Seeing if anyone's here, and something I've noticed

Basil D

Oct 2, 2018, 6:28:24 PM10/2/18
Well, I won't do FarceBook (esp. since Zuckerberg's **** has been revealed), and both An
Tir's and the Society's heralds' mailing lists are not given to speculation and general
discussion. Thus, I'm posting to see if anyone's around.

I've read a few remarks that Viking/Norse names are rising, strongly, in popularity
recently. Can't say I've noticed it, at least in OSCAR submissions. Are people just not
registering their shiny new Viking/Norse names? Or am I just so used to An Tir, where it
seems like *everyone* has always submitted Norse names, except the fairly numerous Gaelic
names, and the thin sprinkling of Italian?

What I *have* noticed in the last ~6 months, is the growing number of Mongolian
submissions. They seem to be getting rather popular. Any idea(s) why?

Oh, and in the last few months I've noticed a small but growing number of Turkish names.
Curious.

~~Basil D