EV NOVA registration key needed!!!!!!!

I poke Smot

Mar 20, 2002, 2:34:49 AM3/20/02
If anyone has a EV Nova key, please post it or send it to me.

Hamster

Mar 20, 2002, 10:18:00 AM3/20/02
zeror...@attbi.com (I poke Smot) wrote in message news:<5a2a054f.02031...@posting.google.com>...

> If anyone has a EV Nova key, please post it or send it to me.

i need the key too. don't post it here, ambrosia is watching the
group. send an email to me. thx. we could share s/n if u want.
I need also a good warez-sharing site. i can share warez with u if u
want. thx. im looking forward to ur mail.

===HAMSTER===

Judas

Mar 20, 2002, 11:04:49 AM3/20/02
zeror...@attbi.com (I poke Smot) wrote in message news:<5a2a054f.02031...@posting.google.com>...
> If anyone has a EV Nova key, please post it or send it to me.

Mail it to me too! I Need a new Ship!!!

Paul Dunlop

Mar 20, 2002, 3:07:45 PM3/20/02
Uhhhh......might as well join in then. ME TOO PLEASE !

Thank you :-)

I really do wanna buy it, but I ain't got a credit card. ! damn ! grrrrr

On 20/3/02 16:04, in article
faeccdf2.02032...@posting.google.com, "Judas"

John

Mar 20, 2002, 6:08:27 PM3/20/02
Could you send me a SN too?

Does it matter if Ambrosia is watching? I suppose they could rat out
the origional person on the registration name...That seems unlikely
though..

Gorg

Mar 20, 2002, 8:29:35 PM3/20/02
zeror...@attbi.com (I poke Smot) wrote in message news:<5a2a054f.02031...@posting.google.com>...
> If anyone has a EV Nova key, please post it or send it to me.

dont forget me, I need one too

MP0werd

Mar 20, 2002, 8:45:48 PM3/20/02
pa...@mac.com (John) wrote:

It's not. Furthermore they watch registration patterns. If the same number is
registered by different people in a short span of time, it gets flagged and
deactivated. The products registered before a serial's deactivation still work
because it only checks the serial with the server once. Registrations occuring
afterwards would fail.

Alex

Mar 20, 2002, 10:37:31 PM3/20/02
Please send it to me to. I am eager to try it out, thanx

Psi Guy

Mar 20, 2002, 11:02:27 PM3/20/02
in article 20020320204548...@mb-fq.aol.com, MP0werd at
mp0...@aol.com wrote on 3/20/02 5:45 PM:

can you send one to me too (kirb...@hotmail.com)
and how do they watch registration patterns?
also...if its not posted in the newsgroup and just sent in e-mails...how do
they track it then?
thx

MP0werd

Mar 20, 2002, 11:31:15 PM3/20/02
Psi Guy <kirb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>can you send one to me too (kirb...@hotmail.com)

I'm not in the business of handing out serials. If you want serials, go to a
newsgroup like alt.binaries.mac.serial.numbers

>and how do they watch registration patterns?
>also...if its not posted in the newsgroup and just sent in e-mails...how do
>they track it then?

Straight from the horse's mouth:
<http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics&numbe
r=14&forum=*The+Ambrosia+Times+Newsletter&DaysPrune=25&article=000052&star
tpoint=>

or from macslash:
<www.macslash.com/articles/02/02/01/1747222.shtml>

You pirate, you pay.

>thx

David Pruitt

Mar 21, 2002, 12:12:12 AM3/21/02
> You pirate, you pay.

Hahaha.. They should put that in an ad.

--

D a v i d P r u i t t
da...@davidNOSPAMpruitt.com

(To send mail directly to me, remove NOSPAM from my email address)

Money$nake

Mar 21, 2002, 2:20:41 AM3/21/02

2000guitars

Mar 21, 2002, 3:15:44 AM3/21/02
big_bo...@hotmail.com (Gorg) wrote in message news:<41f4a4aa.02032...@posting.google.com>...

> zeror...@attbi.com (I poke Smot) wrote in message news:<5a2a054f.02031...@posting.google.com>...
> > If anyone has a EV Nova key, please post it or send it to me.
>
> dont forget me, I need one too

Interested in key for Nova also--thanks!!!

Mar 21, 2002, 3:42:38 AM3/21/02
dont forget me!

Louis

Mar 21, 2002, 4:03:49 AM3/21/02
> I want to continue with the "wild geese" storyline.

Please send me one too

Mar 21, 2002, 8:12:04 AM3/21/02
monk...@hotmail.com (Money$nake) wrote in message news:<52105330.02032...@posting.google.com>...

dont forget me! mme...@mac.com

Jim Blackburn

Mar 21, 2002, 8:07:42 AM3/21/02
In article <41f4a4aa.02032...@posting.google.com>,
big_bo...@hotmail.com (Gorg) wrote:

The only thing that could make me laugh more than seeing a real,
honest-to-God "me too" post in the year 2002 would be if the president of
Ambrosia posted a followup to it while giggling deviously.

--
Jim Blackburn
k2yrl...@sneakemail.com (Yes, that address *is* valid)

Mar 21, 2002, 3:53:45 PM3/21/02

> > dont forget me, I need one too
>
> The only thing that could make me laugh more than seeing a real,
> honest-to-God "me too" post in the year 2002 would be if the president of
> Ambrosia posted a followup to it while giggling deviously.

?? i dont get it??

MP0werd

Mar 21, 2002, 5:53:37 PM3/21/02

President of Ambrosia: Here's your new serial!
User: Wrot13Happy
Serial: RKRPFPEVCG - ez -es

Alexander Kahn

Mar 21, 2002, 8:32:11 PM3/21/02
In <cac4f35e.02032...@posting.google.com> mme...@mac.com (m) wrote:

>> The only thing that could make me laugh more than seeing a real,
>> honest-to-God "me too" post in the year 2002 would be if the president of
>> Ambrosia posted a followup to it while giggling deviously.
>
>?? i dont get it??

Me neither. I could use that s/n too. alexan...@mac.com

Mar 22, 2002, 6:02:58 AM3/22/02
mp0...@aol.com (MP0werd) wrote in message news:<20020321175337...@mb-mn.aol.com>...

hahahaha thats funny

James

Mar 22, 2002, 2:56:26 PM3/22/02
<if anyone finds a solution for registering ev nova such as a reg code
please email me also or just post it in the damned news!>
da...@kirk.zzn.com

Dave

Mar 22, 2002, 7:57:58 PM3/22/02
Louis <Kra...@onid.orst.edu> wrote in message news:<3C99A1F5...@hotmail.com>...

> > I want to continue with the "wild geese" storyline.
>
> Please send me one too

I could use one as well

Merenis

Mar 24, 2002, 3:30:39 AM3/24/02
mp0...@aol.com (MP0werd) wrote in message news:<20020320204548...@mb-fq.aol.com>...

I rather doubt that. For one thing, the registration process cannot
actually require an active internet connection, for obvious reasons.
Hence, there will be no "checking the server" at the initial
registration. Any pirate worth his salt will stow the prefs away
safely - even if he needs to wipe his drive clean, he won't need to
use Ambrosia's updating service later to get a new SN. He will,
therefore, not risk having the server identify his number as a pirated
one.

I wonder, have you merely misunderstood Matt's post, or are you
intentionally misinforming people on Ambrosia's behalf as to what the
reg app can or cannot do?

John Collins

Mar 24, 2002, 5:37:41 PM3/24/02
da...@kirk.zzn.com (James) wrote in message news:<5d5c087.02032...@posting.google.com>...

> <if anyone finds a solution for registering ev nova such as a reg code
> please email me also or just post it in the damned news!>
> da...@kirk.zzn.com

Me too please! My friend and I want to play this with the cool ships
and plugins activated.

Choc...@flashmail.com

Thanks!!

Unknown

Mar 24, 2002, 8:46:56 PM3/24/02
jaz...@mac.com

I need it too, I got trapped in the Vell-os thread and I want to continue.

Thanks soooo much if u e-mail it to me at,
jaz...@mac.com

nukeler

Mar 24, 2002, 9:31:49 PM3/24/02
me 2 i nned 1 or preferably a hack cause my mac isnt connected to the internet.

mailto:vova...@hotmail.com

nukeler

Mar 25, 2002, 1:41:44 AM3/25/02
ambrosia sw is loosing all this mony to piracy and discouraging other
ppl from playing because of their 30$ shareware fee if they made it 15
$ or 20 $ them many more ppl would pay. Whats 15 $ any way, a tank of
gas? but 30$ is a dinner in a pritty good restarunt. So if you pirate
the software your half to blame the other half of the blame goes to
ambrosia sw for their enormous prices.

MP0werd

Mar 25, 2002, 9:10:49 PM3/25/02
mer...@europe.com (Merenis) wrote:

I'm sorry that you feel my information is misleading or erroneous. I acquired
the information from the Ambrosia Times' Bitwise Operator column which says
that new system does require some form of contact with Ambrosia. The serials
time out after a 30 days and the means to get a working serial after that
window is ambrosia themselves.

Merenis

Mar 26, 2002, 2:04:08 PM3/26/02
mp0...@aol.com (MP0werd) wrote in message news:<20020325211049...@mb-co.aol.com>...

> mer...@europe.com (Merenis) wrote:
>>
> >I wonder, have you merely misunderstood Matt's post, or are you
> >intentionally misinforming people on Ambrosia's behalf as to what the
> >reg app can or cannot do?
>
> I'm sorry that you feel my information is misleading or erroneous. I acquired
> the information from the Ambrosia Times' Bitwise Operator column which says
> that new system does require some form of contact with Ambrosia.

Nope. Not unless you have lost the preferences file and the app AFTER
you've registered it.

>The serials
> time out after a 30 days and the means to get a working serial after that
> window is ambrosia themselves.

Take a look, if you will, at the following passages from the long,
dreary, 'all-we-want-is-pizza-and-beer' tirade by Matt Slot, aka the
Bitwise Operator:

"it forces the user to activate the product within 30 days, or the
code expires and won't activate anything, Now, and this is important,
the timestamp has absolutely no effect on the operation of the
software after the code has been entered. Once personalized for the
user's computer, it remains fully functional forever (unless someone
wipes the system clean)."

The need to contact Ambrosia arose only when,

"...Apple had upgraded the operating system and most people were
paranoid enough to perform a clean install. This meant that the data
file containing the software registration was lost as well, and most
of them needed to reenter their license codes."

Now... what pirate would be stupid enough, knowing about this
expiration scheme, not to back up anything to do with EV Nova,
including the aforementioned data file, before they wipe the system?

"You see, in order to renew their stolen codes they must contact a
computer in our office. " says Matt. /Only/ if they're foolish enough
to have lost the registered app and preferences file in the first
place.

I restate, the user does NOT have to contact Ambrosia the first time
they register.

Which is a good thing - it is likely that Surfer's Serials will keep
up with the codes for a few months, once the system is cracked -
that's why it's a monthly publication. :) Also, it would be most
amusing if the new registration scheme were vulnerable to something as
simple as resetting the date on your machine - and at present, I don't
see why it wouldn't be.

MP0werd

Mar 26, 2002, 2:54:02 PM3/26/02
mer...@europe.com (Merenis) wrote:

>mp0...@aol.com (MP0werd) wrote in message
>> mer...@europe.com (Merenis) wrote:
>>>
>> >I wonder, have you merely misunderstood Matt's post, or are you
>> >intentionally misinforming people on Ambrosia's behalf as to what the
>> >reg app can or cannot do?
>>
>> I'm sorry that you feel my information is misleading or erroneous. I
acquired
>> the information from the Ambrosia Times' Bitwise Operator column which says
>> that new system does require some form of contact with Ambrosia.
>
>Nope. Not unless you have lost the preferences file and the app AFTER
>you've registered it.

I see where the confusion comes from. I am talking merely in terms of warez,
which means people sharing their serials. After 30 days, the serials stop
working and any pirate who uses them would have to contact ambrosia. At first
the number may work but it would probably be blacklisted in short order. I was
not speaking in terms of the original person who registered.

Merenis

Mar 26, 2002, 5:49:25 PM3/26/02
mp0...@aol.com (MP0werd) wrote in message

> I see where the confusion comes from. I am talking merely in terms of warez,

> which means people sharing their serials.

So am I.

>After 30 days, the serials stop
> working and any pirate who uses them would have to contact ambrosia.

Only if the pirate were silly enough to trash his prefs.

Sorry to waste bandwidth with this back-and-forth banter, but
serialbuggers ought to know their options.

Which, right now, I envision as the following:

1) Someone cracks the scheme, submits a buncha serials to Surfers'
Serials.

2) Pirates register within a month and make sure to keep their prefs.
The app works forever.

3) After a month, serials expire. Serials in last month's SS don't
work anymore. The new edition of Surfer's Serials has new numbers.
Rinse and repeat until interest in Nova wanes.

or, someone writes a patch circumventing the whole time-based scheme,
and the whole mess ends there.

This reminds me so much of the old Realmz/Fantasoft, when Tim Phillips
would check C&N and keep a blacklist deep in the datafiles. :) He,
too, seemed obsessed with fancy anti-piracy devices.

MP0werd

Mar 26, 2002, 7:06:43 PM3/26/02
mer...@europe.com (Merenis) wrote:

>mp0...@aol.com (MP0werd) wrote in message
>
>> I see where the confusion comes from. I am talking merely in terms of warez,
>> which means people sharing their serials.
>
>So am I.
>
>>After 30 days, the serials stop
>> working and any pirate who uses them would have to contact ambrosia.

>Only if the pirate were silly enough to trash his prefs.

That assumes the pirate registered within the 30 days, which is probably not
the case. Pirates who register after the window will not be able to register
without, as you say, solutions like cracks.

>>Sorry to waste bandwidth with this back-and-forth banter, but
>>serialbuggers ought to know their options.
>
>Which, right now, I envision as the following:
>
>1) Someone cracks the scheme, submits a buncha serials to Surfers'
>Serials.
>
>2) Pirates register within a month and make sure to keep their prefs.
>The app works forever.
>
>3) After a month, serials expire. Serials in last month's SS don't
>work anymore. The new edition of Surfer's Serials has new numbers.
>Rinse and repeat until interest in Nova wanes.
>
>or, someone writes a patch circumventing the whole time-based scheme,
>and the whole mess ends there.

I suppose so although ambrosia could release a new .1 revision that breaks the
serial number algorythm which has been developed and the patch all while
allowing correct serials to work.

>This reminds me so much of the old Realmz/Fantasoft, when Tim Phillips
>would check C&N and keep a blacklist deep in the datafiles. :) He,
>too, seemed obsessed with fancy anti-piracy devices.

Well, we'll see how it plays out.

OM

Mar 28, 2002, 1:21:00 AM3/28/02
EV Nova:

name: Fredrik Gadnell
copies: 1
code: HE43-TNK5-VAXA

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:37:41 -0500, John Collins wrote
(in message <40936774.02032...@posting.google.com>):

Posted with Hogwasher. For a free Test Drive click on:
http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product.pl?58/hogwasher.html

theandrewpa...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2016, 7:32:39 PM2/2/16
If anyone is still out there reading this please send me a working user ID and serial. I split the cost of one of these games with a friend years ago. Don't know what happened to the number or the friend.

stephi....@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2019, 6:46:35 PM1/26/19
On Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 12:34:49 AM UTC-7, I poke Smot wrote:
> If anyone has a EV Nova key, please post it or send it to me.

Anyone still around? Does anyone know if Ambrosia is till in business? I'd gladly purchase a new license again. I want to play this!!!

steph...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2020, 5:02:14 PM2/12/20
They are shut down now, where do I find codes?

scott....@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2020, 8:02:18 PM4/8/20
On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 5:02:14 PM UTC-5, steph...@gmail.com wrote:
> They are shut down now, where do I find codes?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Escape_Velocity/

You're welcome.