Philadelphia court supervisor who tore down Black Lives Matter signs fired

瀏覽次數:4 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Leroy N. Soetoro

未讀,
2020年6月23日 晚上11:21:462020/6/23
收件者:
https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/philadelphia-court-supervisor-who-tore-down-
blm-signs-fired/

A Philadelphia Family Court supervisor caught on video tearing down Black
Lives Matter signs from a city park fence — and then saying black lives
don’t matter to him — was fired from his job this week, according to a new
report.

Michael Henkel, 61, worked as a writ-server supervisor for the First
Judicial District of Pennsylvania, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

A video widely shared on social media shows Henkel removing multiple signs
from a fence at Columbus Square in South Philadelphia.

A woman can be heard confronting him, saying, “That’s not your property.”

“I know, it’s the city, I pay for this … my taxes pay for this place, just
so you know,” he replied. “So I can do whatever I want.”

“And I’m always around here too,” he added.

The woman said she lives in the area too, adding, “Black lives matter!”

“Not to me they don’t,” Henkel shot back.

In a Monday statement, Family Court spokesperson Marty O’Rourke told the
Inquirer that Henkel “is no longer an employee.”

“His termination was based on multiple violations” of the state court
system’s Code of Conduct and its Non-Discrimination and Equal Employment
Policy, according to O’Rourke.

Henkel “had no involvement with cases” but did supervise employees,
O’Rourke said.

“The court takes the incident very seriously and believes Mr. Henkel’s
behavior as shown in the video is egregious and totally unacceptable for
an employee of the courts,” the judicial district said in a statement
issued to the paper.

Leslie Chapman, 42, who lives several blocks from the park, told the
Inquirer that the signs were placed on the metal fence Friday afternoon as
part of a kid-friendly march.

She contributed one cardboard sign that read, “Black Lives Matter,” along
with a drawing of a rainbow.

Henkel’s actions “ruined that beautiful memory” of the peaceful, racially
diverse march, she said.

“For that adult to take that away from children, it’s just really awful,”
she said. “The kids probably had a lot of fun making those signs.”

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."
0 則新訊息