Question: what does "4pp" mean??

noriko

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

Hi. Can anyone tell me what "4pp" mean in printing terms?? I am a student
just given a brief on stuff about printing jargons based on desktop
publishing design I believe this "4pp" has something to do with printing
specification?? ...please reply via email!

Thanx!

noriko

Robotman

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

or 4ppm?

noriko

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

Robotman <robo...@fox.net.au> wrote in article
<6j8sca$8t4$1...@conrad.telstra.net>...
> or 4ppm?

so what's 4ppm then?? I'm sure there's 4pp too! What does 'pp' stand for??

noriko

MrDa...@yahoo.com

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

In article <01bd7d90$ccff7be0$a933a6c3@ngan1>,

4ppm usually refers to 4 pages-per-minute (in regards to the speed of a
printer or press). Please let me know the context of "4pp" and I will do my
best with that one as well.

Dan

Jete Software Inc.

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

In article <3558ab04...@news.deltanet.com>,
Daric Priest <dpr...@deltanet.com> wrote:
>On 11 May 1998 21:35:19 GMT, "noriko" <vcd...@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>That's how many pages per minute a printer spits out.

I have also seen it displayed on the sides of toilets :-)

-- Norman

Jim Barker

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

In article <01bd7d90$ccff7be0$a933a6c3@ngan1>, "noriko"
<vcd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Robotman <robo...@fox.net.au> wrote in article
> <6j8sca$8t4$1...@conrad.telstra.net>...
> > or 4ppm?
>
> so what's 4ppm then?? I'm sure there's 4pp too! What does 'pp' stand for??
>
> noriko

It's an abreviation for "pages"....

Jim barker

SCG

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

noriko wrote:

> Robotman <robo...@fox.net.au> wrote in article
> <6j8sca$8t4$1...@conrad.telstra.net>...
> > or 4ppm?
>
> so what's 4ppm then?? I'm sure there's 4pp too! What does 'pp' stand for??
>
> noriko

4pp means 4 pages
--
Visit our websites at:
http://www.comnet.ca/~creek

Please remove the "x" in our email address when replying.

tpe...@efws.com

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

I never reply to a message like this via email, because it is an ignorant
thing to ask and no one other than yourself would benefit from the answer.

4ppm means four pages per minute, in other words slow.

Tom

In article <01bd7d24$b79a9da0$ad33a6c3@ngan1>,

"noriko" <vcd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. Can anyone tell me what "4pp" mean in printing terms?? I am a student
> just given a brief on stuff about printing jargons based on desktop
> publishing design I believe this "4pp" has something to do with printing
> specification?? ...please reply via email!
>

> Thanx!
>
> noriko

SCG

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

The question was "What is 4pp?" Not "What is 4ppm?"

Raymond Ritchie

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

> I never reply to a message like this via email, because it is an ignorant
> thing to ask and no one other than yourself would benefit from the answer.

Surely the way out or ignorance is to ask questions?

Raymond

David Snider

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

"noriko" <vcd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi. Can anyone tell me what "4pp" mean in printing terms?? I am a student
>just given a brief on stuff about printing jargons based on desktop
>publishing design I believe this "4pp" has something to do with printing
>specification?? ...please reply via email!

>Thanx!

>noriko

You may be thinking about printer's spreads, or signatures. Think of
a 16 page booklet, for example. Imagine unfolding the book until you
have the printer's press sheet (with 8 images on front and back).
This is a 16 page signature, written shorthand as 16 pp.

So 4 pp would be a four page signature, which has 2 images on front
and back of the press sheet.

David Snider

RaD Man [ACiD Founder]

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

On 12 May 1998 14:43:59 -0400, je...@dgs.dgsys.com (Jete Software Inc.) wrote:

> >In article <3558ab04...@news.deltanet.com>,
> >Daric Priest <dpr...@deltanet.com> wrote:

> >>That's how many pages per minute a printer spits out.
> >>

> >I have also seen it displayed on the sides of toilets :-)
> >
> >-- Norman

OH boy.

-- enq...@npvq.bet

RaD Man % ACiD Productions Founder % Artpacks Archive Founder

http://www.acid.org - Members pages, contact information, releases & more.
http://artpacks.acid.org - Over 1.2gigs of ANSI, ASCII, RIP and hirez art.

"On the other side of every fear there is a freedom." -- M. Ferguson

Dwayne

May 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/16/98

Daric Priest wrote:

> On 11 May 1998 21:35:19 GMT, "noriko" <vcd...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi. Can anyone tell me what "4pp" mean in printing terms?? I am a student
> >just given a brief on stuff about printing jargons based on desktop
> >publishing design I believe this "4pp" has something to do with printing
> >specification?? ...please reply via email!
>
> That's how many pages per minute a printer spits out.
>

> dp

How about this one? I have seen some printers advertised as x mpp! (minutes
per page!!) Little eye trickery there.

Dwayne

Bill Harris

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

Actually 4pp stands for "4 pages" it's term used when discussing the size
of a booklet, the speed of a printer is described as 4pm

Daric Priest <dpr...@deltanet.com> wrote in article
<35602acc...@news.deltanet.com>...

> Or dyslexia.
>
> dp

adi...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2019, 6:00:35 AM3/13/19
It stands for Printed Page. For example if it says 4pp, it would mean 4 printed pages. As others have mentioned, "ppm" would mean pages per minute if it was related to a printer.