Keep Notes Hack

Buzz McCool

Oct 18, 2023, 12:12:16 PM10/18/23
So I've been using the Google Keep note taking app in place of a paper
notebook the past few years. I was adding a name of a book to a long
list of books to read using this app on my phone when I somehow
clobbered the entire list of books. No problem, there should be a way to
get a past snapshot, right? A bit of research indicated I couldn't do it
on my phone, but I could do so accessing Google Keep on a computer. I go
to a computer and get some statement like "this feature is being slowly
rolled out - stay tuned." Rats!

ObHack: I have a tablet I occasionally use with the Google Keep app on
it. Keeping the tablet's lid closed, I walked out my front door and a
block down the street, well out of Wi-Fi range. I opened the tablet,
then opened Google Keep and copied the list of books from it before it
could be updated/clobbered via Wi-Fi.

Buzz