suck

Chris Jacobs

Oct 4, 2021, 6:31:27 PM10/4/21
The instructions for installing suck are thusly insufficient that I think installing suck nevertheless may be counted as an obhack.

https://zoomadmin.com/HowToInstall/UbuntuPackage/suck

What I did:

~/mysuck
---
#!/usr/bin/bash
cd /etc/suck
sudo -u news suck news.eternal-september.org -A -bp -c -hl localhost -u -U ctjacobs -P CENSORED
---
to be called by me before I read news

~/mypost
---
#!/usr/bin/bash
/usr/lib/news/bin/sm $1 | formail -f -I Xref: -I Injection-info: | rpost news.eternal-september.org -u -U ctjacobs -P CENSORED
---
to be called from newsfeeds. chown news:news

---
eternal-september.org\
:*,!junk,!control,!control.*/!foo\
:Tp,Wn:/home/ctjacobs/mypost %s