M$ And Raw Sockets?

1 view

Ryan

Sep 5, 2002, 12:26:36 AM9/5/02
"SysCold" <sys...@net4u.hr> wrote in news:al6jov$e53$2...@brown.net4u.hr:

[snip]
> ICMP flood:
> 'ping -l 65535 -n 10000'
[snip]
> Even on LAN it is hard to do it!

Ah, I tried it on my lan, dosn't do shit. My lan is just simple
ethernet, full duplex. I was moving a large (100MB+) file
last night, and it averaged over 300Kbs per second; At the same time
I was connected through telnet, playing with pine, and never
noticed any sort of slow down.

So I would say not hard to do, but impossible to do, unless
the machine reciving it is a 386 without a fpu.

And this network is only a P60 and P133, not fast machine
to be sure; Of course the reciving machine(P60) is running setiathome,
and still not even a hint of network stress; It is a linux box though.

[snip]