Baby bat here. What's up?

crue11

Feb 15, 2023, 1:56:20 AM2/15/23
Howdy all! I'm a 16 year old geek who just remembered learning about the Usenet in AP Comp Sci 2 years ago. I'm fascinated by the early internet, goth culture, metal and metal-adjacent music, all that stuff. I've got some questions for you folks who still hang here-

Do you still attend goth events? What are they like? How active is the scene these days, and is there anything accessible to people under 18? (Asking because I only find 21+ goth fetish events in my area lol)

When did you start using the Usenet? How did you find about it? What are your favorite memories from this group?
Thanks guys! Hope y'all have a fantastic day.

Christian Mumford

Feb 15, 2023, 8:50:07 PM2/15/23
i was in Usenet first 1995 alt. and rec. groups also no. groups in Norway. I am from Oslo.. well USA too... born 72 in IL... but anyway there was lots of cool CD trades going on also tape trading.. i was on email lists like BOC-L and Cloud-Zero from the late 90s till their demise. Still on DroneOn. Got many professional contacts in alt. etc groups like art jobs and published lots of writing that was on my EUnet site later on my mirror site on Tripod (Bloomingdales 1383 - Hawkwind's Electric Library / The Blasphemers of Sodom / Nik Turner's Magi Punks Website / Club Sandwich Reviews) I worked for music zine Aural Innovations, hosted FM radio shows from Blitz in Oslo that were up on that site, etc. in 1999 or so i moved out of Oslo to Asker near Oslo and joined alt.punk and alt.gothic... characters like NavyKurt, Mr. Duul, Nancy Dungeon, Peter Prog and Sasquatch and all those odd Goetia people (apocrypha) who attended Convergence during V and Battlestar Galactica on TV later went to CMG alt.magick.chaos etc like the tea partiers, HOMSI and LASHTAL etc...also the establishment of Facebook where i joined as The Elkhound in 2011 in the midst of Fjordman and WikiLeaks etc was a big thing. Then also SARS and Occupy movement, Obama administration etc got weary with all that. Jokes about Emo kids and Flying Bacon swine flu were common in alt.gothic too. regards... Christian

Christian Mumford

Feb 16, 2023, 4:33:07 PM2/16/23
On Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 7:56:20 AM UTC+1, crue11 wrote:
Mothers Against Chaos Magick: people online censor Chaos magick so do psychiatrists.. anything occult about blackmetal or occult underground music like Coil or fantasy literature like Moorcock is censored by doctors... Doctors are the new dictatorship mafia, i rather talk to priests, thats why i just wear black clothes and dyed my hair again recently... still a wanker and a goth.. lonely... lonely wanker like Jim Morrison who was so hated by Hell's Angels and McCarthy era comic book Book burnings... i wank alot no problems... glad i am not english or in USA.. I cum alot when i jerk off... almost every day in bed, never read porn... its just yoga.. I am a Grateful Dead and Hawkwind fan with lots of tattoos and black dyed hair...

John Carr

Nov 18, 2023, 8:05:31 PM11/18/23
On 2023-02-15, crue11 <0dk0d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy all! I'm a 16 year old geek who just remembered learning about the Usenet in AP Comp Sci 2 years ago. I'm fascinated by the early internet, goth culture, metal and metal-adjacent music, all that stuff. I've got some questions for you folks who still hang here-

Woo! A baby bat! And, as things go with alt.gothic nowadays, responding 6-8
months later seems to be the norm now...

> Do you still attend goth events? What are they like? How active is the scene these days, and is there anything accessible to people under 18? (Asking because I only find 21+ goth fetish events in my area lol)

Honestly, I've never seen any under-18 events in my area (SE Michigan).
But, I remember years ago I went to a regular goth night in Phoenix that
was all-ages. I met a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds there, which was really
odd since that "just wasn't done" by me.
The scene by me is still really active, with a crowd split between two
clubs. Oddly, the newer goths/babybats go to the original goth club that
opened 35 years ago, where the eldergoths all went to another club. The two
groups don't really mix that much, which is kinda sad.

> When did you start using the Usenet? How did you find about it? What are your favorite memories from this group?
> Thanks guys! Hope y'all have a fantastic day.

Hm. USENET? '95 or so for me. It was my way of meeting new goths since I'd
never run into anyone before that. I ended up making a bunch of friend
through here that turned into local friends that I met at the clubs...
almost all of them I still talk to all the time.

Christian Mumford

Dec 26, 2023, 8:41:33 PM12/26/23
Dear John, if you were an internet pedophile i'd just bust your chops as a jew in Judaism for being a preachy mentor to goth kids watching Bugs Bunny or South Park on TV. My father John Edward Mumford was a Libra and let kids make up their own minds, even though he was a southern baptist and US Navy vetran in Korean and Vietnam conflicts. Peace n love. Happy new year soon... Christian Eric Mumford (alt.punk veteran though x-no-archive:yes 1999-2006)

Christian E B Mumford

Dec 26, 2023, 8:52:31 PM12/26/23
PS: that added, i don't watch Star Wars or have TV. All i know is they cloned lots of Boba Fett guys, and every 16 year old baby bat is a Spotify/TIDAL punk Kid with headsets. I am busy with Hawkwind and Legendary Pink Dots & Gaza news about Blake's Jerusalem in UK or Oslo or New York etc... Reading up on comics or writing my scripts etc. If people eat junk food & are kids then too bad. Stay safe, heroes! Christian Eric Mumford

Yosemite Sam

Feb 1, 2024, 7:30:27 AMFeb 1
I'm interested in LPD. More masala enchilada monkey brains