alt.sex.bondage is just for sex perverts

Elf Sternberg

Jul 9, 1992, 1:28:09 AM7/9/92
In article <lexier.7...@sfu.ca>
lex...@fraser.sfu.ca (Lyle Lexier) writes:

>alt.sex.bondage is just for sex perverts. No one in their right mind would
>read such a board that downgrades women and which promotes "rape" and other
>sexually perverted things that people don't need to learn about. Why not
>just ban alt.sex.bondage all together!

Thank you for your opinion.

Alt.sex.bondage is about women dominating men, women dominating
women, men dominating men, and (ooooh...) even sometimes men dominating
women. It is also about people voluntarily (important word) and with
consent participating in these activities.

Alt.sex.bondage does not promote rape. Alt.sex.bondage ~in general~
promotes a healthy and safe attitude towards alternate sexuality.
People are _going_ to attempt bondage and s/m activities, and
alt.sex.bondage promotes an educational forum wherein people can learn to
do these things without getting hurt, either physically or emotionally.

You, sir, may choose not to read alt.sex.bondage. In fact, you may
choose not to read anything even remotely associated with
alt.sex.bondage. The killfile command for alt.sex.bondage is:

/^Newsgroups:.*alt.sex.bondage*/:j

I am not interested in YOU, who does not know anything about me,
telling ME what I can and cannot read or learn about. I am not
interested in complete strangers dictating what I can and cannot do. I
am not interested in the capacity of the 'net being shortchanged by
small minds.

People are going to continue, as they have for ages past, to discuss
alternate sexual behavior. Banning alt.sex.bondage, a newsgroup with a
readership well over 100,000 people, would simply force the creation of
excessively large mailing lists, FTP nets, and the continued discussion
of bondage-related topics on less appropriate newsgroups.

Your .sig reads, in part:

|> There should be no discrimination against any person <|
|> for his/her race, sex, or sexual orientation. <|

A commendable attitude. I would argue, however, the safe and sane
sadomasochism is a significant aspect of my sexual orientation, and you,
sir, advocate denying me intellectual access to that, thereby advocating
that I practice my sexuality unsafely.

Elf !!!
--
Elf Sternberg __ | I have looked into the abyss, and the abyss
e...@halcyon.com \/ | has looked into me. Neither liked what we saw.

Rob McKeever

Jul 11, 1992, 10:48:28 PM7/11/92
ma...@r-node.gts.org (Marc Fournier - Sys Admin) writes:

>In article <lexier.7...@sfu.ca> lex...@fraser.sfu.ca (Lyle Lexier) writes:

>>Hello everyone,

>>alt.sex.bondage is just for sex perverts. No one in their right mind would
>>read such a board that downgrades women and which promotes "rape" and other
>>sexually perverted things that people don't need to learn about. Why not
>>just ban alt.sex.bondage all together!

[A bit of Background for those who want/need it]

The whole issue about alt.sex.bondage, etc. came about when
the University of Manitoba decided to ban such groups because
they might be violating Canada's pornography laws. Simon Fraser
University followed suit in the first 3 or four days of June. This
action generated an ongoing debate about whether or not it was just
or whether such actions violated Canada's charter of rights and freedoms.

> If you don't like it...don't read it...I don't. Just because
>you find it downgrading...there are women who it actually excites out there.
>I've even heard about women who can't even have an orgasm without some
>pain in the encounter. I wish you moralistic wannabe's would get a
>life and leave alone what you don't understand or agree with...it would make
>this world such a much more pleasant place to live.

Now, this I can agree with. I'm not saying that I'd ignore violence
if I were to see it somewhere, just that I'm not going to ban it
because 'I' think it's 'sick'. Besides, I HATE beaurocracy and think
we'd be much better off with (at least a little) anarchy.

PLEASE: move any remaining conversation on this topic
to someplace more suitable, like one of the politically or
religiously oriented groups!

--
Rob McKeever

Marc Fournier - Sys Admin

Jul 11, 1992, 11:41:11 AM7/11/92
In article <lexier.7...@sfu.ca> lex...@fraser.sfu.ca (Lyle Lexier) writes:
>Hello everyone,
>
>alt.sex.bondage is just for sex perverts. No one in their right mind would
>read such a board that downgrades women and which promotes "rape" and other
>sexually perverted things that people don't need to learn about. Why not
>just ban alt.sex.bondage all together!

If you don't like it...don't read it...I don't. Just because
you find it downgrading...there are women who it actually excites out there.
I've even heard about women who can't even have an orgasm without some
pain in the encounter. I wish you moralistic wannabe's would get a
life and leave alone what you don't understand or agree with...it would make
this world such a much more pleasant place to live.

Marc
--
| Marc Fournier R-Node Public Access Unix 416-249-5366 |
| 1800+ newsgroups Running UnixBBS 1.03 network email |

Message has been deleted

Dan Butler

Nov 15, 2023, 12:48:41 PM11/15/23
Yeah baby!