Re: Wait People still use this?

John Carr

Oct 26, 2021, 9:48:46 PM10/26/21
On 2021-10-24, theevilchemist <theevil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whoa, LOL. I like this better than facebook.
> I started a project where I am recreating old Nocturna playlists, so I was looking for the alt.gothic archieves, and lo and behold! Had no idea it was still active.

I think it depends on your definition of "active." :)

It's not dead, but barely breathing.

And, I like this _way_ better than faceook too.

Welcome back. :)

Vladpire

Nov 2, 2021, 8:47:40 PM11/2/21
Il 27/10/21 03:48, John Carr ha scritto:
> On 2021-10-24, theevilchemist <theevil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Whoa, LOL. I like this better than facebook.
>> I started a project where I am recreating old Nocturna playlists, so I was looking for the alt.gothic archieves, and lo and behold! Had no idea it was still active.
>
> I think it depends on your definition of "active." :)
>
> It's not dead, but barely breathing.

Like a vampire!
Do they breathe at all, by the way?

> And, I like this _way_ better than faceook too.

Me 2!

> Welcome back. :)

How was your Halloweeen?

OpenPGP_signature

John Carr

Nov 2, 2021, 9:12:58 PM11/2/21
On 2021-11-03, Vladpire <trap...@route-add.net> wrote:
>> I think it depends on your definition of "active." :)
>> It's not dead, but barely breathing.
> Like a vampire!
> Do they breathe at all, by the way?

Ok - so, this is where I lose about 92873578234 goth points, but I don't
know what the lore is around them breathing. Logically, I'd like to say
they... don't?

>> Welcome back. :)
> How was your Halloweeen?

It was good! We got dressed up and put out a table of things for kids
(gotta be COVID safe and all). We hung out on the front porch and waited
for kids while listening to an excellent Halloween goth mix. We ended up
with about 70 kids coming by, total, which was pretty amazing considering
the circumstances! We ended up watching Hocus Pocus after, and... well....
I had to work the next day. Lame.

Graciella Jake

Mar 16, 2022, 10:28:02 PM3/16/22
hi

Jaterious Jackson

Mar 17, 2022, 12:30:07 PM3/17/22
wsp

belalaghostly

May 29, 2022, 7:43:36 AM5/29/22
I'm back after 15 years. Miss the old days of AG

belalaghostly

May 29, 2022, 7:58:18 AM5/29/22
I'm back on AG after 15 years. We'll see how it goes.

belalaghostly

May 29, 2022, 7:59:54 AM5/29/22
and why is my browser double posting????

Praetor Mandrake

May 29, 2022, 3:29:20 PM5/29/22
USENET isn't as popular as it used to be. Many people went to myzpace and facebook

Rina Mizelia

May 29, 2022, 4:28:24 PM5/29/22
I have never been on USENET before, I was too young in the 90s when it was popular. Reading through this group atm and it's really cool to have such a great peak into internet history. Makes me nostalgic for something I never participated in…