Pope deplores Australia's secular trends

Neil Kashmiri - Hindu Sikh

Mar 28, 2004, 3:16:59 AM3/28/04
So he dislike secular trends in Christian nations but encourages them in
non-Christian nations!

http://www.boston.com/news/world/europe/articles/2004/03/26/pope_deplores_au
stralias_secular_trends/

Pope deplores Australia's secular trends
3/26/2004

VATICAN CITY -- Pope John Paul II deplored Friday that secular trends have
found "fertile ground" in Australia and urged the country's Roman Catholic
bishops to actively defend the church's teaching on marriage and the family.

The pope also underlined the importance of attending Mass on Sunday, saying
the day should not become subordinate to a "secular concept of `weekend'
dominated by such things as entertainment and sport."

He told the bishops it was their task to "lead men and women from the
shadows of moral confusion and ambiguous thinking into the radiance of
Christ's truth and love."

Thirty-six of Australia's 44 bishops have been meeting with Vatican
officials as part of a visit bishops are required to make to the Vatican
every five years.

In an address to a group of the bishops Friday, John Paul said the
"pernicious ideology of secularism has found fertile ground in Australia,"
adding that the bishops' reports have described results such as an
undermining of family life and a drift away from the church.

In particular, the pope cited "the growing trend to equate marriage with
other forms of cohabitation."

"It is the bishop's particular task to ensure that within civil society --
including the media and entertainment industry sectors -- the values of
marriage and family life are supported and defended," he said.

© Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may
not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mark Johnson

Mar 28, 2004, 9:19:33 AM3/28/04
"Neil Kashmiri - Hindu Sikh" <neil_k...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Pope deplores Australia's secular trends
>3/26/2004
>
>VATICAN CITY -- Pope John Paul II deplored Friday that secular trends have
>found "fertile ground" in Australia and urged the country's Roman Catholic
>bishops to actively defend the church's teaching on marriage and the family.

How about Church teaching on ecumenism, namely - it's pretty much a
heresy? Indifferentism, pretty much a mason/secular teaching now, is a
heresy.

His Holiness is just so out of it, so in denial, or just so senile
that others are always speaking in his place, that he would dare to
condemn the Aussies for essentially obeying his every word. He can't
have it both ways.

When he jettisons 'new order' in favor of the Holy Mass, then you can
start taking him seriously. The hypocrisy, of course, is that he
supposedly has The Mass said in private, just for himself, while he
condemns putative 'catholics', the CRs as they've become under his
reign, to an unGodly 'new order'.

All he has to do is come out, tomorrow, and say - the 'new order' as
we knew it, is dead. Long live The Mass. All he has to do.

Peace.

to the only God our Saviour by JESUS Christ our Lord,
be glory and magnificence, empire and power before
all worlds, and now and for all worlds evermore. Amen.