the excitement must have all died down

Praetor Mandrake

May 13, 2022, 4:57:19 PM5/13/22
I only stepped out for twenty-five years.

Graciella Jake

May 15, 2022, 9:53:26 PM5/15/22
On Friday, May 13, 2022 at 2:57:19 PM UTC-6, Praetor Mandrake wrote:
> I only stepped out for twenty-five years.
hi

Joseph Brenner

May 23, 2022, 7:15:30 PM5/23/22
Praetor Mandrake wrote:

> I only stepped out for twenty-five years.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.

(This is not a political joke. Except that they all are.)

John Carr

Jun 20, 2022, 5:16:25 PM6/20/22
On 2022-05-13, Praetor Mandrake <eighty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I only stepped out for twenty-five years.

Everyone fell asleep waiting for you to return...

Praetor Mandrake

Jun 21, 2022, 6:16:15 PM6/21/22
Actually before I left it sounded like they were all going to facebook.com.
I think I screwed up my membership somewhere along the way, but you
should be able to find them there. You can read the messages about it
from around 2018 or so.

John Carr

Oct 28, 2022, 10:53:27 PM10/28/22
On 2022-06-21, Praetor Mandrake <eighty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually before I left it sounded like they were all going to facebook.com.
> I think I screwed up my membership somewhere along the way, but you
> should be able to find them there. You can read the messages about it
> from around 2018 or so.

Very true - they did. Although, really, alt.gothic on fb isn't super active
these days ether. Facebook doesn't really do conversations well. Every once
in a while an a.g. person will show up on Reddit, which is fun to see.

The disappointing part is that everything went to hell when the a.g.s.f.
stopped what they were doing. Now, it's all ketamine all the time around
here...

Matthew King

Oct 30, 2022, 11:09:43 AM10/30/22
On Friday, October 28, 2022 at 10:53:27 PM UTC-4, John Carr wrote:

> The disappointing part is that everything went to hell when the a.g.s.f.
> stopped what they were doing.

More that what they were doing became practically impossible, though,
eh? Not much point putting trolls' heads on pikes once they've gained
the ability to grow new ones at will.

> Now, it's all ketamine all the time around here...

Don't forget the teens looking for romance! I keep wondering whether
that's some weird pedophile sting bot thing or what.

--
Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

John Carr

Nov 18, 2023, 8:00:50 PM11/18/23
On 2022-10-30, Matthew King <mail.mat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, October 28, 2022 at 10:53:27 PM UTC-4, John Carr wrote:
>> The disappointing part is that everything went to hell when the a.g.s.f.
>> stopped what they were doing.
> More that what they were doing became practically impossible, though,
> eh? Not much point putting trolls' heads on pikes once they've gained
> the ability to grow new ones at will.

Fair point. I'd guess that another answer could be to run a news server,
yourself, and try to attack some of it there. All of my innd fu is long,
long gone though. I haven't run a news server in over 25 years and can't
remember what's even possible.

>> Now, it's all ketamine all the time around here...
> Don't forget the teens looking for romance! I keep wondering whether
> that's some weird pedophile sting bot thing or what.

me too. I mean, how does someone even _find_ USENET anymore unless you're
looking for it? Although, they said that the meltdown of Reddit after the
changes to the mobile API would drive people back to USENET, but I'm not
sure that happened...

Praetor Mandrake

Jan 31, 2024, 3:56:56 PMJan 31
On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 7:00:50 PM UTC-6, John Carr wrote:
> On 2022-10-30, Matthew King <mail.mat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, October 28, 2022 at 10:53:27 PM UTC-4, John Carr wrote:
> >> The disappointing part is that everything went to hell when the a.g.s.f.
> >> stopped what they were doing.
> > More that what they were doing became practically impossible, though,
> > eh? Not much point putting trolls' heads on pikes once they've gained
> > the ability to grow new ones at will.
> Fair point. I'd guess that another answer could be to run a news server,
> yourself, and try to attack some of it there. All of my innd fu is long,
> long gone though. I haven't run a news server in over 25 years and can't
> remember what's even possible.

jugulae jugulae jugulae

> >> Now, it's all ketamine all the time around here...
> > Don't forget the teens looking for romance! I keep wondering whether
> > that's some weird pedophile sting bot thing or what.
> me too. I mean, how does someone even _find_ USENET anymore unless you're
> looking for it? Although, they said that the meltdown of Reddit after the
> changes to the mobile API would drive people back to USENET, but I'm not
> sure that happened...

Sol drives numerous systems, too many to nail down. Reddit will be gone when mobile API hits its heyday.

Yosemite Sam

Jan 31, 2024, 5:06:49 PMJan 31
On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 7:00:50 PM UTC-6, John Carr wrote:
I guess my question, ApplicationPI being entertained, which application is it, Hell Mountain, Punjab Troll Exit, or Maintain Silence? I know you're not using summermute. My asshole in your Frankenstein Monster still checks in Tri-Cordorly.