Re: Google ending support for Usenet

Peter J Ross

Dec 16, 2023, 4:16:04 PM12/16/23
[AHM added]

On 16/12/2023 18:25, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> W.Dockery wrote:
>> That's exactly what the announcement says, meaning, as far as I can
>> tell, the easiest move from the Google Groups version of a.a.p.c. is
>> over to Nova BBS:
>>
>> https://www.novabbs.com/arts/thre.arts.poetry.comments
>>

> How can we get rid of that sewer next?

I've already port-scanned it.

I'm interested in the welfare of the site in a friendly way, you understand.

It's a nice site, isn't it?

It would be a shame if something happened to it.

--
PJR :-)

Peter J Ross

Dec 16, 2023, 4:33:26 PM12/16/23
[AHM restored. Hello, empty AHM! AUK added. Hello, empty AUK!]

On 16/12/2023 21:20, Will Dockery wrote:
> Yes, Retro Guy might need to ban you.

I live in perpetual dread of that happening.

Meanwhile, clueless newbie, when are you going to learn that it's
acceptable to remove a newsgroup from the list of crossposted newsgroups
only if you notify the removal in the body of your post?

--
PJR :-)

%

Dec 16, 2023, 4:37:59 PM12/16/23
Peter J Ross wrote:
> [AHM restored. Hello, empty AHM! AUK added. Hello, empty AUK!]
>
> On 16/12/2023 21:20, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 4:16:04 PM UTC-5, Peter J Ross wrote:
>>> [AHM added]

>>> I've already port-scanned it.
>>>
>>> I'm interested in the welfare of the site in a friendly way, you
>>> understand.
>>>
>>> It's a nice site, isn't it?
>>>
>>> It would be a shame if something happened to it.
>>
>> Yes, Retro Guy might need to ban you.
>
> I live in perpetual dread of that happening.
>
> Meanwhile, clueless newbie, when are you going to learn that it's
> acceptable to remove a newsgroup from the list of crossposted newsgroups
> only if you notify the removal in the body of your post?

you can add stuff too

%

Dec 16, 2023, 4:56:06 PM12/16/23
In article <ku6icg...@mid.individual.net>, p...@example.invalid says...
lol

Edmond Wollmann

Dec 16, 2023, 6:50:25 PM12/16/23
On 16 Dec 2023, Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> posted some
Not that you'd be capable of doing anything to influence it.

Peter J Ross

Dec 16, 2023, 8:22:12 PM12/16/23
Not that you, socky, would be capable of doing anything to, er, doing
anything to, er, doing, er ...

Is there anything you're capable of doing, socky? I need to imagine
something that you're capable of doing in order to complete my reply.

--
PJR :-)

Peter J Ross

Dec 16, 2023, 8:22:31 PM12/16/23
On 2023-12-16, Edmond Wollmann <le...@astroconsulting.com> wrote:
--
PJR :-)

Edmond Wollmann

Dec 16, 2023, 10:47:29 PM12/16/23
Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid>, the farting moocher and tepid
faux-man who likes ravenous in and out jobs with echidnas, and whose
partner is a woman-of-Babylon with a commodious juice box, wrote in
<slrnunsja...@nntp.pjross.me>:

> On 2023-12-16, Edmond Wollmann <le...@astroconsulting.com> wrote:
>> On 16 Dec 2023, Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> posted some
>>
>>> [AHM added]

>>> I've already port-scanned it.
>>>
>>> I'm interested in the welfare of the site in a friendly way, you
>>> understand.
>>>
>>> It's a nice site, isn't it?
>>>
>>> It would be a shame if something happened to it.
>>
>> Not that you'd be capable of doing anything to influence it.
>
> Not that

Yes that.

Be more respectful to your betters or you'll find faggots in your wheel
chair spokes.