The most embarrasing album you own

Don Frega

Apr 13, 1994, 5:18:06 PM4/13/94
In article <2ohb8k$o...@nkosi.well.com>, ben...@well.sf.ca.us (Joel
McLemore) wrote:

> Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed of?
> Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden in a
> cardboard box in your closet? Be honest.
> What am I ashamed of? My Springsteen collection, and the Van Halen
> records that I bought when I was 12.
>
> Joel

HAH! I've got you beat hands down. I defy anyone to come up with a more
embarrassing record than mine. It's . . . hold on to something . . . Bruce
Willis' "The Return of Bruno".

What a dog!! With covers like Down on the Boardwalk and Secret Agent Man,
what could be worse?

By the way, you should never, never exhibit shame at owning earlier Van
Halen.

Don

Phillip Henry Gochenour

Apr 14, 1994, 12:16:43 AM4/14/94

: HAH! I've got you beat hands down. I defy anyone to come up with a more

: embarrassing record than mine. It's . . . hold on to something . . . Bruce
: Willis' "The Return of Bruno".

I can only wonder what compels me to enter into such a contest of
degradation. Something about the depths of embarassment corresponding to
the height of pride, I suppose (sounds kinda Blakeian, don't it?) Okay,
here goes (I feel like I'm at an AA meeting), yes, I must confess, I own a
Paul Young and the Q-Tips album. God, what a relief that is. Another
consumer sucked in by a cute face, I s'pose. And then there's that lovely
cover of "Love will Tear us Apart" somewhat later . . . .

Phil

JOHN E. LANGSDORF

Apr 14, 1994, 1:44:08 AM4/14/94
In article <2ohb8k$o...@nkosi.well.com> ben...@well.sf.ca.us (Joel McLemore) writes:

>Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed of?
>Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden in a
>cardboard box in your closet? Be honest.

Hey! I love my Iron Maiden collection!! I have just about everything by them!

Anyway -- embarrassing:
vinyl: my Huey Lewis and the News Collection
Mr. Mister
Corey Hart
tapes: that blasted HL&tN tape
cds: Motley Crue: Theatre of Pain
David J: Songs from another season
Kix: Blow my Fuse
Marty Wilson-Piper: Art Attack
Billy Idol: Cyperpunk
Whitesnake: Come and Get it
Great White: Twice Shy
Def Leppard: Retroactive

Now you know my sordid past...I am shamed for all time, and banned from all
gothdom.....

AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEE--X

humbly yours,
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
J. Erich "...each little excerpt a feature of expertice..." -PWEI ****VIVAT
Langsdorf \ / LangsdorfJE96%CS36 * / \
=%> _______\_/0\_/_______ @cadetmail.usafa.af.mil * `= . ='
TAB '96 F-22 \_\v/_/ busy .sigs should be outlawed >;) * \ /
CS-36 (Stupid disclaimer: Don't think I speak for USAFA!) ***GRENDEL
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

JOHN E. LANGSDORF

Apr 14, 1994, 1:45:53 AM4/14/94

One of the albums I bought with those aforementioned vinyl albums was Van
Halen's 1984, and I must have been about 12 -- they sent me two, so one's
still wrapped in the plastic....worth something by now, I figure..

Blank Reg

Apr 14, 1994, 4:00:37 AM4/14/94
In article <frega-130...@frega.ils.nwu.edu>,

Don Frega <fr...@ils.nwu.edu> wrote:
>In article <2ohb8k$o...@nkosi.well.com>, ben...@well.sf.ca.us (Joel
>McLemore) wrote:
>> Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed of?
>embarrassing record than mine. It's . . . hold on to something . . . Bruce
>Willis' "The Return of Bruno".

How embarrassing. I have the same tape. I would have to say that my most
embarrassing album is either that or the double lp Village People record I
have.

--
_O_ <Blank Reg> re...@csulb.edu _O_
| "Twenty Minutes into the Future" |

kkmuck...@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu

Apr 14, 1994, 10:12:16 AM4/14/94
In article <2ohb8k$o...@nkosi.well.com>, ben...@well.sf.ca.us (Joel McLemore) writes:>

> Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed of?
> Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden in a
> cardboard box in your closet? Be honest.
> What am I ashamed of? My Springsteen collection, and the Van Halen
> records that I bought when I was 12.
>
> Joel

Would you believe I have a Belinda Carlisle tape? ARGH!!!!!!
Im going to go out and smash into a million milllion billion tiny pieces as we
speak. (My "friend" bought it for me a few years ago, trying to convert me to
materialism. it didnt work.)
Wraith

Per Olofsson

Apr 14, 1994, 10:46:42 AM4/14/94

Joel> Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed
Joel> of? Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden
Joel> in a cardboard box in your closet? Be honest. What am I
Joel> ashamed of? My Springsteen collection, and the Van Halen
Joel> records that I bought when I was 12.

I've got "Erasure Pop 20"...
--

Per Olofsson | -One day, lad, all this will be yours!
cl3p...@cling.gu.se | -What, the curtains?

Andrew B

Apr 14, 1994, 10:50:38 AM4/14/94
Beat this:

Elvis' Burning Love

tetrisguru

Apr 14, 1994, 10:54:53 AM4/14/94
In article <2ohb8k$o...@nkosi.well.com> ben...@well.sf.ca.us (Joel McLemore) writes:

>Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed of?
>Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden in a

>cardboard box in your closet? Be honest.
>What am I ashamed of? My Springsteen collection, and the Van Halen

>records that I bought when I was 12.

Hey, this is a nice game. I'll join in. I can't be ashamed of stuff i
bought years ago because that is like another life, so I won't mention
things like my Jackson Five album.
But two years ago I was so bored with my record collection I started taping
rave radio shows. Since then most of those tapes have been purified and
contain at the moment real music (let me rephrase that: they now contain
music). There are still some contaminated tapes left however, and I'm
not proud of that (understatement!!).

Anyway from now on I'll deny anything. So remember: I don't have and never
had any rave music on tape!
And I certainly don't have any cd from the KLF. And if I did it would have
been a gift.(See I can't bring myself to admitting I bought it myself
(because I didn't, I don't even have one. Believe me, please!)).

crank...

Apr 14, 1994, 1:52:42 PM4/14/94

"weird al" yankovich - "even worse"

the Fat Boys - "crushin'"

Tom Jones's Greatest Hits

'nuff said...

\|/ \|/
_..-'( )`-.._
./'. '||\\. .//||` .`\..
./'.|'.|||||\\|.. ..|//||||`.`|.`\.
./'..|'.||||||||\`````-. o o ,-'''''/||( )|||.`|..`\.
./'.||'.||||~||||||||||||.\_____ _____/.|||||||||||||||||.`||.`\.
/'|||'.||||( >||||||||||| /||||||||||||||||^||.`|||`\
'.|||'.|||||||||||||||||||||| christian ||||||||||||||||( )|.`|||.`
'.||| |||||||||||/' ``\||`| _, ,_ |'||/'' `\||||< ||||||.`
|/' \./' `\|/ \|| \, ,/ \V/ \|/' ~`\./`\|
V V V V \ / ` V V V
` ` ` ' V ' ' '

Elizabeth Lyons

Apr 14, 1994, 7:11:16 PM4/14/94
In article <2oig3b$s...@emoryu1.cc.emory.edu>,

> And then there's that lovely
>cover of "Love will Tear us Apart" somewhat later . . . .
>
>Phil
I shudder to think - _another_ bad JD cover? Brrr!
Zil

Glenn K!

Apr 14, 1994, 7:32:05 PM4/14/94
In article <2ohb8k$o...@nkosi.well.com>
ben...@well.sf.ca.us (Joel McLemore) writes:

>Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed of?
>Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden in a
>cardboard box in your closet? Be honest.

Uh, my Weird Al Yankovic collection? My copy of Cupid & Psych '85 by
Scritti Politti? Ozzy Ozbourne?
I think I have a few more, but I'm not sure I'd want to think that hard about
horrible music

Glenn K!

andy capp

Apr 14, 1994, 8:05:33 PM4/14/94
In article <Co97w...@newshub.ccs.yorku.ca>,
Andrew B <and...@mathstat.yorku.ca> wrote:

>Beat this:
>
>Elvis' Burning Love

How about, The Reader's Digest Box Set of Champagne Music Varieties,
featuring Lawrence Welk and Orchestra, and the Lawrence Welk Family.
As evening falls around us, we could use words like blind.
Tind...@netcom.com

Micromine

Apr 14, 1994, 11:16:42 PM4/14/94
: >> Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed of?

: >> Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden in a
: >> cardboard box in your closet? Be honest.

Hmm, lemme think.... I've got U2-War, but that's not so bad <g,d,r>.
Umm, Stutter Rap, takeoff of song "No sleep till Brooklyn" No sleep till
bedtime.

Um, I've got a Sigue Sigue Sputnik album or two.

I'm just a humble corporate slave, working myself into a corporate grave.
Please finger mm...@yarrow.wt.uwa.edu.au for further company information.
Micromine Pty. Ltd. Exploration and Mining Software
[PHONE] +61 9 389-8722 [FAX] +61 9 386-7462 [BBS] +61 9 389-8317
My views are my own as the company won't listen to me !

Martin Baier

Apr 15, 1994, 1:03:35 AM4/15/94

In a previous article, cl3p...@cling.gu.se (Per Olofsson) says:

>Joel> Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed
>Joel> of? Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden
>Joel> in a cardboard box in your closet? Be honest. What am I
>Joel> ashamed of? My Springsteen collection, and the Van Halen
>Joel> records that I bought when I was 12.
>
>I've got "Erasure Pop 20"...

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, I've got that one too, but it's more out of interest
of the continuance of Yaz....
Does that make it less heinous? :)
Also, I'll admit to being a Smiths, (not solo Morrissey) fan, (Hey, they
kept me alive through highschool, so I'm not ashamed) I've got everything
they've put out, including most bootlegs, although I don't really listen
to them anymore, (I guess I'm better now?!? HA!!!).
--
|MARTIN BAIER "The author of an atrocious undertaking ought to |
|am638@freenet. imagine that he has already accomplished it, ought |

John Benjamin

Apr 15, 1994, 2:01:43 AM4/15/94

Okay, try this one on for size....

Burgess Meredith sings songs of the gold rush

No, really, I swear!

-John

--
I mean to raise you from your graves...

G. Batterbee

Apr 15, 1994, 9:14:26 AM4/15/94
>HAH! I've got you beat hands down. I defy anyone to come up with a more
>embarrassing record than mine. It's . . . hold on to something . . . Bruce
>Willis' "The Return of Bruno".
>
>What a dog!! With covers like Down on the Boardwalk and Secret Agent Man,
>what could be worse?

Um, Walt Disney Classics , with classic tunes like "Whistle while you work",
"When you wish upon a star"
Peter, Paul and Mary "Greatest Hits", "Puff the Magic Dragon"

Gary.

The Grim Reaper

Apr 15, 1994, 12:38:42 PM4/15/94
Well, I don't own one myself, but since I'm a bit drunk,
I'll own up to _knowing_ someone who owns a mission album.
<violent sucking in of breath>
--
The Grim Reaper by day, Roy by Night | cs_...@king.ac.uk

Ivo Mischke

Apr 15, 1994, 12:56:38 PM4/15/94
In article <2ohb8k$o...@nkosi.well.com> ben...@well.sf.ca.us (Joel McLemore) writes:

>Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed of?

Brigitte Nielsen (Mrs Rambo) "Every Body Tells a Story"
It is so embarrising that I keep it at the front of my record box, just to
sort out who can see throu the joke of it. Was a gift, played once under
threat, does anyone believe me?

| \/ <> Ivo.M...@nvg.ki.se <<I speak for myself>>

Camden Raymond K

Apr 15, 1994, 2:08:49 PM4/15/94
I keep meaning to throw it away, but mindless sentimentality holds
me to it: Debbie Gibson (yes, kill me now, at one time I actualy
-enjoyed- that kind of music) I'm just happy I never got that
Tiffany album (grin)

Ray
morp...@ucs.usl.edu

Kenneth Ruiz

Apr 15, 1994, 2:20:09 PM4/15/94
Greetings...

Yeah but can any of you claim to have the shame of the Timelords

"rockin the tardi's" CD?!? It's the Dr.Who song put to pop
music that was rather popular (to my understanding) across
the atlantic, and they even played it alot in the eighties on
KROQ the 'alternative' station in los angeles.

Heilige Tod!
666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666
"Soulless Today, Soulless Tomorrow... \ | / |/ / /\ /\ _O_ The
We Struggle for the Joy \|/ | / < > \/ | Ace of
That Life is Haunted by...."DiJ | |/ >< /\ | Hearts
"Where's Genghis Khan when we need him?"BR| | / \ \/ Hail Bob!
666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

Ivan Carl Roseland

Apr 15, 1994, 2:58:31 PM4/15/94
Hmmmmm
I have a couple -o- Sputnik albums. But hey I like them (once
in a while). Hmmmm I had a CD of the thrill kill's last album even
the CD exchange wouldnt take. Gasoline and a lighter did that one in.
Hmm really embarrasing Nena 99 red ballons the whole album. I was
like 14 when I bought it.

\\\/
Q0
__
! rose...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
--
\\\/ The all purpose sig file!
0o Still need to think of somthing cool to put here

gjmc...@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu

Apr 15, 1994, 3:03:23 PM4/15/94
Umm, I'd have to say it's my metal collection, most of which I have gotten rid
of. It included Dokken, Ratt, Stryper, oh shit you get the picture. I've grown
though. It's now populated with Nick Cave, VU, Lou, T. Waits, etc.

gina

Apr 15, 1994, 4:09:40 PM4/15/94
In article <CoAy4...@sys.uea.ac.uk>
u923...@sys.uea.ac.uk (G. Batterbee) writes:

> Peter, Paul and Mary "Greatest Hits", "Puff the Magic Dragon"

Hey, don't slag off "Puff"!! This is a wonderful song!
I played it at a club, and people were singing along...
uber cool.

-Gina

Nancy Cerelli

Apr 15, 1994, 10:09:58 PM4/15/94
How about the "Jem and the Holograms" tapes that came with the dolls? I've
got several of those. Got them when i bought Jetta, the Misfit doll with
black hair with sparky threads in it!
--

~ ~ |.....
/ \ / \ /........ Delirium of the Endless

Aubrey Wright

Apr 15, 1994, 10:28:08 PM4/15/94
In article <2onhdm$c...@nermal.cs.uoguelph.ca>,

Nancy Cerelli <ncer...@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>How about the "Jem and the Holograms" tapes that came with the dolls? I've
>got several of those. Got them when i bought Jetta, the Misfit doll with
>black hair with sparky threads in it!

i too have the relics of childhood...an astro boy theme song record

but the most embarrasing album i have is a bootleg of patty smith
singing "you light up my life"

aubrey
* Internet/Usenet * "Reason is a flawed tool*
* atwr...@smith.smith.edu * at best, my brother." *
* atwr...@sophia.smith.edu * -Dream of the *
* alt.fan.endless * * E N D L E S S * *

Count Von Sexbat

Apr 16, 1994, 11:35:15 AM4/16/94
> Yeah but can any of you claim to have the shame of the Timelords
>
> "rockin the tardi's" CD?!? It's the Dr.Who song put to pop
> music that was rather popular (to my understanding) across
> the atlantic, and they even played it alot in the eighties on
> KROQ the 'alternative' station in los angeles.

Quite a lot of people have a soft spot for the KLF, particularly since they
gave up rock music to become artists!

/\../\
Sexbat
hell

Jason Fleischer

Apr 16, 1994, 1:46:06 PM4/16/94

Geez......
I think I have the worst collection, if we total my roommates in too.
Our list: Paula Abdul
Weird Al x 3albums
Fat Boys Crushin'
M C Hammer ..Don't hurt em
Lita Ford & Ozzy "If I close my eyes forever" single
Nena 99 Luft Balloons (luft means air in german not red)
The Jem Tapes found em after I heard them mentioned
gave em to my little sis and she threw em out!
Quiet Riot
Cocktail sndtrk.
Hit after Hit 80's collection of sappy "I cant get any" music
George Michael
George Harrison
Dirty Dancing sndtrk
Dick tracy sndtrk.
Actually these are the worst of what we have, but we are both packrats,
if I bothered to name the ones we never listen to it would be endless.
To whoever posted about the Village People album: email me and we will make
a deal...my MOm wants it from you!
To the poster of the Timelords: ditto ^^ I want it, its a DR Demento classic!
thanks for listening to this drivel!

Terry Mccombs

Apr 16, 1994, 3:16:00 PM4/16/94
A few......

Funkadelic Uncle Jam Wants You.

Donna Summer Bad Girls.

Blackened Images Mortuary.

...And I use to have this album by of all people John Wayne! Don't
remember to much about it....ones brain trys to block out painful things
like that.

Anthony D'atri

Apr 16, 1994, 6:20:28 PM4/16/94
>Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden in a

So, you only listen to disco with fake drums, eh?

cnawal...@hamp.hampshire.edu

Apr 16, 1994, 8:43:30 PM4/16/94
In Article <766510...@batt.demon.co.uk>

Ther is NOTHING, absolutely *nothing*, wrong with the KLF. They are a superb
band. I know of no other group that could collaborate with both Tammy
Wynette and Extreme Noise Terror... PLUS they pulled it off!! They;re
incredibly diverse - i mean, "3AM Eternal" has a pop version, a grindcore
version, and an ambient version. I must say, the KLF rule.

Courtney Love-Cobain

Apr 16, 1994, 1:03:49 PM4/16/94
My most embarassing CD is probably Gutterboy's self-titled album. I have
no idea how it ended up in my collection, however; I apparently came home
from the record store with someone else's bag (containing this CD and a
CD from a band called Dead Conspiracy), and when I went back to the store,
they didn't want to deal with it. They said, "Just keep it." So then I
asked if they'd buy it, and they offered 29c. So I decided to take it home
and listen to it, and I believe they're the worst band I ever heard.

The most embarassing CD I ever _bought_ was Wratchild America, but that's
because I was recording an industrial version of one of their cheezy
speedmetal songs, so I have an excuse.

However, I do own Baltimora's album on vinyl, and I have no excuse there.

--
___________ ______________________________________________________________
/ payn@ \ "Let an artist show you how to bring a curse down on Satan" \

David Storm Carson

Apr 17, 1994, 1:09:37 AM4/17/94
In article <2ol0uq$e...@styx.uwa.edu.au> mm...@yarrow.wt.uwa.edu.au (Micromine) writes:

>Hmm, lemme think.... I've got U2-War, but that's not so bad <g,d,r>.
>Umm, Stutter Rap, takeoff of song "No sleep till Brooklyn" No sleep till
>bedtime.
>
>Um, I've got a Sigue Sigue Sputnik album or two.

As a fellow Australian, I'm sure you will understand my shame at owning
the 7" of "Drover's Dog" by Redgum. :-)

For the foreigners, I also own the 7" of "Star Trekkin'" by The Firm.
(oh, the shame, the shame!)

Luckily, I don't have any actual _albums_ that are too embarrassing.

O---------O----------------------------O------------------------------O
| n | g | Live dull, and think "Why | David Carson |
| e -+- o | bother?", and leave a note | Student of philosophy! |
| t | t | saying goodbye.. | ...and computing :-( |
| . | h | The High Cost Of Living | Macquarie Uni, Sydney, Aust. |
O---------O----------------------------O------------------------------O

mack...@gold.tc.umn.edu

Apr 17, 1994, 10:22:44 AM4/17/94

>In article <2ohb8k$o...@nkosi.well.com> ben...@well.sf.ca.us (Joel McLemore) writes:

>>Okay, what is the one record you own that you are most ashamed of?

>>Is it Bruce Springsteen? Is an Iron Maiden cassette hidden in a

>>cardboard box in your closet? Be honest.

>Hey! I love my Iron Maiden collection!! I have just about everything by them!

>Anyway -- embarrassing:
>cds: Motley Crue: Theatre of Pain
> David J: Songs from another season
> Billy Idol: Cyperpunk

>Now you know my sordid past...I am shamed for all time, and banned from all
>gothdom.....

What's wrong with David J? Billy Idol: Cyberpunk, however is completely
unacceptable.

True confession: I once had a nearly complete set of Beatles albums. And I
had a copy of OMD's Greatest Hits. I feel so much better having said that.

G T Clark

Apr 17, 1994, 12:48:06 PM4/17/94
There's absolutely no way that I'm going to tell people about
the things I've quietly disposed of, but there is something I really
really want . . .
There is apparently an album by the James Last Orchestra which
has a version of "Pretty Vacant."
While we're on the subject of abominable records, I've got a
single called "No Lager," which is a parody of a well-known sub-techno
ditty, which is a bastard abortion of a record that should never have
ben allowed to see the light of day. Don't ever turn down a chance to
hear it.

G.

Roger Lewis

Apr 17, 1994, 4:38:14 PM4/17/94
Hmm, so MANY embarrassing albums to choose from. For the alt.gothic crowd
I'd have to say my most embarrassing album is The Runaways - Queens of Noise
album. Not a reprint, but an actual 1977 album that I've listened to for the
last 17 years. It is also one of my *favorite* albums though.

--
rle...@isi.edu Power to the People!

They can have my opinions on the day they pry this keyboard from my
cold stiff fingers.

Micromine

Apr 17, 1994, 9:59:01 PM4/17/94
: Yeah but can any of you claim to have the shame of the Timelords

: "rockin the tardi's" CD?!? It's the Dr.Who song put to pop
: music that was rather popular (to my understanding) across
: the atlantic, and they even played it alot in the eighties on
: KROQ the 'alternative' station in los angeles.

Hey ! I loved that song ! <grin>

Later.

Micromine

Apr 17, 1994, 10:00:00 PM4/17/94
Ivan Carl Roseland (rose...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu) wrote:
: Hmmmmm

: I have a couple -o- Sputnik albums. But hey I like them (once
: in a while). Hmmmm I had a CD of the thrill kill's last album even

Yeah, Go Sputnik !!! This sig bought to you by Loreal.

Micromine

Apr 17, 1994, 10:04:06 PM4/17/94
David "Storm" Carson (s302...@titanic.mqcs.mq.oz.au) wrote:

: In article <2ol0uq$e...@styx.uwa.edu.au> mm...@yarrow.wt.uwa.edu.au (Micromine) writes:
: >
: >Hmm, lemme think.... I've got U2-War, but that's not so bad <g,d,r>.
: >Umm, Stutter Rap, takeoff of song "No sleep till Brooklyn" No sleep till
: >bedtime.
: >
: >Um, I've got a Sigue Sigue Sputnik album or two.

: As a fellow Australian, I'm sure you will understand my shame at owning
: the 7" of "Drover's Dog" by Redgum. :-)

Oh the shame ! How about "I was only 19" be Redgum ? Quite liked that
one actually, fairly moody.

: For the foreigners, I also own the 7" of "Star Trekkin'" by The Firm.

: (oh, the shame, the shame!)

Hey Star Trekkin was OK :)

I may go through my entire album collection and post it in case anyone
wants to have a laugh/buy any.

Later fellow aussie.

William Bexton

Apr 18, 1994, 12:02:31 AM4/18/94
hmm...i think i have an old whitney houston album sittin
around somewhere....(did i really just admit to that?)

yuck...i'm gonna go clean myself now

wesley

William Bexton

Apr 18, 1994, 12:11:28 AM4/18/94
kkmuck...@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu writes:

> Would you believe I have a Belinda Carlisle tape? ARGH!!!!!!

wait...i have one of those sittin around, too...just found The
Little Mermaid soundtrack, too....heh....

wesley

William Bexton

Apr 18, 1994, 12:15:47 AM4/18/94
pee...@stpc.wi.leidenuniv.nl writes:

> two years ago I was so bored with my record collection I started taping

> rave radio shows. Since then most of those tapes have been purified...

ok...last confession...i think i have...four?...no, five...similarly
yucky tapes....i am working on purifying them, however...

wesley

William Bexton

Apr 18, 1994, 12:23:50 AM4/18/94
be...@lamar.ColoState.EDU writes:
> I think I have the worst collection, if we total my roommates in too.

oh yeah?
check dis' one, homey!

if we count MY roommates:

everything by Kris Kross
everything by MC Hammer
" " " "" Ice Cube
run dmc
ll cool j
snoop doggy dog
sir mix a lot
too short
young mc

i could go on....

looking forward to moving out in a very long month...

nibbles,
wesley

Petro

Apr 18, 1994, 1:25:57 AM4/18/94
one day Andrew B from and...@bayes.math.yorku.ca babbled:
: Beat this:

: Elvis' Burning Love
With a large peice of pipe 'til it doesn't even resemble peices of
a record.

pe...@mcs.com no caffine.
pe...@artn.iit.edu no sleep.
No time to Cry. (this is a temporary .Sig

Petro

Apr 18, 1994, 1:30:54 AM4/18/94
one day Kenneth Ruiz from uace...@mcl.ucsb.edu babbled:
: Greetings...

: Yeah but can any of you claim to have the shame of the Timelords

: "rockin the tardi's" CD?!? It's the Dr.Who song put to pop
: music that was rather popular (to my understanding) across
: the atlantic, and they even played it alot in the eighties on
: KROQ the 'alternative' station in los angeles.

:
I bought the 12" in about 87 or 88, and it became popular in my
home town for about 10 minutes in 91.
I still like the song, and I find no shame in it.

For shame, how about:
J. giles band (spelling?)
Guns and Roses Lies.. CD

I WILL NOT apoligize for my Don Mclean albums.

Thomas Jelonek

Apr 18, 1994, 1:49:05 AM4/18/94

In article <2os6nm$i...@darkstar.isi.edu>, rle...@darkstar.isi.edu (Roger Lewis) writes:
|> Hmm, so MANY embarrassing albums to choose from. For the alt.gothic crowd
|> I'd have to say my most embarrassing album is The Runaways - Queens of Noise
|> album. Not a reprint, but an actual 1977 album that I've listened to for the
|> last 17 years. It is also one of my *favorite* albums though.

How can anyone be embarrassed by The Runaways?. Joan Jett is too hot. Mentioning the Runaways reminds
me of one summer when all I listened to was Blondie, Siouxsie and the Banshees, X-Ray Specs, Runaways,
X, Penetration, The Adverts, ... well I think you get the idea.

Having no shame in general I am not embarressed by anything I own. I guess the closest thing I own to
being embarressing is Randy Newman's `Short People'.

Thomas

st...@rosie.uh.edu

Apr 18, 1994, 5:23:58 AM4/18/94
>>I've got "Erasure Pop 20"...
>Also, I'll admit to being a Smiths, (not solo Morrissey) fan, (Hey, they
This seems to be a recurring alt.thingy theme and well i wouldn't normally
post to this thread, but my friend insists i confess to the world that
the very very first album i ever bought was...

was..

was.. okay okay it was Weird Al Yankovic in 3D!!!!

there i've done it.

*sigh*
Bloo Square

cnawal...@hamp.hampshire.edu

Apr 18, 1994, 10:59:24 AM4/18/94
In Article <5095.11...@the-matrix.com>

terry....@the-matrix.com (Terry Mccombs) writes:
>A few......
>
>Funkadelic Uncle Jam Wants You.

EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
You are EMBARRASSED by this?
My friend, you have a pretty bad idea of what is embarrassing... anything you
own by Funkadelic should hold a place of reverence in your collection.

Laura Bright

Apr 18, 1994, 12:49:49 PM4/18/94
Don Frega (fr...@ils.nwu.edu) wrote:

: HAH! I've got you beat hands down. I defy anyone to come up with a more
: embarrassing record than mine. It's . . . hold on to something . . . Bruce
: Willis' "The Return of Bruno".

O.K. Try this.

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

'Nuff said

Laura Jane

I am Life, I am Love, I am Oblivion

Apr 18, 1994, 6:43:24 PM4/18/94
In article <2omlsp$t...@ucsbuxb.ucsb.edu>, uace...@mcl.ucsb.edu (Kenneth Ruiz) writes:
>Greetings...
>
> Yeah but can any of you claim to have the shame of the Timelords
> "rockin the tardi's" CD?!? It's the Dr.Who song put to pop
> music that was rather popular (to my understanding) across
> the atlantic, and they even played it alot in the eighties on
> KROQ the 'alternative' station in los angeles.

Wasn't that by The Jams?
--Xian

E J Barker

Apr 19, 1994, 6:16:57 AM4/19/94