Western propoganda

Neil Ozman

Sep 1, 2002, 4:07:11 AM9/1/02
Below you will also find articles on the invension of the decimal system,
nuerals, etc.... they are Indian/Hindu. The real bigots are people like
yourself who are unable to face up to the truth and propagate myths and
lies!

Also note I do not really care too much about acts of terrorism on the west
by Muslims because you are not too concerned. History has been rewritten and
ignorance has been spread and you are a product of that ignorance.!

phobos_anomaly <phoenix_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Carl Price" <ca...@price1598.fsworld.co.uk> wrote on 27 Aug 2002 :
>
> <snip>
> > Mr Ozman has gone to great lengths to show the group,how bigoted and
> > evil muslims are.
> <snip>
>

> Mr Ozman obviously has a troll shaped chip on his shoulder. For example,
he
> said in his thread "Britian - Seeds of civil war in place" [1] :
>
> 'Let me also ask you why the BBC and the British establishment
> dishonestly report history ? Like this week the BBC had discussed the
> origins of the decimal system and numerals but said they were Arabic
> numerals. This is just an example of the outright lies your country
> indulges in.'
>
> The above was enough to convince me he was a nut with nothing
> useful/accurate to say.

http://www.gosai.com/chaitanya/saranagati/html/math/math_4.html

Evolution of Arabic (Roman) Numerals from India

A close investigation of the Vedic system of mathematics shows that it was
much more advanced than the mathematical systems of the civilizations of the
Nile or the Euphrates. The Vedic mathematicians had developed the decimal
system of tens, hundreds, thousands, etc. where the remainder from one
column of numbers is carried over to the next. The advantage of this system
of nine number signs and a zero is that it allows for calculations to be
easily made. Further, it has been said that the introduction of zero, or
sunya as the Indians called it, in an operational sense as a definite part
of a number system, marks one of the most important developments in the
entire history of mathematics. The earliest preserved examples of the number
system which is still in use today are found on several stone columns
erected in India by King Ashoka in about 250 B.C.E. [4 ] Similar
inscriptions are found in caves near Poona (100 B.C.E.) and Nasik (200
C.E.). [5] These earliest Indian numerals appear in a script called brahmi.

After 700 C.E. another notation, called by the name "Indian numerals," which
is said to have evolved from the brahmi numerals, assumed common usage,
spreading to Arabia and from there around the world. When Arabic numerals
(the name they had then become known by) came into common use throughout the
Arabian empire, which extended from India to Spain, Europeans called them
"Arabic notations," because they received them from the Arabians. However,
the Arabians themselves called them "Indian figures" (Al-Arqan-Al-Hindu) and
mathematics itself was called "the Indian art" (hindisat).

Evolution of "Arabic numerals" from Brahmi
(250 B.C.E.) to the 16th century.

Mastery of this new mathematics allowed the Muslim mathematicians of Baghdad
to fully utilize the geometrical treatises of Euclid and Archimedes.
Trigonometry flourished there along with astronomy and geography. Later in
history, Carl Friedrich Gauss, the "prince of mathematics," was said to have
lamented that Archimedes in the third century B.C.E. had failed to foresee
the Indian system of numeration; how much more advanced science would have
been.
Prior to these revolutionary discoveries, other world civilizations-the
Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Romans, and the Chinese-all used independent
symbols for each row of counting beads on the abacus, each requiring its own
set of multiplication or addition tables. So cumbersome were these systems
that mathematics was virtually at a standstill. The new number system from
the Indus Valley led a revolution in mathematics by setting it free. By 500
C.E. mathematicians of India had solved problems that baffled the world's
greatest scholars of all time. Aryabhatta, an astronomer mathematician who
flourished at the beginning of the 6th century, introduced sines and versed
sines-a great improvement over the clumsy half-cords of Ptolemy. A.L.
Basham, foremost authority on ancient India, writes in The Wonder That Was
India,

Medieval Indian mathematicians, such as Brahmagupta (seventh century),
Mahavira (ninth century), and Bhaskara (twelfth century), made several
discoveries which in Europe were not known until the Renaissance or later.
They understood the import of positive and negative quantities, evolved
sound systems of extracting square and cube roots, and could solve quadratic
and certain types of indeterminate equations." [6] Mahavira's most
noteworthy contribution is his treatment of fractions for the first time and
his rule for dividing one fraction by another, which did not appear in
Europe until the 16th century. next