters. Ive also noticed they seem to even pop up from painted surfaces & leave behind tiny holes?!

Nobody else is particularly bothered by it. Actually, they think I'm crazy & overreacting 2 normal dust and particles that are in every house, but this crap is not normal and I've only seen it here in this house. The way its infested every article of clothing is the most distressing part for me. I've even looked at clothes in goodwill & nothing had this mess on them. But once I bring any clothing home, it's covered eventually. The black flecks can be so small they can fall thru the weave of a t shirt, but after some time the clothes will appear to have pilling. I know it's not piling tho bc the "fuzz" even appears on stuff that's been folded & untouched.
I waste so much of my time attempting to remove all this shit from everything. The house is extra dusty nowadays as well. All the dust, fuzzies & black flecks wafting thru the air
has me concerned about health effects for my family because I know the air quality is shit.

I won't bother asking if anyones figured out what this is, cuz I'm sure nobody has. I'm just interested in any feedback you guys have.. Primarily, whether my description sounds like what you guys have seen.

Sweetz50

Apr 11, 2023, 7:31:58 PM4/11/23
My black dots turned out to be the film that was on the new linoleum in my bathrooms. I used an electric broom to sweep and it caused the film that was the outer layer of the flooring to breakdown. I had black dot every where. They were not bugs, mold, or droppings. We investigated using lighted magnifying glasses and could actually see that it came from the floor. Thankfully, they finally disappeared after losing the shine from the floors. Of course I stopped using the electric broom that seem to be the spreader of the black dots.

Sweetz50

Apr 11, 2023, 7:31:58 PM4/11/23
My black dots turned out to be the film that was on the new linoleum in my bathrooms. I used an electric broom to sweep and it caused the film that was the outer layer of the flooring to breakdown. I had black dot every where. They were not bugs, mold, or droppings. We investigated using lighted magnifying glasses and could actually see that it came from the floor. Thankfully, they finally disappeared after losing the shine from the floors. Of course I stopped using the electric broom that seem to be the spreader of the black dots.

Sweetz50

Apr 11, 2023, 7:31:58 PM4/11/23

ASM

Apr 12, 2023, 1:45:05 AM4/12/23
I see this conversation goes back many years. I’m hoping everyone is well that has been infested, infected with this (parasite?). I have been experiencing a very similar problem going on 3 years now. It’s bad. I have been to many professionals all have scratched their heads. I’ve collected so many of these things. They have polluted every inch of my living. I believe these are related to a long, glat(paper thin) worm, possibly a tape worm of some sort. I know, because I have seen daily for the last 3 years these flat disks with 2 black dots attach together to form one long worm. These little disk things are not destructible. Nothing kills them, not submersion in water, not fire or heat, not chemicals. I find them everywhere, I brush my teeth and rinse - every single time zi have a dozen or so in the sink. They show up all over me when I shower. They are all over and in my clothes. They are also in my eyes and they burrow into my skin, all leaving scars. I firmly believe they are wholly responsible for my health issues. It’s so bizarre that my PCP thinks I’m nuts. He had me convinced too so ai tried to ignore what was going on, but it is impossible. I’m getting no where in this struggle. Does anyone who has or is experiencing this same thing give me suggestions on what to do, I feel as though I will lose this battle. My health is deteriorating
It is loading more messages.