Re: Pro-impeachment Republican Herrera Beutler concedes in House race

If Nancy Pelosi dies tomorrow...

Aug 9, 2022, 11:30:02 PM8/9/22
In article <t0no3n$2idkd$2...@news.freedyn.de>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another turd down the drain.

Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.) has conceded defeat in the
primary race in Washington state’s 3rd Congressional District,
marking an end to her six terms as a congresswoman following her
vote to impeach former President Trump.

“Though my campaign came up short this time, I’m proud of all
we’ve accomplished together for the place where I was raised and
still call home,” she said in a statement.

“I’m proud that I always told the truth, stuck to my principles,
and did what I knew to be best for our country,” she added.

She faced primary challenges from Joe Kent, a former Green Beret
who has been endorsed by Trump and was her top opponent, and
Heidi St. John, a Christian podcaster and proponent of home
schooling. Recent data showed Kent leading her and poised to
advance to the November general election.

Per Washington primary rules, the two candidates who receive the
most votes on Tuesday will advance to the general election
regardless of party, otherwise known as a jungle primary.

This primary marked the first time the six-term lawmaker faced a
significant primary challenge. She was one of 10 House GOP
lawmakers who voted to impeach Trump for his role in the Jan. 6,
2021, riot in which a mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol,
temporarily halting Congress’s official count of Electoral
College votes affirming President Biden’s victory.

Herrera Beutler had been backed by Republican women’s group
Maggie’s List earlier this year. The Washington State Republican
Party condemned Herrera Beutler last year for her support of
Trump’s impeachment.

The nonpartisan Cook Political Report rates the seat as “solid
Republican.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3584805-pro-impeachment-
republican-herrera-beutler-concedes-in-house-race/