Can anybody help me with a quote?

The Horny Goat

Jan 3, 2024, 2:48:11 PMJan 3
There's a quote I'm trying to track down that I hope one of the
grognards here can help me with.

Wish I could remember the source of the quote - I know it was by a
very well known person and said essentially that “If Britain HAD to
break itself - both financially and its Empire - one can’t think of a
better reason than to destroy the Nazi Empire!”

Here's hoping all of you had a good New Year - mine was certainly
better than Christmas which for me was driving around town trying to
find medicine for my flu-ridden daughter while the rest of the family
stayed away!

dama...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2024, 7:27:29 AMJan 4
Sounds a bit like a Churchill statement. It might be a very short paraphrasing of this:

https://www.parliament.uk/globalassets/documents/parliamentary-archives/Churchill-for-web-Mar-2014.pdf

Dean