Several years later

Sylvia M

Jul 16, 2014, 4:16:36 PM7/16/14
Helloooo....
I just bought my first tablet. I'm a Late Bloomer.
They have come down to my pricing...$100 for a 7 inch.
I'm sure to have questions, so I found this newsgroup.
Anyone even watching?

TIA

Sylvia

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jul 16, 2014, 11:47:41 PM7/16/14
Sure. Which sort of tablet is it? Are you a professional artist, or
just a hobbyist?

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

Sylvia M

Jul 17, 2014, 1:39:38 AM7/17/14

"Cassandra J. Nichols" <cass...@gnospammail.com> wrote in message
Last things first, My art media is oil on canvas,
so that was not my purpose in buying the tablet.
I might play with illustrating my children's picture book, if my
tablet has the capabilities, but if I'm lucky enough to find a
publisher,
they will usually assign the artist. I do not plan to self-publish.

My cellphone has a 98 I.Q. It is not a Smart Phone (-;
I wanted some of the features, like taking photos, and downloading aps.
I'm on my computer too much of the time anyway to make much use of the
Android's Word program, email or internet, unless I happen to be on a
trip.
I don't know yet if it has a GPS, or if it would be better than mine,
possibly a bigger screen, and perhaps a pleasanter voice would be the
advantage.

Details:
APEX Solo tablet 7.85
16 GB internal Storage
Android (TM) 4.4 KitKat
Intel processor 1.2 GHz
2.0 MP and 5.0MP Camera
WiFi

I haven't even set it up yet.
I have a router and modem, the modem should give me the necessary wifi.
It will be easier to carry around than the hard-cover book that I happen
be reading, and claims to be able to be a reader (why not?), though I
don't
know if I'll be able to download from Kindel.

Nice to know that you're out there, Cassandra!

Sylvia

Sylvia M

Jul 31, 2014, 5:46:52 PM7/31/14

"Sylvia M" <ns...@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
I haven't posted back because I'm still trying to get online to download
aps.
Seems lile my router is too ancient (6 years old( to be heard by the
tablet,
or vice versa...recently figured this out. grr. Working on it.
Sylvia

Sylvia M

Sep 1, 2014, 1:01:21 AM9/1/14
8<-------snipped------>8

I finally got my tablet on line
Now comes the fun of downloading Aps...!
Are there any suggestions, both for art and others for fun?
I only know about Google Store, and I would guess there are
others?

Looking forward to downloading more,

in the meantime Google hasn't been downloading newsgroups,
and beside that my computer has been in the shop...
I'm back now, have gotten some aps, but no art/graphic ones,
so that question still stands.

Sylvia

Sylvia M

Sep 20, 2014, 9:05:38 PM9/20/14

All is working now. Some Art programs?

Sylvia

> Now comes the fun of downloading Aps...!
> Are there any suggestions, both for art and others for fun?
> I only know about Google Store, and I would guess there are
> others?
> Sylvia

Cassandra J. Nichols

Oct 18, 2014, 12:21:51 AM10/18/14
On 8/31/2014 10:01 PM, Sylvia M wrote:

> I finally got my tablet on line
> Now comes the fun of downloading Aps...!
> Are there any suggestions, both for art and others for fun?
> I only know about Google Store, and I would guess there are
> others?

There's several other app stores, including Amazon's, but for my
purposes the Play store is enough. A friend recommended SketchBookX,
but I've yet to try it.