Y'know I don't get something here . . .

ChrisCoaster

Dec 12, 2010, 12:03:07 PM12/12/10
On YouTube, there's all these clips of what the six o'clock news was
like back in 1980 with Bill Beutel and Roger Grimsby, and commercials
from the old "BEAUTIFUL MOUNT AIR-EEEE LODGE!!!!!", but some how none
of those 30min disaster TV shows made it on there?

I'm talking specifically about: "Day Of Disaster" and "When Havoc
Struck".

I was born in 1970, and watched epi after epi of both these shows with
my parents when I was 7 or 8. They covered everything from the 1906
San Francisco Quake to Titanic, Hindenburg, Andrea Doria, and
Hurricane Camille(1969). Heck they even documented the Tacomas Bridge
in Wasington State, the suspension bridge that twisted itself apart on
8mm home film.

The 70s were fascinated with disaster for some reason, and gave birth
to a Hindenburg film, SOS Titanic(for TV), and Towering Inferno,
Airplane, Airplane '77, Earthquake, and some more I must've missed.

Anyone remember those two disater specials?

-ChrisCoaster

bywat...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2016, 3:58:54 PM3/5/16
Yes! I remember "Day of Disaster" but cannot find information about it anywhere online. I was beginning to think I was losing my mind until I saw your post (from 5 years ago - lol!)

thekma...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2016, 1:08:23 PM3/27/16
That makes us probably the only two(online at
least) who remember or even care about those
shows.

bywat...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2016, 11:16:22 AM8/19/16
Ha Ha - Agreed! If i ever find anything online, I'll be sure to post it. Take care.