Rufus King for President

Trolidan7

Dec 17, 2022, 3:04:17 PM12/17/22
Would it be reasonable to say that a Rufus King
that won would be so different from our time line
that it would be difficult to speculate about him?

Could the Federalists have survived?

Could anything be inferred about an alternate time
line where Rufus King became president?

Rich Rostrom

Dec 18, 2022, 7:51:11 PM12/18/22
The most likely scenario for this would be disaster for the
US in the War of 1812, with the US forced to cede the entire
Northwest Territory to Britain as a reserve for its Indian
allies, Louisiana ceded to Britain as a colony, and Madison
captured by the British during their raid on Washington.

That might make the public so disgusted with the Republicans
that King could win.

--
Nous sommes dans une pot de chambre, et nous y serons emmerdés.
--- General Auguste-Alexandre Ducrot at Sedan, 1870.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 18, 2022, 9:42:37 PM12/18/22
On 12/18/2022 4:51 PM, Rich Rostrom wrote:
> On 12/17/22 2:04 PM, Trolidan7 wrote:
>> Would it be reasonable to say that a Rufus King
>> that won would be so different from our time line
>> that it would be difficult to speculate about him?
>>
>> Could the Federalists have survived?
>>
>> Could anything be inferred about an alternate time
>> line where Rufus King became president?
>

> The most likely scenario for this would be disaster for the
> US in the War of 1812, with the US forced to cede the entire
> Northwest Territory to Britain as a reserve for its Indian
> allies, Louisiana ceded to Britain as a colony, and Madison
> captured by the British during their raid on Washington.
>
> That might make the public so disgusted with the Republicans
> that King could win.

With a peace settlement that disastrous for the US, would America even
be allowed to vote for President?

dirty old man.

pyotr filipivich

Dec 20, 2022, 12:50:50 PM12/20/22
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> on Sun, 18 Dec 2022 18:42:37
-0800 typed in alt.history.what-if the following:
Why not?

After all, does a Great Power really care what the rabble do?

How long until the various states start seeing if they can
individually cut a deal with Britain?
--
pyotr filipivich
"History rarely repeats herself" is the cliche. In reality she just