Gothic / Ebm / Industrial / Celtic / Electro / etc. christmas songs

smeevil

Nov 27, 2003, 1:33:55 PM11/27/03
Hello all,

I am trying to make find some christmas themed songs in this genre.
This is really difficult to find. I ordered the Excelsior cd and it will
be in last week.

A small list i put together :
Halo-Beyond Eternal Eons remix by collide
Lord of the Dance by Unto Ashes
We Three Kings of Orient by Gypsy Soul by Celtic Folk Artists
O Come, O Come Emmanuel by Doulos
We three kings (Dark Christmas) by Abney Park
here comes santa claus by ashengrace
A Chantar Mer by Angels of Venice/Carol Tatum
Searching for Answers by Revolver1010
Gaudete by Barry and Beth Hall
the light between us by Falling You
Queen of Heaven by The Razor Skyline
Spankin' by The Screaming Santas
I Cloned Myself For Christmas by NEUROTRON 606
White Christmas by Temptress
Wenceslas (Dark Christmas) by Abney Park
Silent Night (Dark Christmas) by Abney Park
Northern Lights by ashengrace
Dance of the Sugar Plumb Faries (Dark... by Abney Park
The Wexford Carol by Guy Allen
liven by pulsar bleu
Fog on the Barrow-Downs by Elwing
Greensleeves - Dulcimer Version by Scott Williams
Untouched by Scearintol
A Cynical Christmas by The Cynic Project
Child King (new mix) by Abney Park
Ukranian Bell Carol (Flute Choir) by FLUTE.NET - Music for Flutes
Medieval Skeleton by Ethereal Darkness film music productions
Silent 2 (excerpt) by Dark ambient Christmas
Komfort und Joy by Marc Alex Ryan
Wise Man (Grumpy and Lumpy) by Strange Sandwich
god Rest Ye Heavy Metal Gentlemen by Sympathetic

Please if you know any more songs post them here !!

Thank you :)
Smeevil.

Rachael

Nov 27, 2003, 4:22:15 PM11/27/03
smeevil scripsit:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to make find some christmas themed songs in this genre.
> This is really difficult to find. I ordered the Excelsior cd and it

> will be in last week. <snip list>

> Please if you know any more songs post them here !!

Autopsia's "Secret Christmas History" MCD at least claims such theme.

Rachael
listening to Monumentum - In absentia Christi

--
"Suavia musae... me delectant, me deiciunt, me consolantur."
Spare time. Spare time. Spare time. Spare time. Spare time.

Jennie

Nov 28, 2003, 7:58:34 AM11/28/03
In article <pan.2003.11.27....@meladicta.com>, smeevil wrote:
> I am trying to make find some christmas themed songs in this genre.

'Christmas with the Devil' by Spinal Tap? :)

Jennie

--
Jennie Kermode jen...@innocent.com
http://www.triffid.demon.co.uk/jennie

Peter H. Coffin

Nov 28, 2003, 1:40:49 PM11/28/03
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:33:55 +0100, smeevil wrote:

> Please if you know any more songs post them here !!

Red Water (Christmas Mourning) -- Type O Negative

--
A way of life that is odd or even erratic but interferes with no rights or
interests of others is not to be condemned because it is different.

Scary Lady Sarah

Nov 29, 2003, 4:00:18 PM11/29/03
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:33:55 +0100, smeevil wrote:

> Please if you know any more songs post them here !!

I am planning on spinning a ton of "holiday" themed dark music at the
Nocturna Nightmare B4 Xmas Ball in Chicago at Metro on Tuesday, 16
December (plug, plug!) probably including all of these:

London After Midnight- The Christmas Song
Siouxsie and the Banshees- Ornaments of Gold
Kate Bush- December Will Be Magic Again
Cocteau Twins- Frosty the Snowman (and) Winter Wonderland
The Cranes- Happy Christmas (War Is Over)
Heavenside- A Christmas Song
This Ascension- Mysterium
Silke Bischoff- Little Angel
Siddal- In the Bleak Midwinter
Beat Happening- Christmas
Hugo Largo- Eskimo Song
Frolic- In Winter
Faith & the Muse- A Winter Wassail
The Cranes- Wintersong
Bel Canto- White Out Conditions
Type O Negative- Red Water (Christmas Mourning)
Lycia- Snowdrop
Arcanta- Carol of the Bells
Rhea's Obsession- Huron Indian Carol
Love Spirals Downwards- Welcome Christmas
Bleeding Like Mine- Garland
The Waitresses- Christmas Wrapping

...and of course:
Jingle Cats- Silent Night

...and more. I'll post my playlist here the day afterwards. :)

Yours Truly,
~SLS~
http://www.AmericanGothicProd.com

Joseph Brenner

Nov 29, 2003, 7:02:18 PM11/29/03

smeevil <sme...@meladicta.com> writes:

> I am trying to make find some christmas themed songs in this genre.
> This is really difficult to find. I ordered the Excelsior cd and it will
> be in last week.

Phil Ochs - "The Crucifixtion". No wait, that would be for
Easter. Eh, birth, death, what's the difference.

Thrill Kill Kult - "Days of Swine and Roses"
("Christian Zombie Vampires... I am the father! The father
of nothing!") Also good for Halloween.

I would think some medieval chant music would work...
Miranda Sex Garden? Perhaps "Carnival of Souls"
(also appropriate for Halloween).

The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack? (Also
appropriate for... maybe there's a pattern here.)

The F.M. Enheit/Casper Brotzman release "Merry Christmas"?
As I remember it, this is noisey and non-lyrical so it
should go with everything.

There's the ever popular "The Junky's Christmas" by
William S. Burroughs on the "Island Radio Holiday Sampler"

Lori Carson - has a song "Christmas" on the album "Where it goes"
(I think this is the woman who did some very cool stuff with
the Golden Paliminos.)

Rene Lussier - "Christmas Message" on the "Rer Records
Quarterly" compilation

Tom Waits - "Christmas Card From a Hooker" on "Used Songs: 1973-1980"

Gravitar - "Now the Road of Knives" on "Christmas Only Comes Once"

Julian Cope - "Christmas Mourning" on "Floored Genius"

Martin Atkins has "An Industrial Christmas Carol" album with
tracks like "I'm Dreaming of a White Noise Christmas"

Laibach "Jesus Christ Superstar" album (includes a cover of
Prince's "The Cross").

Christian Death - "Sex And Drugs And Jesus Christ"

Stiff Little Fingers - "White Christmas" on the "Punk Rock
Xmas" comp from Rhino.

Sinead O'connor single "Silent Night"

Tori Amos - "Little Drummer Boy" on the "So this Is
Christmas" compilation (Also with a "Silent Night" by Bad Religion!).

Lycia - "O Little Town of Bethlehem" on the "Excelsis
Vol. 2" compilation

Lustmord - "Silent Night" on the "A Mutated Christmas"
compilation (also has a band named "Lovecraft Technologies"
doing a "Frosty the Snoman", hm...).

There's an Autopsia CD called "Secret Christmas History" and
another called "White Christmas" (with a "Stille Nacht"
track on it).

There's a band named "Fearing Christmas": http://www.fearingchristmas.de/

Within Temptation - has lyrics to "Gothic Christmas" up
over here:
http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/w/withintemptation7690/gothicchristmas274931.html
(This looks astoundingly bad.)

There's "Gothic Christmas Radio" over at:
http://www.live365.com/stations/173720
This Station Plays Tracks Like:
Cocteau Twins - Winter Wonderland - Snow EP
Eurythmics - Winter Wonderland - A Very Special Christmas
John Denver and the Muppets - Twelve Days of Christmas - A Christmas Together
Danny Elfman - What's This? - Nightmare Before Christmas
Various Artists - The Pretenders-Have yourself A Merry Little Christmas - A Very Special Christmas

Oh, and let us not forget:

Gerogerigegege - "White Christmas White Sperm" off of "Singles 1985-1993"

Currently Listening to a shuffle of:

Sola Translatio; Evan Parker & Sainkho Namtchylak;
David S. Ware; The Middle Pillar comp "What is Eternal?";
and John Cage - Empty Voices

IHCOYC XPICTOC

Nov 29, 2003, 8:25:17 PM11/29/03
In addition to the ones already suggested:

Patti Smith has a lovely dark reading of "We Three Kings"
This Ascension: "Gloria in Excelsis"
Sequentia: "Leikr elds ok isa"
Just about anything from the Mediaeval Baebes' "Salva Nos" record

If we broaden the scope to "Holiday themed music I can stand," I'd add:

Hilliard Ensemble: "Beata Viscera"
Ensemble Unicorn: "Mariam, matrem virginem, attolite"

--
"Because we are too menny."
--- Thos. Hardy, *Jude the Obscure*

Jodi

Nov 30, 2003, 2:31:02 PM11/30/03
A lazy suggestion: Loreena Mckennit has an entire album of lovely
ethereal medieval-esque Christmas material called To Drive The Cold
Winter Away. It's very good.

Jodi

I am angry I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin
My irritability keeps me alive and kicking
- Magazine, "A Song from Under the Floorboards"

smeevil

Dec 3, 2003, 5:43:40 PM12/3/03
Thanks !! thats a really big list !!

By the 10th of december i will post all the songs i have collected sofar.
Thanks again for the responce all of you !

Greets,
smeevil.