Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

pro/blues junior

Visto 3 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Boheimia

no leída,
11 jul 2001, 20:15:1111/7/01
hello,
i had posted a message earlier asking for opinions on a clean amp with good
reverb. i got a lot of fender recoomendations. i like the looks of the little
pro junior, but wold it be fairly clean at coffee shop volumes? ( i use
fingerpicking and a single coil telecaster.) i could buy a reverb pedal for a
decently lush sound. which pedal would match? the other amp i was looking at
was a blues junior with reverb. is the reverb any good? is it a very dark amp?
thanks for any help,
gabe

Boheimia

no leída,
11 jul 2001, 20:21:1411/7/01
one more question,
could i replace the reverb in the blues junior to get more depth and dwell?
thanks again,
gabe

PMG

no leída,
11 jul 2001, 20:37:3211/7/01
On 12 Jul 2001 00:15:11 GMT, bohe...@aol.com (Boheimia) wrote:

>hello,
> i had posted a message earlier asking for opinions on a clean amp with good
>reverb. i got a lot of fender recoomendations. i like the looks of the little
>pro junior, but wold it be fairly clean at coffee shop volumes? ( i use
>fingerpicking and a single coil telecaster.)

I probably wouldn't show all that much dirt sound at coffee shop
levels. If you want clean though, you need more watts, but it's a
judgement call if it's clean enough for you, that's why you gotta try
it yourself.

>i could buy a reverb pedal for a
>decently lush sound. which pedal would match?

I don't use reverb, I'd rather hear my guitar & amp ringing than a
spring reverb or a di-di-di-digital shitification of my guitar.

>the other amp i was looking at
>was a blues junior with reverb. is the reverb any good?

One of the worst, and it's not dependable either.

>is it a very dark amp?
>thanks for any help,
>gabe

The Tolex covering is darker than the tweed covering. The Tolex is
cheaper and more rugged, but the tweed would look better and you might
seem more cool in a coffee house. If the coffee house doesn't have
air conditioning, I'd go with the tweed covering, if they do have air,
I'd go with the sturdier, cheaper Tolex because you won't need to stay
cool.

Pete

--
I'll take my chances in the mystery wall --Homer

george marinich

no leída,
12 jul 2001, 8:13:3412/7/01
I'm not familiar with the Pro Junior or the Blues Junior, but they seem like
odd choices for a coffeehouse. Depends what you're playing of course. Are
you using a PA for vocals? You may want to consider some sort of preamp
going directly into the PA. That way you get a clean sound and can
guarantee coverage for the venue.

PMG has it exactly right - usually you need more watts to keep everything
clean. I also like to add a speaker and setting the combo on one side and
speaker cab on the other to spread out the sound a bit.

mari...@att.net
http://marinich.home.att.net

"Boheimia" <bohe...@aol.com> wrote in message

Spike

no leída,
12 jul 2001, 13:22:5212/7/01
I think we came to the conclusion that the Deluxe Reverb would
be great for what you want.

But you want an amp that looks something different....

The go with the Fender Princeton Reverb.

Why buy a lesser amp, then get a shitty
reverb pedal? or a reverb tank?

The Fender Deluxe Reverb is one of the Kings of Tone
in amps. Any decent recording artist has one, every
studio should have one, it is a staple like bread and water.

What are you thinking son? Why bother spending the money
on the blues junior if you are going to hack it?

Save the money, go find a silver face Deluxe Reverb.

Try as we may, just as in the laws of the the land,
we can't help people from their own ignoragnce.

If you don't believe me, call some studios in your hood,
as them if the Deluxe Reverb will do what you want.
Sure it looks funky, sure it doesn't have bells and whistles on it.

Hey -- It only has TONE son, it only has TONE.

Spike

0 mensajes nuevos