WTB: Technics SA-TX1000

Drexus

Jan 6, 2005, 1:03:57 AM1/6/05
There once was this super awesome receiver Technics made in the early
90s. I was not able to acquire such a unit at the time, but that's all
different now. I know it's old, and there is much better stuff out
there for far cheaper, but I fell in love with this "King-Kong"
machine. Most will remember the Technics SA-TX50 as it looks similar to
the one I'm looking for (it is also the only thing that will show a
photo in a google search). The differences are that the TX50 has a
charcoal cabinet and the TX1000 has a pale gold finish. The TX1000 was
much bigger and had the labels THX & Class H+
I'm looking for this unit and will not stop until I have one.

Drexus

Jan 6, 2005, 9:42:42 AM1/6/05
I have just herd that the model might be SA-TX1200... but I don't know.

Drexus

Jan 6, 2005, 11:50:50 AM1/6/05
OK, The SA-TX1200 turned out to be nothing. But there might have been a
SATX1010.

You can see the similar SATX50 here:
http://www.campanasat.it/images/satx50.jpg

Drexus

Jan 6, 2005, 11:51:00 AM1/6/05

Drexus

Feb 4, 2005, 1:31:48 PM2/4/05
So I looked, and looked, but only found material suggesting that the
SATX1000 was the first unit Technics made with THX (black cabinet - no
big meters). After digging around I found that the TX50 (smaller
version) was made in 1995-1996. I then found in one small corner of the
web, a SA-TX1010 was made in 1995!

So with that I'm not looking for the SA-TX1010
Anyone have a photo so I can verify it is the nice shinny unit I'm
looking for?

Brad Clarke

Feb 4, 2005, 11:57:11 PM2/4/05

Here is a pic of the SA-TX1000 from 1994
http://www.vintagetechnics.com/receivers/satx1000.htm

Drexus

Feb 9, 2005, 11:14:56 AM2/9/05
Ya, that's the one I found that was not the "Pale Gold" version of the
TX50. I'm starting to loose hope that I will ever see the unit I once
saw. At times, I almost feel I dreamed it. But then I talked to a guy
who worked at the same place where I saw the unit. He remembers it, but
can't remember the exact model number... he even suggested it might
have been part of a separate top-end series... kinda like the Pioneer
Elite series. So this is why I think it is now the SA-TX1010

...back to the search engines...

neilnew...@hotmail.com

Feb 23, 2005, 4:40:53 PM2/23/05
I suggest you search on eBay, then bookmark that search and check it
every week or so. Everything turns up on eBay eventually.

Also place "WTB" (want to buy) ads on newsgroups such as:

rec.audio.marketplace

alt.home-theater.marketplace

Also check those newsgroups every week or so. You can search newsgroups
via Google.com, then bookmark your searches every week or so.

Also search for places like audiogon.com that have for sale ads.

neilnew...@hotmail.com

Feb 23, 2005, 4:47:24 PM2/23/05

Drexus

Feb 28, 2005, 11:37:10 PM2/28/05
Thanks for the info!

tarasell

Jan 12, 2010, 12:44:03 PM1/12/10
tarasell had written this in response to
http://forums.cabling-design.com/hometheater/WTB-Technics-SA-TX1000-170-.htm
:
I have a Technics SA-TX1000 THX Class H with remote that I'd be willing to
part with. It is charcoal grey/black color. It works fine.

-------------------------------------
Drexus wrote:

| http://forums.cabling-design.com/ |
| *** a better way to USENET *** |
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup |
| alt.home-theater - 1613 messages and counting! |

ncrx...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2013, 12:41:15 AM1/5/13
I have the as-tx1000

dondj...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2020, 8:42:22 PM6/18/20
I think I have what what you are looking for by the way if u want pics let me know text me at 6139192265
Email at donava...@gmail.com