Re: Subs on the Great Lakes

azfree...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2020, 8:22:51 PM7/4/20
On Sunday, May 19, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Fritz Gearhart wrote:
> Early this morning, 1amish on 5/19 I was watching a show on the
> Discovery channel called Steel Sharks or something. It was about
> history and use of submarines. One of the topics covered was the use
> of sub launched ICBM's, Tridents I believe. The reason it caught my
> eye is because there was a retired admiral who mentioned that he could
> hit Russia from any of his subs, and he subsequently listed off a
> bunch of locations where nuclear subs are, and one of those was "the
> great lakes." I haven't heard of any nuclear subs in the great lakes,
> does anyone else know anything about this?
>
> Fritz

azfree...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2020, 8:23:14 PM7/4/20

azfree...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2020, 8:40:54 PM7/4/20
I found this thread because I was just pondering the same thought...why wouldn't we put part of out nuclear deterrent in the Great Lakes and other Deep water lakes like Lake Tahoe and Crater Lake? It makes perfect sense. Any sub based nuclear platform placed in these locations would be invisible and out of reach of enemy navies and air forces. So they would be very cost effective...they would require no self defensive weaponry like torpedoes or defensive missiles. They would be stealthy being able to remain at great depths and remaining out of sight almost 100% of the time...there little or no need to ever bring them to port ...they could be resupplied and remanned by ships disguised to be commercial in nature from multiple dispersed locations and done only at night. Or even resupplied covertly by supply subs completely underwater so that nobody ever was even aware they were there. This could even be done in lakes in Europe, like Lake Geneva, etc...

josh mendes

Jul 17, 2020, 5:40:57 AM7/17/20
Back in town with fire
Black , clear,bars,yayo, and blues on deck
No waiting , asap meetup
(410) 650-5476.