<covet> extensions.. extensions..

Teleute0

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
i'm completely head over heels in love with
extensions. they're in my dreams. i wake up
and imagine i have long bloo and black hair.
i want long hair. i'm impatient. i want exten-
sions! and yes, i am whiny. :)

i need money.

i think i should start a "teleute would look
cute in extensions!" fund.

--teleute.

* t e l e u t e @ a o l . c o m *

Life is too short for kicking up shit for other people,
regardless of how much of a tit they are.
-- Kathryn --

Narnia

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
On 4 Dec 1998 00:27:46 GMT, tele...@aol.complicated (Teleute0) wrote:

>i'm completely head over heels in love with
>extensions.

Oh, me too. I *desperately* want them.

>they're in my dreams.

Ditto. Every dream I have, I have extentions.

> i wake up and imagine i have long bloo and black hair.

I saw a girl in a club in Phildelphia with gorgeous glow-in-the-dark
ones. Yum.

>i need money.

Also ditto. :(

>i think i should start a "teleute would look
>cute in extensions!" fund.

How about a "teleute and narnia would look good in extentions!" fund?

=Narnia=
http://www.velvet.net
babygoth list/irc/webring admin, #altgothic addict, honorary milgoth

Message has been deleted

Narnia

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:32:55 +0000, Kathryn Quinn
<Kat...@quinnster.deeemon.co.uk> wrote:

>*tsk*
>Girls, really. There's a much easier way: go horribly overdrawn at the
>bank.

I'd not be able to pay my rent and I'd starve... but hey, my hair
would look good. ;)

>And then giggle to the bank manager about blowing some
>money on yourself, and she giggles back and says "I know what you
>mean!", and then you breathe a sigh of relief for not getting a
>rollocking for spending so much money on your hair....

Did this happen to you? I'd never be so lucky.

>Talking of extensions..
>T-minus 20 hours...
>My Smegg Victims came today too. Hurrah!

wow.

Got any extra money for a PoorGoth who wants extentions? ;)

=Narnia, wants extentions for Chanukah, won't get them=

DaydrmMilk

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
Out of curiosity, I know that extensions are expensive, and I really know
nothing about them. I have fairly long hair (halfway down my back). Would I be
able to get kinda dread-like purple extensions or does that just like not
happen? I need some texture to my hair. It currently has none.

Nothing
"The People You Know Are The Ones You Hate"

just julia

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
DaydrmMilk <daydr...@aol.com> wrote:
: Out of curiosity, I know that extensions are expensive, and I really know

: nothing about them. I have fairly long hair (halfway down my back). Would I be
: able to get kinda dread-like purple extensions or does that just like not
: happen? I need some texture to my hair. It currently has none.

Well, one kind of extensions are called "nulocs" or "sisterlocs" or some
such. They look pretty much like dreadlocks. You can get colored
extension hair which she could use. I'm plotting on getting these soon,
so if I do I will update everyone.

http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/6426/
"If you are of the opinion that the contemplation of suicide is sufficient
evidence of a poetic nature, do not forget that actions speak louder than
words." --Fran Lebowitz

Flkdanrlee

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
>>i'm completely head over heels in love with
>>extensions.

Ha ha! After months of lust for extensions a guy I work with turns to my last
night. "Hey, my girlfriend's finishing up a class on extensions for beauty
school. Would you mind if she gives you really long extensions for her test?
Any color you want, and she said she'll keep them refilled for $40." I lucked
out...I've seen this girl do stuff before. She's actually good. I'm getting
extensions, I'm getting extensions...-----------Melissa
"To the truly pure nothing is impure." --Oranges Aren't the Only Fruit

Teleute0

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
flkda...@aol.com (Flkdanrlee) scribbled in sharpie:

>Ha ha! After months of lust for extensions a guy
>I work with turns to my last night. "Hey, my girl
>friend's finishing up a class on extensions for beauty
>school. Would you mind if she gives you really long
>extensions for her test? Any color you want, and she
>said she'll keep them refilled for $40." I lucked out...
>I've seen this girl do stuff before. She's actually good.
>I'm getting extensions, I'm getting extensions...

do you people do things like this just to torture me
and the rest of the extensions covetting bunch?! mel,
you're a whore. :p you're a stinky mean whore! (so,
uhm.. maybe you could hook me up with this girl, eh?
think she knows anyone in richmond who does extens-
ions for 40$?)

Flkdanrlee

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98
>>Ha ha! After months of lust for extensions a guy
>>I work with turns to my last night. "Hey, my girl
>>friend's finishing up a class on extensions for beauty
>>school. Would you mind if she gives you really long
>>extensions for her test? Any color you want, and she
>>said she'll keep them refilled for $40." I lucked out...
>>I've seen this girl do stuff before. She's actually good.
>>I'm getting extensions, I'm getting extensions...
>

>do you people do things like this just to torture me
>and the rest of the extensions covetting bunch?! mel,
>you're a whore. :p you're a stinky mean whore! (so,
>uhm.. maybe you could hook me up with this girl, eh?
>think she knows anyone in richmond who does extens-
>ions for 40$?)

New lesson in life: make friends with cosmetology students; even the annoying
ones.--------------Melissa

thr33...@yahoo.com

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98
In article <19981208115547...@ng-cf1.aol.com>,
flkda...@aol.com (Flkdanrlee) bragged:

> Ha ha! After months of lust for extensions a guy I work with turns to my last

> night. "Hey, my girlfriend's finishing up a class on extensions for beauty

> school. Would you mind if she gives you really long extensions for her test?
> Any color you want, and she said she'll keep them refilled for $40." I lucked

> out...I've seen this girl do stuff before. She's actually good. I'm getting
> extensions, I'm getting extensions...-----------Melissa

Oh Melissa, you lucky GIRL!!!! I have had this sad, secret obsession building
up inside me that says "pony. Pony. PONY!!!!" I want extensions too... or at
least (and prolly more realistically for me, too) a pony fall. As soon as I
get $$ I am marching my butt down the street to the Beauty Supply store to
drool over jumbo braids.

Hey, will you take a pic when you get them done? My curiousity is endless! :D

Christiane
...covet covet covet...I want bigger badder hair....

--
* The Violet Dawning: http://members.xoom.com/VioletSongs/TVD.html *
"Cause mom told me the three lifestyle choices are gay, straight, or

Narnia

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
On 8 Dec 1998 21:43:17 GMT, tele...@aol.complicated (Teleute0) wrote:

>do you people do things like this just to torture me
>and the rest of the extensions covetting bunch?!

Like me, for instance? ;)

>think she knows anyone in richmond who does extens-
>ions for 40$?)

Or New Orleans?

=Narnia=
http://www.velvet.net

DaydrmMilk

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
>>think she knows anyone in richmond who does extens-
>>ions for 40$?)
>
>Or New Orleans?

Or Baltimore?

Teleute0

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
Narnia scrawled:

>>think she knows anyone in richmond who does extens-
>>ions for 40$?)

>Or New Orleans?

then, Nothing added:

>Or Baltimore?

alright, guys. here's the plan. all of the poor
extension coveters must come together to
form a new collective. by piling together our
wardrobes, buying a truckload of fake hair,
and blasting the Cure (sorry, i get to pick the
soundtrack ;), We Will Get Extensions.

i say we've got a few options. all link arms &
storm into a beauty school, demanding they
give us pony hair for 40$. (we dazzle them w/
our platforms and shiny clothes and ability to
wear *that much* metal in our bodies).

or, we can kidnap Aconite and the other gor-
geousgoffs with lovely extensions and demand
(a lot of demanding going on here) from their
friends that we'll let them go if they get us
extensions! (or, we could just transplant the
ponygoff's heads onto *our* heads.. that
would be an interesting dinner conversation.)

--teleute.

~ * t e l e u t e 0 @ a o l . c o m * ~

. . . beyond the pale
hanging on to your shade . . .

just julia

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
DaydrmMilk <daydr...@aol.com> wrote:
:>>think she knows anyone in richmond who does extens-

:>>ions for 40$?)
:>
:>Or New Orleans?

: Or Baltimore?

When I was in Baltimore for WorldCon there were 3 braiding shops right by
where our host lived (near the Senator theater at York road and
Belvedere). The cab ride to the convention center brought us by more
braiding shops. They're not likely to be $40 cheap, but you'll probably
be able to find some styles in the $75-$100 range.

The basic guide to finding places that do extensions in X city is: figure
out where the black areas of town are. Go there are see if you see any
braiding shops or hair salons that offer braiding. If you can't find any,
find a beauty supply shop that sells to black salons and ask them.

Jennifer Baker

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
Does anyone know of someone who can do butt length extensions for little $$$
in northern Calif.? I was thinking, that is last crazy thing that I would
like to do to my hair before I enlist....go army.

Jennifer Baker
392 of Goth
--
Goth Code v.3. GoMD3ZZ4$ TFeInAn9 PEShPa B13/35Bkz1
cBk-s4 V6s M3 ZGoiTeiGonExcTea C6o a23= n6F b46D H154

Narnia

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
On 13 Dec 1998 16:26:08 GMT, tele...@aol.complicated (Teleute0)
wrote:

>i say we've got a few options. all link arms &
>storm into a beauty school, demanding they
>give us pony hair for 40$. (we dazzle them w/
>our platforms and shiny clothes and ability to
>wear *that much* metal in our bodies).

Yes!

We Will Get Extentions.

We will figure out a way!

(Maybe if we talk about it enough, people will start a fund so we'll
shut up about it. ;) )

=Narnia=
http://www.velvet.net

Narnia

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
On 13 Dec 1998 21:08:32 GMT, just julia
<jsta...@quinsky.eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:

>The basic guide to finding places that do extensions in X city is: figure
>out where the black areas of town are. Go there are see if you see any
>braiding shops or hair salons that offer braiding. If you can't find any,
>find a beauty supply shop that sells to black salons and ask them.

Unfortunately, in this city those are *really* bad areas to be in.
The deep South sucks in that way.

They also probably won't have a clue on how to get funky colors (like
the glow-in-the-dark ones I've started to covet) or how to deal with
my hair. :/

I need to find a freaky salon.

=Narnia=
http://www.velvet.net

Teleute0

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
nar...@velvet.net (Narnia) wrote in water:

>(Maybe if we talk about it enough, people will
>start a fund so we'll shut up about it. ;) )

i was thinking this same thing the other day!
i figure, if every person i know and carry on
regular conversation with (coworkers, friends,
acquaintances) gives me 5$, i've got it made!
they can consider it an investment.. towards..
my future. yeah. mhm. (any one willing to
part with a few bucks, lol?)

just julia

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Narnia <nar...@velvet.net> wrote:
: On 13 Dec 1998 21:08:32 GMT, just julia
: <jsta...@quinsky.eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:

:>The basic guide to finding places that do extensions in X city is: figure
:>out where the black areas of town are. Go there are see if you see any
:>braiding shops or hair salons that offer braiding. If you can't find any,
:>find a beauty supply shop that sells to black salons and ask them.

: Unfortunately, in this city those are *really* bad areas to be in.
: The deep South sucks in that way.

Find a well off black woman with braids, ask her where she got them done.

: They also probably won't have a clue on how to get funky colors (like

: the glow-in-the-dark ones I've started to covet)

The funky color do indeed appear on the heads of black women. Especially
the dark burgandy red.

Lady Bathory

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Narnia wrote:
> On 13 Dec 1998 21:08:32 GMT, just julia
> <jsta...@quinsky.eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> >The basic guide to finding places that do extensions in X city is: figure
> >out where the black areas of town are. Go there are see if you see any
> >braiding shops or hair salons that offer braiding. If you can't find any,
> >find a beauty supply shop that sells to black salons and ask them.
>
> Unfortunately, in this city those are *really* bad areas to be in.
> The deep South sucks in that way.

I can't imagine New Orleans would be completely devoid of middle- &
upper-middle-class black people. I've lived in far more backwards areas
of Appalachia & still encountered them. & most of the
middle/upper-middle-class black women i know/see have weaves or braids.
It shouldn't be too hard to inquire of one of them where she got her
hair done.

> They also probably won't have a clue on how to get funky colors (like
> the glow-in-the-dark ones I've started to covet)

Who do you think neon jumbo braid was originally made for? While i'm not
a black woman myself, by virtue of the field i'm in i find myself
making observations of trends & styles of all sorts of folks & it seems
to me FME that bright colours have been quite "in" for black women's
hairstyles for several years now, especially braids/weaves. Hell, i
flew home for the holidays seated directly behind a black college-age
girl who had fat blue & black braids all over her haid (Lulu-bob
length).

Seriously, if *anybody's* going to know where to get "funky colours" of
extension hair, it'll be a black shop. I've never bought a pkg of hair
in any colour that had a picture of a white girl on it. I know here in
little ol' Johnson City, Tennessee, i recently went looking for new
hair. In the (predominantly caucasocentric, at least here in
Appalachia) Sally's Beauty Supply, i found not even a hint of extension
hair, other than some cheesy blonde curly falls attached to a barette
& made by Revlon. At a small black shop i found yet another shade of
blue i didn't previously own, & some lavender, & for $2 a pkg.

> or how to deal with
> my hair. :/

Not all black people have the same texture of hair. Racial mixing is
so common (especially in the NOLA area) that to assume a black hair shop
"won't have a clue" on how to deal w/fine &/or thin hair is a bit
narrow. I seriously doubt if you walk into one of these shops the
stylist is going to burst out w/something like, "Oh lawsy, miz Narnia,
i don't know nothin' 'bout extendin' no white-folk hairs!" :)

> I need to find a freaky salon.

...if you want to pay by the hour. Judging by the daily nonsense posts
on collecting extension charity, you aren't going to find yourself able
to pay freaky-salon rates.

Look, find a nice-looking be-braided black woman, find out who did her
hair. Call them up & barter. Gimme a break, Narnia. You have a server.
Offer to build them a webpage & host it on velvet.net in exchange for
free first-time extensions & a continuing discount on future
maintenance visits for the duration of the time you maintain their page.
Simple enough.

--
Ladybee

"Nothing is so like a soul as a bee."

Narnia

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On 14 Dec 1998 23:26:52 GMT, tele...@aol.complicated (Teleute0)
wrote:

>i was thinking this same thing the other day!
>i figure, if every person i know and carry on
>regular conversation with (coworkers, friends,
>acquaintances) gives me 5$, i've got it made!
>they can consider it an investment.. towards..
>my future. yeah. mhm. (any one willing to
>part with a few bucks, lol?)

Not a bad idea.

Doubt I could get anyone to give me $5, though... if they're not going
to donate money to a server they use, they're not going to donate
money to futher my cosmetic causes. ;)

=Narnia=
http://www.velvet.net

Narnia

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:34:34 -0500, Lady Bathory <mpol...@tricon.net>
wrote:

>I can't imagine New Orleans would be completely devoid of middle- &
>upper-middle-class black people.

It isn't.

They don't live in the "black areas of town", though, which was what
was suggested to me.

>Who do you think neon jumbo braid was originally made for?

Yeah, I know. But from the inquiring I have done, they've never heard
of the glowing kind.

You're right, though, and I'll keep trying.

>Not all black people have the same texture of hair.

I didn't say they did. :)

I should have clarified this - *I* have really weird hair. Many
stylists have commented that my hair is really strange.

I'm commenting on my hair, not anyone else's. :)

>I seriously doubt if you walk into one of these shops the
>stylist is going to burst out w/something like, "Oh lawsy, miz Narnia,
>i don't know nothin' 'bout extendin' no white-folk hairs!" :)

<grin>

I know. In retrospect, I *really* should have clarified what I was
saying... it looks like it may have come out slightly narrow-minded.
Sorry about that. :/

>...if you want to pay by the hour. Judging by the daily nonsense posts
>on collecting extension charity, you aren't going to find yourself able
>to pay freaky-salon rates.

Unfortunately, very true. I just got $100 for Chanukah, so I'm hoping
that maybe I could find them for around that.

I wonder if it's even possible to get that cheap.

>Look, find a nice-looking be-braided black woman, find out who did her
>hair.

If I see one (wouldn't have the first clue where to look, really) I'll
ask her.

Thanks. :)

>Call them up & barter.

I'm a little worried that they'd hang up on me and I'd never get the
chance...

>Gimme a break, Narnia. You have a server.
>Offer to build them a webpage & host it on velvet.net in exchange for
>free first-time extensions & a continuing discount on future
>maintenance visits for the duration of the time you maintain their page.
>Simple enough.

But you know, this is not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.

Thanks, Ladybee. :)

=Narnia=
http://www.velvet.net

liuylo...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2020, 9:37:28 PM8/3/20
"NU LOCS PRODUCTION PROCESS"
Nu locs belongs to the crochet hair series, which is made of three low-temperature flame-retardant sythetic fiber and it need a complex process. In the first step, three kinds of sythetic fiber are cut to size, and then mixed the three sythetic fiber with different properties according to a certain ratio. In the second step, the workers soak fiber and winds it on the wooden pipe by hand. The third step is to put the wrapped fiber into the shaping cabinet, after setting the shape twice, the Crochet hair will have natural curvature and elasticity and become Locs. Finally, trim the finalized product and deliver it to the customer.
We are Niseyo braids, We professionally do crochet hair. Here is our Nu locs link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088SZDGXG