Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

"Carpathia" Crew list

226 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

paul

da leggere,
16 apr 1999, 03:00:0016/04/99
Story is that my grandfather, originally from Londonderry,
N.I. was a crewmember on the "Carpathia" and on board when
the survivors from the "Titanic" were rescued. Does anyone
know of how one would acquire (or even if one exists) a
listing of the crewmembers from the Carpathia? Thanks

mcc...@uswest.net

george_...@my-dejanews.com

da leggere,
17 apr 1999, 03:00:0017/04/99
In article <371811AE...@uswest.net>,
mcc...@uswest.net wrote:

Hello.

My husband has photocopies of Carpathia's original handwritten crew roster.
What was your grandfather's name? Can you tell us anything about him?

Brian Ticehurst of the BTS has published a small booklet containing a printed
version of Carpathia's crew roster. It's price is 3 pounds Sterling plus 1
pound for overseas postage and is available from:

Brian Ticehurst
1 Mardon Close
Swaythling
Southampton SO18 2HP
England

Sincerely,

Patricia Behe

Philip Hind

da leggere,
18 apr 1999, 03:00:0018/04/99
The Crew List from the Carpathia is reproduced on my Encyclopedia Titanica
site (http://www.rmplc.co.uk/eduweb/sites/phind/).
See Titanic A-Z | Carpathia | Documents.

Of course anyone wishing to gain more information on the Carpathia her
Captain and Crew are encouraged to purchase the excellent pamphlet from
Brian Ticehurst:

The Titanic's Rescuers - Captain Sir Arthur Rostron the crew of the
Carpathia . 23 pages. £3.00 (£4.00 overseas). Price includes postage. Orders
and cheques to Brian Ticehurst, 1 Mardon Close, Swaythling, Southampton.
SO18 2HP.

regards

Philip Hind

Tytanyck

da leggere,
18 apr 1999, 03:00:0018/04/99
exchange rate please from £4.00 to U.S $ ??

amar...@my-dejanews.com

da leggere,
18 apr 1999, 03:00:0018/04/99
Hola Edu pa los Cuates!!

Latest I heard it is like 1.6 US dlls per Sterling Pound...

Saludotes desde el barrio bravo de Narvarte!

Horacio Cazarin Ruiz
amargado :)

<Insertar cita estúpida aqui>

Tytanyck

da leggere,
18 apr 1999, 03:00:0018/04/99
>amar...@my-dejanews.com shows his wall street background and states:

>Latest I heard it is like 1.6 US dlls per Sterling Pound..

Gracias Horacio, I'm ordeing this pamphlet a.s.a.p.

[porahitemandounacopia!]

peter.l...@gmail.com

da leggere,
25 giu 2014, 16:36:0625/06/14
Dňa sobota, 17. apríla 1999 9:00:00 UTC+2 george_...@my-dejanews.com napísal(-a):
> In article <371811AE...@uswest.net>,
> mcc...@uswest.net wrote:
>
> > Story is that my grandfather, originally from Londonderry,
> > N.I. was a crewmember on the "Carpathia" and on board when
> > the survivors from the "Titanic" were rescued. Does anyone
> > know of how one would acquire (or even if one exists) a
> > listing of the crewmembers from the Carpathia? Thanks
>
> Hello.
>
> My husband has photocopies of Carpathia's original handwritten crew roster.
> What was your grandfather's name? Can you tell us anything about him?
>
> Brian Ticehurst of the BTS has published a small booklet containing a printed
> version of Carpathia's crew roster. It's price is 3 pounds Sterling plus 1
> pound for overseas postage and is available from:
>
> Brian Ticehurst
> 1 Mardon Close
> Swaythling
> Southampton SO18 2HP
> England
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Patricia Behe

Hello, I hope I will get any response even in 2014 :-)

I was searching for any info on one member of my family. The story says he was the crew member of Carpathia, but I am not able to find his name on any published list. Could you help me, please? Thank you a lot.

Peter Lehotsky

Bill Leary

da leggere,
25 giu 2014, 20:26:3325/06/14
wrote in message
> ((..omitted..))
>
> Hello, I hope I will get any response even in 2014 :-)
>
> I was searching for any info on one member of my family. The story says
> he was the crew member of Carpathia, but I am not able to find his name
> on any published list. Could you help me, please? Thank you a lot.

Perhaps this?

http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/carpathia-passengers-crew/

- Bill

classical...@gmail.com

da leggere,
28 nov 2018, 17:08:5428/11/18
My grandfather always told me the story of the Carpathia and how far away they were to the Titanic. How they steamed over to pick up Titanic passengers and how awful it was to hear all the people screaming and calling out in their peril. He painted a really truly terrible picture of the sinking.
On checking the lists of crew members, I cannot find his name amongst them at all. However, he would have only been around 16 or so, so would that mean he was not on the list, just a cabin boy or the like? Surely all the crew (absolutely everyone) would be included on the list. Makes me feel terrible really as I cannot stop thinking that he would never make up such a story if it were not true.

classical...@gmail.com

da leggere,
28 nov 2018, 17:12:1428/11/18
On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 6:08:54 AM UTC+8, classical...@gmail.com wrote:
> My grandfather always told me the story of the Carpathia and how far away they were to the Titanic. How they steamed over to pick up Titanic passengers and how awful it was to hear all the people screaming and calling out in their peril. He painted a really truly terrible picture of the sinking.
> On checking the lists of crew members, I cannot find his name amongst them at all. However, he would have only been around 16 or so, so would that mean he was not on the list, just a cabin boy or the like? Surely all the crew (absolutely everyone) would be included on the list. Makes me feel terrible really as I cannot stop thinking that he would never make up such a story if it were not true.

My Grandfather's name was Gwilym Hubert Jones

sdavmor

da leggere,
5 dic 2018, 02:43:0605/12/18
By the time the Carpathia arrived on the scene of the sinking there were
no screaming people in the water. It was hours after Titanic had
foundered. 3 hours perhaps (I'd have to look it up). The Carpathia
came upon a deathly silent and still ocean. The people they rescued were
all in lifeboats. Some might have been shouting. As in "over here".
But most were huddled in the boats in stunned silence waiting to be
taken aboard.

As to your dilemma. If your grandfather was there, cabin boy or not, he
would have been on the Carpathia's roster. Otherwise he would not, could
not, have been paid. Draw your own conclusions. Mine would be that
your grandpa was not about to let the truth get in the way of a tall tale.

Just my opinion. YMMV.
--
SDM a 21st century schizoid man in SoCal
Systems Theory website www.systemstheory.net
Through The Looking Glass radio show at www.deepnuggets.com
0 nuovi messaggi