USS HERACLES: Newell and HIS date :)

The Winbergs

Mar 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/8/96
SD 80308.0447

Ensign Newell walked into Engineering, just after his "chat" with Cmdr =
Turek. *Great* he thought, *my own personal watchdog*.

"Dolan!", he yelled

"Sir!?", replied the Rec

"Rec, youre on triple shift tonight", said Newell

"Yes sir!", said Dolan as he went to work.

"One more thing, Houlden, are the warp engines ready to be fired on the =
CO's command?", asked Newell already knowing the answer.

"No, there were, complications", said Houlden

"What sort of complications? You ARE the warp field expert on board, I =
expect you to know how to fix these things!"

"Well, SIR", said Houlden, "the coils failed. An error on the CEO's =
part, sir!"

"Don't take that tone with me!", yelled Newell. *I can't afford this =
stupidity*, he thought.

"Houlden, I don't like you. And as soon as we get back to OMEGA I am =
requesting you be reassigned. And that Recruit Dolan be rejected from =
further assignments unless he graduates from the Academy."

"Aye sir."

"Well.. Go get the engines on line!"

Newell's communicator chirped [Newell?]

"Yes sir?"

It was Cmdr Lenin

[Can we engage to warp speed?]

"No, sir, apparently PO Houlden and Rec Dolan", he paused, "decided to =
goof off while the rest of the crew worked their.."

[Ensign, no excuses. I understand you are tired but if you can't handle =
being the CEO and heading up your department, perhaps you would like CPO =
Giles or CoB Vatour to take over]

"No, sir. I will deal with it."

[Good. I want those engines on by 2100 tonight. Out]

Houlden and Dolan just looked at him. "Both of you get working! Those =
engines are online at 2100!", yelled Newell.

He walked to Yoe1 Ivan. "Chief, I am putting in a reccomendation for =
promotion when we get back to OMEGA. Keep up the good work. Actually, =
infact, you look like you could take a break. I'll finish this up. You =
go shower and meat me in Holodeck 2 in one hour?", asked Newell

"Alright, sir. In one hour", smiled Ivan walking out.

Newell smiled to himself. Suddenly he realized he'd been standing there =
smiling for 5 minutes. He started working on the computer systems. He =
went to "rapid mode". He finished in 6.54 minutes, to be exact.

He began walking to holodeck 2...

NRPG: I'll finish this tomorrow, Xfiles are on..:)

Signoff

Respectfully Submitted,

Seth Winberg,

Clifford Newell,