Formal apology to Hindus

Neil Ozman

Jun 7, 2002, 6:41:03 AM6/7/02
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA, June 4, 2002: The Financial Review's editor, Glenn
Burge,
issued a formal apology today for a cartoon which ran in his newspaper.
The apology, direct to Dr. A. Balasubramaniam of the Hindu Council of
Australia,
who lodged the formal complaint with the paper reads:
"I would like to formally apologize to you
as chairman of the Hindu Council of Australia for the illustration that
appeared in the Australian Financial Review by our cartoonist. I would
appreciate it if you could circulate it to the broader Hindu community in
Australia and internationally to acknowledge my sincere apology for the
offense the illustration has caused to the community. As the apology
notes, the misrepresentation of Ganesha in the illustration of the Kashmir
conflict was not intended to insult the Hindu religion. As editor, I will
ensure
there will be no repeat of such an unfortunate incident."

Steven Dufour

Jun 7, 2002, 10:21:40 AM6/7/02
I'm glad.

VS

Jun 10, 2002, 12:19:52 PM6/10/02
same here
"Steven Dufour" <fourd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

y2k

Aug 28, 2002, 4:33:31 PM8/28/02
We Hindus are always kind and understandable to others.
I hope that Christians and Hindus will have better understanding
from this in Australia.

"VS" <vip_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message