WRITERS WITH HALF A BRAIN

4 views
Skip to first unread message

Joyce

unread,
Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96
to

I hate to sound like an english teacher, but could we please use correct
grammar and spelling when posting to this newsgroup? I don't mind when
someone throws in a bit of slang when appropriate, but when you begin
posts with things like 'yo wasup? dis iz so and so one reprezentin assfuck
usa' it leads me to believe that you have nothing intelligent to say
whatsoever.

MIKE 189

char. 1:'fuck skool imma dew graffiti.'
char. 2:'werd.'
- seen on an ISEE freight

Amanda T Spadaccini

unread,
Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96
to

Joyce (joyc...@ac.usfca.edu) wrote:

: I hate to sound like an english teacher, but could we please use correct

: MIKE 189

**for you i guess it is bad grammar / for some it is culture**
*ats*

Joyce

unread,
Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96
to

Amanda T Spadaccini (A...@austen.oit.umass.edu) wrote:
: Joyce (joyc...@ac.usfca.edu) wrote:

: : MIKE 189

granted, but I doubt that mthe kids in this newsgroup who use the slang
are from that culture. maybe they would like to be a part of that
culture, but i would respect their viewpoints more if they were actually
fropm that culture. I don't think AOL has anything to do with that
culture. OH, and Bonz Malone did it first, and did it best. AND he had
something to say as well.

MIKE 189
@+#& !$!

ircbomber

unread,
Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96
to

Amanda T Spadaccini wrote:
>
> Joyce (joyc...@ac.usfca.edu) wrote:
>
> : I hate to sound like an english teacher, but could we please use correct
> : grammar and spelling when posting to this newsgroup? I don't mind when
> : someone throws in a bit of slang when appropriate, but when you begin
> : posts with things like 'yo wasup? dis iz so and so one reprezentin assfuck
> : usa' it leads me to believe that you have nothing intelligent to say
> : whatsoever.
>
> : MIKE 189
>
> : char. 1:'fuck skool imma dew graffiti.'
> : char. 2:'werd.'
> : - seen on an ISEE freight
>
> **for you i guess it is bad grammar / for some it is culture**
> *ats*

hey man im from usa and i talk like i want ok? fuck you if you dont like
it i dont need to talk like a gay you now.and you dont now why in hip
hop we have a slang is part of graffiti and part of our culture not
others culture.
if you dont understand get the fuck out of graffiti go and do your
murals and be nice to the goberment.talk rigth is the first step to it
i talk how we talk in our culture because our culture is not from the
system is out system i dont need to talk more come to ny a we can show
you a part of real graffiti movement not from movies and fucking
murals,comercial books we dont need to make money we only are there for
bomb!we are real! fuck usa fuck europe fuck all im from the world not
from a fucking politic state ,im only into something and is hip hop
thats my culture..your culture? and dont care about it soo shut up!


real hip hop is underground! peace
rek2 wild style crew new york city chicago alicante
tuff crew
peace to tfp ,ua,tnt....

Zimmer Birch Hansen

unread,
Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96
to

<snip>

>> : usa' it leads me to believe that you have nothing intelligent to say
>> : whatsoever.
>>
>> : MIKE 189
>>
>> **for you i guess it is bad grammar / for some it is culture**
>> *ats*
>
>hey man im from usa and i talk like i want ok? fuck you if you dont like
>it i dont need to talk like a gay you now.and you dont now why in hip
>hop we have a slang is part of graffiti and part of our culture not
>others culture.
>if you dont understand get the fuck out of graffiti go and do your
>murals and be nice to the goberment.talk rigth is the first step to it
>i talk how we talk in our culture because our culture is not from the
>system is out system i dont need to talk more come to ny a we can show
>you a part of real graffiti movement not from movies and fucking
>murals,comercial books we dont need to make money we only are there for
>bomb!we are real! fuck usa fuck europe fuck all im from the world not
>from a fucking politic state ,im only into something and is hip hop
>thats my culture..your culture? and dont care about it soo shut up!
>
Yes you can talk any way you want. this is the us but among a number
of contradictions that you step yourself into which ill bring up if you
want but thats not my point. Your post was harder than shit to read.
It wandered, lacked clear content and purpose, and again, read like shit.
obviously you have something intelligent to say so you probably have
the capacity to think/speak clearly, but writing is differant than speaking,
and even if you speak like that, writing like that just doesnt work.
But go ahead and do what you want, but dont expect people to want to read
your posts if they dont make sense and are a headache to read. The
purpose (one of many i suppose) of this newsgroup is not to show how down
you are and how real you are, it is to share ideas and knowledge. For
the courtesy of everyone, i would urge you to adopt a clear and concise
writing style.

your personal best.
tracing your past.
breaking track records.
[birch..]


dan

unread,
Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96
to

ircbomber <ircb...@geocities.com> writes

>bomb!we are real! fuck usa fuck europe fuck all im from the world not
>from a fucking politic state ,im only into something and is hip hop
>thats my culture..your culture? and dont care about it soo shut up!

Over here in England, hip hop and graffiti are two seperate entities.

Drax talks about this in a recent interview, and attributes it to the
fact that there are very few black writers actually writing, as opposed
to the 50/50 balance in the 80's. Most writers in England today are
white, middle class youths with little or no interest in hip hop.

And if you are going to slate someone .. at least read through your
message before you post it.

--
Dan Kew .. d...@graffiti.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------
* Digital Jungle - Graffiti from London * http://www.graffiti.org/dj
*** 109 Trains ** 354 Walls *** Up to date news on the London scene
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Babi PR 3

unread,
Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96
to

I have a brain but i dont like to use it ... Laughing out Loud =P


LoV I.C.U.
Brooklyn,NY

::: ALL EMAIL Please be sent 2 Ba...@juno.com ::::::::::::

Joyce

unread,
Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96
to

In response to that guy that posted thae long ass shit about me being a
part of the system and kissing the ass of the goberment,'

* I am assuming you are not from the US for a few reasons: you mentioned
Alicante in Spain on your 'represent' list whihled me to believe that you
don't speak english very well yet. I am replying to your post under that
assumption; if english is your first language, and you are just supremely
stupid, then never mind.

* I don't know how many times I have heard the 'keepin it real' speech
before, this must literally be the 30th or 40th. Next time you want to
make a point about hip hop culture (which btw is another newsgroup
entirely, because not everyone in this newsgroup considers
themselves part of the hip hop culture) please say something original.
for those who don't believe me, take a look at some back issues of the
source or check out 'forbidden art 2.'

* you implied that because I wwould like people to wqrite clearly and
legibly that I must be some chump who only does legal walls and
commision pieces. I will ignore that because now you are
just making shit up.

* you also implied that i was a sucker who bought books and magazines.
well, sure i do! how the fuck do you think graffiti spread to europe in
the first place? art galleries hired writers to do canvases for tehm,.
books like subway art and movies like wild style all helped bring new york
style graffiti to the rest of the world. yet you imply that this is just
commercial shit. well pla if it wasn';t for this commwercial shit
Alicante wouldn't hgave any graffiti at all (once again i am working under
the assumption that you are a foreigner, living in new york.)(not that
there is anything wrong with being a foreigner.)

* as far as speaking in slang being the way to fight government impression
(which is what he is implying, it seems to me) excuse me i mean
oppression, well that is just bull shit. the governments number 1 eweapon
is ignorance. I don't know who it was, but some one once said 'what the
american public dorsn't know is what makes them the american public.'
instead of talking slang, why not go find out what the government is
actually doing, if you have so much of a problem with them (i do and that
is what i am currently doing). then maybe we can do something to stop it.
(maybe thats too optimistic).

well, sorry for this long ass shit but i just had to get it off my
chest., as far as al the typos go, i am telnetting from across the
atlantic atnd my server is lagging. to correct this spew would take twice
as long, so i am not going to bother.

any questions or comments feel free to email me.

MIKE 189

Babi PR 3

unread,
Oct 27, 1996, 2:00:00 AM10/27/96
to

>>>>Over here in England, hip hop and graffiti are two seperate entities.
>>>

Im from United States ,Graffiti is a element in the hip hop culture, BUT
it is also part of other cultures..I know kids that like ska , and ect and
that write


all email please be sent to Ba...@Juno.com

m...@my.com

unread,
Oct 27, 1996, 2:00:00 AM10/27/96
to

ircbomber <ircb...@geocities.com> wrote:

>hey man im from usa and i talk like i want ok? fuck you if you dont like
>it i dont need to talk like a gay you now.and you dont now why in hip
>hop we have a slang is part of graffiti and part of our culture not
>others culture.
>if you dont understand get the fuck out of graffiti go and do your
>murals and be nice to the goberment.talk rigth is the first step to it
>i talk how we talk in our culture because our culture is not from the
>system is out system i dont need to talk more come to ny a we can show
>you a part of real graffiti movement not from movies and fucking
>murals,comercial books we dont need to make money we only are there for

>bomb!we are real! fuck usa fuck europe fuck all im from the world not
>from a fucking politic state ,im only into something and is hip hop
>thats my culture..your culture? and dont care about it soo shut up!

>real hip hop is underground! peace
>rek2 wild style crew new york city chicago alicante
>tuff crew
>peace to tfp ,ua,tnt....

blah blah blah blah blah...
another illiterate posting. good example of my earlier post that
these graffiti painters wouldn't a text book if it dropped from the
sky and hit them on the head.

m...@my.com

unread,
Oct 27, 1996, 2:00:00 AM10/27/96
to

A...@austen.oit.umass.edu (Amanda T Spadaccini) wrote:

>Joyce (joyc...@ac.usfca.edu) wrote:

>: I hate to sound like an english teacher, but could we please use correct
>: grammar and spelling when posting to this newsgroup? I don't mind when
>: someone throws in a bit of slang when appropriate, but when you begin
>: posts with things like 'yo wasup? dis iz so and so one reprezentin assfuck

>: usa' it leads me to believe that you have nothing intelligent to say
>: whatsoever.

>: MIKE 189

>: char. 1:'fuck skool imma dew graffiti.'


>: char. 2:'werd.'
>: - seen on an ISEE freight

you seem to forget the audience reading these messages. if you do
graffiti then you obviously are very uneducated to begin with :-)

EAWone

unread,
Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96
to

learn about a subject before you speak about it you wack faggot

TACOBOY!

unread,
Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96
to

In article <54v96s$f...@news4.digex.net>, m...@my.com wrote:


>
> blah blah blah blah blah...
> another illiterate posting. good example of my earlier post that
> these graffiti painters wouldn't a text book if it dropped from the
> sky and hit them on the head.

i wouldnt a text book?
well you ignorant minded little bastard,i read at least 2 books a month!!
taco163

--
grojelfjfjdjwihn
tacoboy!!!

spif

unread,
Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96
to


yo if you got such a problem with graffiti stop reading the fucking
messages!

P.S. I'm educated I just don't care

BCVK
(Burning Crosses at the Vatican, Kids)

JNewman322

unread,
Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96
to

Yo kid, You've probally never wrote in yo life and never been to any
hood in
yo life....if spelling is ah thang for you then can't you
read.....Alt.graffit!!!
it's pathetic that peeps go around in life doing everythang in life
tha
same ovah and ovah again without any style at all.....that's why we
rite
this way......change,style,and indivualality..... logek 61 {NA5}

Joyce

unread,
Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96
to

once again, here is someone who insists on responding to my post with
baseless assumptions about who I am and where i have been (is it any
coincidence that he is on AOL?) It just serves to illustrate why I made
the original post. I think I understand what you are trying to say, but
half of your sentences don't make any sense. For example: when you say
'if spelling is ah thang for you then can't you read . . . .
.Alt.graffit!!!,' what do you mean? Are you implying that I don't know
how to read? or are you implying that I shouldn't read alt.graffiti?
you also seem to be saying that I am some sort of mindless zombie because
I can construct complete sentences (and I know how to spell 'individuality!')
using the rules set out by whoever . These rules were not made to opress,
or keep people in states of mindless subservience,. they were made so
that poeple could communicate in ways that everyone could understand. But
you go ahead and do whatever the hell you want to do.

MIKE 89

JNewman322 (jnewm...@aol.com) wrote:
: Yo kid, You've probally never wrote in yo life and never been to any

dan

unread,
Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96
to

In an article JNewman322 <jnewm...@aol.com> writes

> Yo kid, You've probally never wrote in yo life and never been to any
>hood in
> yo life....if spelling is ah thang for you then can't you
>read.....Alt.graffit!!!

<snip>

Is this person for real? .. Well he/she made me chuckle.

--
Dan Kew .. d...@graffiti.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------
* Digital Jungle - Graffiti from London * http://www.graffiti.org/dj

*** 109 Trains ** 380 Walls *** Up to date news on the London scene
--------------------------------------------------------------------

JNewman322

unread,
Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96
to

Yo kid.....What kind ah tag iz mike 89? If you try ta go down on sum1
who knows what's up fo real then at least try ta use a tight a##
tag,yo.


"Knowledge touching ya

brain thru tha eye."
In response ta tha othah guy....I'm hella real.

{LOGEK 61} Na5

mike davis

unread,
Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96
to

JNewman322 wrote:
>
> Yo kid.....What kind ah tag iz mike 89? If you try ta go down on sum1
> who knows what's up fo real then at least try ta use a tight a##
> tag,yo.

Yo kid.... If ya trie ta git on dis nooz groop, den ya gotz ta yooz sum
tight a## grammr. cuz us homeez cant hang wif yo slang. but i'm shure
that ya just keepin it real.

yo
mike d d;7

Joyce

unread,
Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96
to

yo kid, an iph ah use my reel tag on dis noozgroop, den da poepoes wood
nab my shiznit inna instant.

mike 89
(NOT MY REAL NAME)

mike davis (mbd...@artsci.wustl.edu) wrote:

jnewm...@aol.com

unread,
Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96
to

What hood ya'll claimin? I'm claiming swats ATLANTA!!!! {HOMEEZ?????}
WHAT EVER YA DO, DON"T EVER SAY S*IT ABOUT MY HOOD's SLANG.
{LOGEK 61} NA5
PEACE TA MY BOYZ "OUTKAST" AND
my GIRLS
"XSCAPE" OVER IN E.P

SERCH

unread,
Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96
to

zim...@zion.CS.ORST.EDU (Zimmer Birch Hansen) wrote:

><snip>


>>> : usa' it leads me to believe that you have nothing intelligent to say
>>> : whatsoever.
>>>
>>> : MIKE 189
>>>

>>> **for you i guess it is bad grammar / for some it is culture**
>>> *ats*
>>

>>hey man im from usa and i talk like i want ok? fuck you if you dont like
>>it i dont need to talk like a gay you now.and you dont now why in hip
>>hop we have a slang is part of graffiti and part of our culture not
>>others culture.
>>if you dont understand get the fuck out of graffiti go and do your
>>murals and be nice to the goberment.talk rigth is the first step to it
>>i talk how we talk in our culture because our culture is not from the
>>system is out system i dont need to talk more come to ny a we can show
>>you a part of real graffiti movement not from movies and fucking
>>murals,comercial books we dont need to make money we only are there for
>>bomb!we are real! fuck usa fuck europe fuck all im from the world not
>>from a fucking politic state ,im only into something and is hip hop
>>thats my culture..your culture? and dont care about it soo shut up!
>>

>Yes you can talk any way you want. this is the us but among a number
>of contradictions that you step yourself into which ill bring up if you
>want but thats not my point. Your post was harder than shit to read.
>It wandered, lacked clear content and purpose, and again, read like shit.
>obviously you have something intelligent to say so you probably have
>the capacity to think/speak clearly, but writing is differant than speaking,
>and even if you speak like that, writing like that just doesnt work.
>But go ahead and do what you want, but dont expect people to want to read
>your posts if they dont make sense and are a headache to read. The
>purpose (one of many i suppose) of this newsgroup is not to show how down
>you are and how real you are, it is to share ideas and knowledge. For
>the courtesy of everyone, i would urge you to adopt a clear and concise
>writing style.

>your personal best.
> tracing your past.
> breaking track records.
> [birch..]

To Kev138- True this mothafucka may not be able to spell but that
ain't no need to be dissin' da' NYC boy. Have you actually ever been
to NY? Well, if you did you probably went to Manhattan. Now I don't
know how you could ever complain about NY graffitti when first of all
we created the whole fuckin' underground of graffitt. Also about the
style, have you ever been to the Bronx you stupid mothafucka? Yo'
stupid ass is probably afraid to even step foot in Boogie down. In
addition I dare you to tell the FX crew they ain't got no style!!! If
you think you can beat them in a styles war than you really are one
stupid MOTHAFUCKA!!!!!!!

From the Mad Bomber-SERCH


dan

unread,
Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96
to

>What hood ya'll claimin? I'm claiming swats ATLANTA!!!! {HOMEEZ?????}
>WHAT EVER YA DO, DON"T EVER SAY S*IT ABOUT MY HOOD's SLANG.

Apart from it sounding daft.

--
Dan Kew .. d...@graffiti.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------
* Digital Jungle - Graffiti from London * http://www.graffiti.org/dj

*** 133 Trains ** 395 Walls *** Up to date news on the London scene
--------------------------------------------------------------------

xkry...@aol.com

unread,
Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96
to

If we did not have a brain would be on a computer???? For me typing slang
it just makes my typing faster.

Joyce

unread,
Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96
to


xkry...@aol.com wrote:
: If we did not have a brain would be on a computer????

Sure, I have encountered lots of halfwits on the net.

: For me typing slang


: it just makes my typing faster.

I noticed that you did not use any slang in this post. And would you
sacrifice legibility for the sake of convenience?

celt...@aol.com

unread,
Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96
to

: Now I don't know how you could ever complain about NY graffitti when

:first of all we created the whole fuckin' underground of graffitt.
: Also about the style, have you ever been to the Bronx you stupid
:mothafucka?
I have and I wasn't very impressed. It seems like for every 100 toys
there is 1 good writer. Basicly NY had so much crap that I got tired of
looking for good shit, there are a lot of good writers there and I did see
some good shit when I was up there.

: In addition I dare you to tell the FX crew they ain't got no style!!!
FX crew is neat.

CELToneder...
keepin' it fake.

--- "Eat your heart out on a plastic tray,
don't do what ya want and you fade away"---

kev...@aol.com

unread,
Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96
to

>>To Kev138- True this mothafucka may not be able to spell but that
>>ain't no need to be dissin' da' NYC boy. Have you actually ever been
>>to NY? Well, if you did you probably went to Manhattan. Now I don't

>>know how you could ever complain about NY graffitti when first of all
>>we created the whole fuckin' underground of graffitt. Also about the
>>style, have you ever been to the Bronx you stupid mothafucka? Yo'
>>stupid ass is probably afraid to even step foot in Boogie down. In
>>addition I dare you to tell the FX crew they ain't got no style!!! If
>>you think you can beat them in a styles war than you really are one
>>stupid MOTHAFUCKA!!!!!!!

.... oh my.
dont get so butthurt, ... i cant even remember what i wrote.
anyhow, no i've never been to newyork. and yes i know that graffiti
started there..
and no, i dont care... and no, ive never been to the bronx.... and yes,
im a stupid mothafucka, and no, im not afraid to step foot in boogie down
..
anyways, i can complain about whatever the fuck i want.. i have an
opinion, and im entitled to give it.. i think that the majority of the
pieces in newyork are boring as fuck, the same ass style over and over...
no doubt alot of the guys are real good at doing it, but i personally
just dont like it. who cares? i dont like macaroni and cheese either. big
deal. it is just the impression i get from newyork, you can say
whatever you want, and name as many writers and crews as you want, but
i'll still feel the way that i do... it's not supposed to be a diss, i
could really care less, my main man omar id is from newyork, im in a
fucking newyork crew, so whoopdeedoo.
bye.
kevo


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages