Boots and Shampoo. Whoo!

22 views
Skip to first unread message

Jenn

unread,
Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
to
Try Clairol's Daily Defense. Haven't used the shampoo, but I know that the
conditioner has a huge amount of perfume andl eaves a lot of scent on my
hair. I have that bottle stashed away under my sink in case I accidentally
forget to buy more conditioner. The scent is alright, it's just that it's
so strong it makes me sneeze in the shower and then I go around for the rest
of the day and that's all I can smell. It's also *really* great for my
hair, if I could stand the smell, I'd use it regularly.

Jenn
auda...@teleport.com
free recipes: http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/9559/
4442 of Goth. Lime Truffle of ChocoGoth.


c...@andrew.cmu.edu wrote in message <7ad33e$om4$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
<snip>
>
>Does anyone know of any other shampoos that leave a really
>strong scent in your hair?
>


c...@andrew.cmu.edu

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
I got my Smegg Magic boots in the mail today and they fit perfectly! I love
them. They came way earlier than I expected so I didn't even think I'd have
them for clubbing this Friday, and now I do. I had a really sucky day, and
these boots kinda evened it out to an okay day. Yay. :D I hope I can walk to
the club in them. It's supposed to snow. :P

On another note, I just started using Colorvive Shampoo, and while it's not
that good for my hair, I keep using it again and again. Why? Because it smells
so damn good!

Does anyone know of any other shampoos that leave a really
strong scent in your hair?

I've used Pantene, which I love, but it kinda reminds me of my ex-boy
so I'm staying away from it for a month or so. I like the "Orchid" White
Rain, but I read once that it's tested on bunny eyes, so I can't really use
it without feeling bad for bunnies.

teetering around her room in new shoes...
Christy- 21 o' goth
Carnegie Mellon University
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~cls
Gothic My Little Pony Gallery- www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~cls/MLP.html

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Gothgirl2k

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
Christy said:

>Does anyone know of any other shampoos that leave a really
>strong scent in your hair?

I heard Revlon shampoo has a strong
scent. It is supposed to be real perfumy.

>I like the "Orchid" White
>Rain, but I read once that it's tested on bunny eyes, so I can't really use
>it without feeling bad for bunnies.
>


I think White Rains policy has changed.
I have read that some wherer. If not Im going to throw my shampoo out. PETA
keeps me up to date and WR and the Gilate company has stopped or so I have
been told.

the gothic princess<kendy>
*now worried about her shampoo*

BatTygrrl

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
>
>I heard Revlon shampoo has a strong
>scent. It is supposed to be real perfumy.
>

yes yes yes! i loooove revelon outragious so much!!! it leaves yur hair
smelling purddy all day long!!!!!mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


~~~~~dem0na

She's Lost Control Again

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
In article <7ad33e$om4$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, c...@andrew.cmu.edu wrote:

>Does anyone know of any other shampoos that leave a really
>strong scent in your hair?

Clairol Daily Defense...woowee, the stuff is strong. I only used the
conditioner, and the first time, when I walked into a friend's apt. after
taking a shower, he said, "did you just get out of the shower?"

>I've used Pantene, which I love, but it kinda reminds me of my ex-boy

>so I'm staying away from it for a month or so. I like the "Orchid" White


>Rain, but I read once that it's tested on bunny eyes, so I can't really use
>it without feeling bad for bunnies.

I thought L'Oreal, makers of Colorvive, tested on animals, too. I could be
wrong, so don't take my word for it, but I think someone posted here about it,
kind of berating me for using L'Oreal products.

Jen

Thessaly

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to

c...@andrew.cmu.edu wrote in article <7ad33e$om4$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> I got my Smegg Magic boots in the mail today and they fit perfectly! I
love
> them. They came way earlier than I expected so I didn't even think I'd
have
> them for clubbing this Friday, and now I do. I had a really sucky day,
and
> these boots kinda evened it out to an okay day. Yay. :D I hope I can walk
to
> the club in them. It's supposed to snow. :P

Personal to Christy: they aren't too hard to walk *up* the stairs at Laga
in, but boy, coming down? All I can say is that The Stair Is Not Where You
Think It Is.

> Does anyone know of any other shampoos that leave a really
> strong scent in your hair?

Mmmm... I always get comments on the Jason red shampoo I use... it has a
musky strawberry smell... their other color shampoos also have respective
scents, like a very strong blackberry scent for black, and a very strong
coffee scent for brown.

However, the scentiest shampoo I've smelled recently is Matrix's new
"Amplify" stuff. It's supposed to volumize. It has a tangerine scent, but
it's not very sharp or citrussy, more tangerine/floral or something. *very*
strange. Not unpleasant, but it takes some getting used to.

Aveda Shampure also has an extremely distinctive smell.

frogs and fishes from Thessaly
a sucker for awapuhi and apple pectin shampoos.
and missing the musk-scented "earth" shampoo/cond sets
of the 80s
(came in a set? the bottles looked like wine bottles?)
--
Thessaly - thessalia@americaonlinedotcom
http://www.gothic.net/~thessaly/
~~"I think it would be very foolish not to take
the irrational seriously." - J. Winterson~~

Holly Kristine Jones

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
BatTygrrl wrote:

Ditto that too!
Holly


--

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
^*^ Holly Kristine Jones ^*^
http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Balcony/3862
鄭 painter paints pictures on canvas.
But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ^*^
^*^ --Leopole Stokowski
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Holly Kristine Jones

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
I love St. Ives Raspberry and Jojoba! It's really BRIGHT pink, so you can't miss
it. The scent lasts on me ALL day, and it smells yummy!

ViviGoth

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
>From: c...@andrew.cmu.edu

>Does anyone know of any other shampoos that leave a really
>strong scent in your hair?
>

Um... I think it's called "Outrageous"... red bottle, rounded black cap...

I absolutely *adore* the way it smells... unfortunately, my hair stays clean
for maybe 20 minutes after I use it. ::pout::

^v^ Abracadaver ^v^
"She's alright--if you're into that sort of thing."
"Into what sort of thing? Girls?"
Napalm Tree http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/napalm_tree
GlitterGoth 101 http://members.tripod.com/~Abracadaver

c...@andrew.cmu.edu

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
In article <19990216212433...@ng98.aol.com>,

gothg...@aol.com (Gothgirl2k) wrote:
>
> I think White Rains policy has changed.
> I have read that some wherer. If not Im going to throw my shampoo out. PETA
> keeps me up to date and WR and the Gilate company has stopped or so I have
> been told.

Oh, well, PETA is where I got my information, but I have't done anything
with them since last year, so you're probably right. I didn't know Gilette had
stopped. Hmm. That's neat.

c...@andrew.cmu.edu

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
In article <01be5a3e$2294c580$950556d1@default>,

"Thessaly" <thessalia@DON'TSPAMamericAOnLine.com> wrote:
>
> c...@andrew.cmu.edu wrote in article <7ad33e$om4$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> > I got my Smegg Magic boots in the mail today and they fit perfectly! I
> love
> > them. Yay. :D I hope I can walk

> to
> > the club in them. It's supposed to snow. :P
>
> Personal to Christy: they aren't too hard to walk *up* the stairs at Laga
> in, but boy, coming down? All I can say is that The Stair Is Not Where You
> Think It Is.
>

They just painted the edge of each stair with a *bright* yellow stripe. I
just learned to glue my eyes to the floor on my way down anyways. :D

> > Does anyone know of any other shampoos that leave a really
> > strong scent in your hair?

> However, the scentiest shampoo I've smelled recently is Matrix's new


> "Amplify" stuff. It's supposed to volumize. It has a tangerine scent, but
> it's not very sharp or citrussy, more tangerine/floral or something. *very*
> strange. Not unpleasant, but it takes some getting used to.

Hmm..I could use volume. Is this the "only availble at salon" stuff? I like
tangerine. I might have to go out and try this one. :D If I don't like it I
always have my trusty Willow Lake stuff, whose conditioners smell good, but
don't last. Plus, it's the best conditioner I've ever found, and I've got
fine straight hair that usually hates conditioner.

Christy - 21 o' goth

Ulalme

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
Clairol's Herbal Essences smells great, in my opinion. I don't think it smells
as strong as Pantene or anything, but it's still yum.


.vivian.
.o rose, thou art sick.
http://osf1.gmu.edu/~vsarratt/

The Painted One

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
>
>I've used Pantene, which I love, but it kinda reminds me of my ex-boy
>so I'm staying away from it for a month or so. I like the "Orchid" White
>Rain, but I read once that it's tested on bunny eyes, so I can't really use
>it without feeling bad for bunnies.
>
Quite a lot of girls that I knew had this really nice smell from their hair,
that I never quite worked out what was. Then one day I was getting
conditioner from a petrol station cause I had run out. All they had was
Pantene so that is what I got. After washing my hair and getting out of
the bath I suddenly realised I had that smell, so the mystery was solved.
This made me use it more. I didnt identify it with anyone in particular,
and also I didnt associate it as being a 'sexy ' smell, like a perfume
but just a nice 'clean' smell.

Hmm, I should proabably get a job selling Pantene.

TPO

--
NOPSP...@itdudley.demon.co.uk Remove NOPSPAM_ to reply.
'then as now, tis simple truth
sweetest tongue hides sharpest tooth'
The Company of Wolves

Marjorie Peck

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to

c...@andrew.cmu.edu wrote:

> I got my Smegg Magic boots in the mail today and they fit perfectly! I love
> them.

I hate you. *green with jealousy* :-)


> On another note, I just started using Colorvive Shampoo, and while it's not
> that good for my hair, I keep using it again and again. Why? Because it smells
> so damn good!
>

> Does anyone know of any other shampoos that leave a really
> strong scent in your hair?

I only use Infusium. It smells pretty good. But what leaves a scent in my hair is
the leave-in conditioner I use, also Infusium. Mild, kinda soapy perfumy.

-Marjorie


Penny Dreadful

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
In article <7ad33e$om4$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, c...@andrew.cmu.edu wrote:

> Does anyone know of any other shampoos that leave a really
> strong scent in your hair?

Neutrogena shampoos smell like some familiar perfume that I can never
quite place.

I love the smell of Jhirmack shampoos, too--there's one that smells just
like orange sherbet.

However, I've never noticed that my shampoo-smell hangs around once my
hair is dry.

love love love--
Penny Dreadful

"It's all about. . .lots of hair for spring. Isn't it
a hoot to think about getting hair extensions?"
--Harper's Bazaar

VIRTUAL YARD SALE: http://www.cris.com/~jeniphir/4sale.html

Message has been deleted

Ice Princess

unread,
Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
to
In article <Jeniphir-170...@ts005d40.cht-ma.concentric.net>,
Jeni...@cris.com (Penny Dreadful) wrote:

> However, I've never noticed that my shampoo-smell hangs around once my
> hair is dry.

I'm assuming the question was about *pleasant* shampoo smells, but...

Clairol Daily Defense (which is *incredibly* bad stuff anyway) absolutely
*reeks* , and the smell wouldn't go away--I could still smell it when my hair
was dry. It smelled like I'd dumped photo developer on my hair.

On the pleasant side, Aussie Intermissions in Magenta Sky (which someone said
a while back they don't make anymore) has a lovely raspberryish scent.

The mini-shampoo and conditioner we got in the hotel room in Hawaii was
juniper- scented, and smelled rather pleasantly like gin. :) I can't stand
to drink gin, but I do like how it smells.

Ice Princess

========================================================================
Ice Princess icp...@blarg.net http://www.blarg.net/~icprncs/
"Go-to" gal for Atomic Hyrax Games http://www.atomichyrax.com/
"Don't just stand there! Start coloring!" --Bubbles

Gothgirl2k

unread,
Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
to
Another shampoo I rememberd using and thinkiing the smell was great was Willow
Lake.
I did not really like how the conditioner
worked. It was to watery.


the gothic princess

Serendipitous Spice

unread,
Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
to
Ice Princess wrote in message <7afh5d$ss1$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>In article <Jeniphir-170...@ts005d40.cht-ma.concentric.net>,
> Jeni...@cris.com (Penny Dreadful) wrote:
>
>> However, I've never noticed that my shampoo-smell hangs around once my
>> hair is dry.
>
>I'm assuming the question was about *pleasant* shampoo smells, but...
>
>Clairol Daily Defense (which is *incredibly* bad stuff anyway) absolutely
>*reeks* , and the smell wouldn't go away--I could still smell it when my
hair
>was dry. It smelled like I'd dumped photo developer on my hair.

even worse: my brother, King Dandruff, uses Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo. the
smell of tar shampoo permeates throughout the entire house and hangs there
for hours after he showers. bleh.

oh, and, for the record... shampoo-smells never stay in my hair once it's
dry either, no matter what i use. my hair usually just smells kinda like...
well, hair.

love and light,
~*~Carly

--
~*~Come, Come away, little fox, little bird
Run away into the Night.
You will burn your Eyes, you will burn your Wings
If you go into the Light. [H.B.]~*~

Thessaly

unread,
Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
to

Serendipitous Spice <SilverH...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<7afvv6$g...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...

> even worse: my brother, King Dandruff, uses Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo.
the
> smell of tar shampoo permeates throughout the entire house and hangs
there
> for hours after he showers. bleh.

Get him to try T-Sal, if you can. It works MUCH better (tar shampoos glue
the flakes to the head; salicylic acid shampoos help slough the flakes
before they flake off independently), and doesn't smell at all (well, it's
pale clear yellow with a light shampoo scent, but not the heavy tar scent).
Biolage used to make a scalp shampoo (blue cap) that had S. Acid and tea
tree oil, but since they reorganized their line, they might have gotten rid
of it. :(

Also, be VERY happy that he hasn't tried a dermatologist's prescribed
dandruff shampoo. I had one as a teenager which had an active sulfur
ingredient and smelled even worse than T-Gel, which is a lovely pineforest
in comparison.

Most ppl who have "dandruff" either aren't washing their hair enough or
have some kind of food sensitivity. A lot of cases of eczema masquerade as
dandruff.

frogs and fishes from Thessaly

who bought 3 bottles of Biolage scalp shampoo
on 1/2off clearance at Regis last month :(

Thessaly

unread,
Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
to

Gothgirl2k <gothg...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19990217205513...@ng-ce1.aol.com>...

> Another shampoo I rememberd using and thinkiing the smell was great was
Willow
> Lake.
> I did not really like how the conditioner
> worked. It was to watery.

Willow Lake is something that I recommend to ppl who want to strip colour
from their hair. Seriously, yah, it smells good, but the last time I used
some (taking a shower in the master bath instead of my own bathroom), my
hair was dyed Rubine and had stopped running when I washed it, over a week
earlier (no pink foam, no nothing!) *One* washing with Willow Lake had me
and the shower covered with pink water and foam again, and my hair just
about stripped. bleah.

frogs and fishes from Thessaly

--

Gothgirl2k

unread,
Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
to
Thessaly said:

>Willow Lake is something that I recommend to ppl who want to strip colour
>from their hair.


I never noticed it strip the color from my hair.
I used it for about 2 weeks and stopped
becuse it was not working with my hair.

ohh on the sub. of yummy shampoos at Body Shop they have a few yummy ones. I
remeber one smelling like grapefruit.....

the gothic princess<kendy>

greensea

unread,
Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
to
Ice Princess wrote:
>
> On the pleasant side, Aussie Intermissions in Magenta Sky (which
> someone said a while back they don't make anymore) has a lovely > raspberryish scent.

I've still got half a bottle left of Fiery Sunset (the keep-it-red
shampoo) bought on an agf suggestion a couple years ago. Frankly,
the stuff frightens me. It's got a very sickly sweet smell -
supposedly raspberry & passionfruit. It looks like blood, which is
of course GAF but somewhat disturbing. And it leaves my hair feeling
dull and rough.

(Perhaps that's why they don't make it anymore.. :))

- s.m.greensea of the p.c.

--
b...@ici.net * http://home.ici.net/~bhs * icq-11531833
sister Mary Greensea of the Perpetual Chaos * aim-greensea4
Team Net.Goth: a cure for MS. http://home.ici.net/~bhs/mswalk.htm
"Weetzie kept falling for the wrong Ducks." - Francesca Lia Block

FreyjaFyre

unread,
Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
to
On the subject of yummy-smelling shampoo,
Redken One2One is a salon brand. I use both
their Volumizing Shampoo and their Daily
(Something, I think Defense) Conditioner.
Consequently, as my hyper-sensitive nose
can't stand perfume, I'm known by the scent
of my hair. It actually flows behind me....
mmmm.... yummihair....


*valkyrja*
*http://hail.icestorm.net/valkyrja*
*Iridescent Bathroom Coating of Glittergoth*

cru...@my-dejanews.com

unread,
Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
to

> Serendipitous Spice <SilverH...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> > even worse: my brother, King Dandruff, uses Neutrogena T-Gel
shampoo. > the> > smell of tar shampoo permeates throughout the
entire house and hangs> there> > for hours after he showers. bleh.
>

<And Thessaly suggested:>
Get him to try T-Sal, if you can. <snup> Most ppl who have "dandruff"


either >aren't washing their hair enough or have some kind of food
sensitivity. A lot of >cases of eczema masquerade as dandruff.
>

aveda also makes a "scalp infusion" i forget exactly what it's called,
but it comes in a little brown vial. i used to massage it into my
scalp about once a week. i found that it almost completely eliminated
the dry itchy scalp i used to get in the winter from the lack of
moisture in the air (due to heating systems in buildings). and a big
plus is it smells very dinstinctively aveda, which i like.

--crush

LLebeaux

unread,
Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
to
Thessaly wrote:
>. I always get comments on the Jason red shampoo I use... it has a
>musky strawberry smell... their other color shampoos also have respective
>scents, like a very strong blackberry scent for black, and a very strong
>coffee scent for brown.

Stupid question coming...do color shampoos reinforce the color that's actually
there (like one must use brown shampoo if one has brown hair so it wouldn't
look funky and strange), or can they add a slight tint to lighter colored hair,
or lighter brown hair?
Angelle
the Unknowledgeable, Uncultured, Un-American One
~Frigid Kitty who is wielding her Sparkly Pink Fairy (not of the same species
as faerie) Wand~

Jenn

unread,
Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
to
Both. If you dye your hair red and use a red shampoo, it'll prolly help
keep the colour longer, perhaps even make it redder. You can also use
coloured shampoos to add highlights and such, however, ya gotta use them
regularly to get any sort of effect, and it won't be a big one. The
highlights they do add, however, look MUCH more natural than any dye I've
seen. Just beware Aveda's Annato, it's a red one that'll dye your scalp.

Jenn
auda...@teleport.com
free recipes: http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/9559/

LLebeaux wrote in message <19990219182159...@ng98.aol.com>...
<snip>

psyche backwards

unread,
Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
to
Quoth Little Nef:

> It doesn't only smell well it revitalizes you hair at the same time! I never
> thought that I would find a shampoo like that. My hair is VERY damaged,
> having been through continous bleaching, semi-permanent colours, dyeing and
> re-dyeing. If my hair could speak it would prolly threaten to kill me or
> something :) But hey, when I tried Clairol's Herbal Essences it was as if my
> hair was healthy again. Very soft to touch and very, very shiny.

I've switched over to ColorVive for the sake of my color, but before i dyed it i
used the residue removal Herbal Essences, which made my hair pretty shiny.

...is there a color-safe Herbal Essences?


psyche backwards, who experienced much fade-age with the above-said residue
removing shampoo.

psyche backwards

unread,
Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
to
Ug. This happened to me when i used Willow Lake a few weeks after Feria.

> Willow Lake is something that I recommend to ppl who want to strip colour

LadyRhye

unread,
Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
to
On 19 Feb 1999 23:21:59 GMT, lleb...@aol.compiney (LLebeaux) wrote:

>Thessaly wrote:
>>. I always get comments on the Jason red shampoo I use... it has a
>>musky strawberry smell... their other color shampoos also have respective
>>scents, like a very strong blackberry scent for black, and a very strong
>>coffee scent for brown.
>

>Stupid question coming...do color shampoos reinforce the color that's actually
>there (like one must use brown shampoo if one has brown hair so it wouldn't
>look funky and strange), or can they add a slight tint to lighter colored hair,
>or lighter brown hair?

They add a very definite tint with repeated use. I used Garden
Botanika Black Cherry (I think) on barely auburn dark hair and within
a month, it was a gotrgeous deep ruby--the only way I've ever gotten
that color before.

Then, using Clariol (?) auburn color shampoo and conditioner when I
had a bleached streak left me with a pink bleached streak and auburn
hair...

Now, with blonde hair (very light) I go easy on the shimmer brights
violet conditioner and shampoo lest I end up with a head of violet
hair (which would be fine if I weren't job hunting. *sigh*)

-LR-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
From An Interview with Dir en grey:
reporter: If you were a gal for one day, what would you want to do?
Die: I think put on make up.
reporter: I thought you always do that?
Die: (laughs) It is so, isn't it? Then I will go buy undergarments.


Teleute0

unread,
Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
to
psyche backwards scribbled:

>..is there a color-safe Herbal Essences?


::runs to bathroom::

damn. ::pants:: i'm all out right now. however,
yes, there *is* an Herbal Essences for color-
treated hair. however, i think it's for "chemic-
ally treated hair," and isn't specifically for
dyed hair. there's also a corresponding condit-
ioner, IIRC.

i used both during the punky color and manic panic
days, and well.. i didn't notice any difference in
them versus the regular shampoo and conditioner.
my hair, even the black parts, felt like straw no
matter what. ;)

--teleute.


--
tele...@aol.com * beyond the pale
"Change." "Oh. I was afraid of that."


Message has been deleted

Little Nef

unread,
Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
to
In article <19990219213214...@ng-fu1.aol.com>,

tele...@aol.completist. (Teleute0) wrote:
> psyche backwards scribbled:
>
> >..is there a color-safe Herbal Essences?
> damn. ::pants:: i'm all out right now. however,
> yes, there *is* an Herbal Essences for color-
> treated hair. however, i think it's for "chemic-
> ally treated hair," and isn't specifically for
> dyed hair. there's also a corresponding condit-
> ioner, IIRC.

That's the one I'm using and it had done wonders for me. My hair is coloured
and I haven't had any problems with the shampoo (i.e., it is very
color-safe). However you should note the following: 1. Make sure you allow at
least two days from when your hair is dyed to when you first shampoo it, as
all the a great deal of the colour will come off and, 2. Don't use
anti-dandruff shampoo because it contains a certain substance that removes
the colour from your hair (the chemical color of course, ey...)

Little Nef- my hair hates me...I wonder why ;)
--
Burning the fields...
ICQ: 20997319
http://www.geocities.com~/SunsetStrip/Birdland/5276

Darlene Nordyke

unread,
Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
to
You might try going to www.lushcanada.com They make natural stuff, bath
bombs, soaps, etc and solid shampoos. They have 2 for dandruff, the one
called soak-n-float works uber good on my boi's head. We discovered lush
on a trip to victoria b.c., but I have yet to go to the web site...I must
have the solid shampoo with *glitter* in it called ultimate shine! God, I
sound like I work there ;)
Hope this helps! Darlene

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 cru...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
*
*
*> Serendipitous Spice <SilverH...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
*> > even worse: my brother, King Dandruff, uses Neutrogena T-Gel
*shampoo. > the> > smell of tar shampoo permeates throughout the
*entire house and hangs> there> > for hours after he showers. bleh.
*>
*<And Thessaly suggested:>
* Get him to try T-Sal, if you can. <snup> Most ppl who have "dandruff"
* either >aren't washing their hair enough or have some kind of food
*sensitivity. A lot of >cases of eczema masquerade as dandruff.
*>
*
*aveda also makes a "scalp infusion" i forget exactly what it's called,
* but it comes in a little brown vial. i used to massage it into my
*scalp about once a week. i found that it almost completely eliminated
* the dry itchy scalp i used to get in the winter from the lack of
*moisture in the air (due to heating systems in buildings). and a big
*plus is it smells very dinstinctively aveda, which i like.
*
*--crush
*
*-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
*http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own
*
*


Jo Styles

unread,
Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
to
Darlene Nordyke wrote:

>You might try going to www.lushcanada.com They make natural stuff, bath
>bombs, soaps, etc and solid shampoos. They have 2 for dandruff, the one
>called soak-n-float works uber good on my boi's head. We discovered lush
>on a trip to victoria b.c., but I have yet to go to the web site...I must
>have the solid shampoo with *glitter* in it called ultimate shine! God, I
>sound like I work there ;)

On a slightly related slant, I've always wondered about the people
who work in Lush. I can only last 5-10 minutes in there before my
head starts spinning from the overpowering scent of the essential
oils. The poor staff's olfactory systems must suffer sensory overload
and shut down.

I'm rather fond of the bath bombs they have with seven dried rosebuds
in them. They seem, well, decadent.


Jo

- who is all for a little harmless decadence once in a while.


helena kim

unread,
Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
to
On 17 Feb 1999 16:10:38 GMT, ula...@aol.communique. (Ulalme) wrote:

>Clairol's Herbal Essences smells great, in my opinion. I don't think it smells
>as strong as Pantene or anything, but it's still yum.

i agree, it smells delish. and the nice thing about it is that the
body wash and the conditioner smell the same, so you can have a
co-ordinated smelly thing going on.

while the body wash and shampoo are excellent, i, however, don't
recommend the conditioner. i find it's fine the day you use it, but
the next day my hair is horridly greasy again. and i'm trying not to
wash too often to preserve my dye, so that's not good.

:helena kim


Narnia

unread,
Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
to
On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:51:28 GMT, Ice Princess <icp...@blarg.net>
wrote:

>On the pleasant side, Aussie Intermissions in Magenta Sky (which someone said
>a while back they don't make anymore) has a lovely raspberryish scent.

If you're into raspberry scents, I suggest Back to Basics Raspberry
Almond conditioner. It smells great, and is really good for your
hair.

If you colour your hair, though, be careful. My stylist told me that
it can fade the colour much quicker than it normally would fade. :(

Personally, I like honey, rose, apricot, and vanilla smells. If I
could find shampoo and conditioner that smelled that and was for
colour-treated and over-worked hair, I'd be in heaven.


=Narnia=
http://www.velvet.net

Kelly H Watts

unread,
Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
to
!On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:51:28 GMT, Ice Princess <icp...@blarg.net>
!wrote:
!
!>On the pleasant side, Aussie Intermissions in Magenta Sky (which someone said
!>a while back they don't make anymore) has a lovely raspberryish scent.

I know loreal makes a shampoo that's available at places like Trade
Secret that's very close in shade, but the sent's not as nice. It's mroe
of a bland "salon shampoo" sent.

Has anyone tried that Revlon colored hair shampoo yet?

Kelly

*****
* RealAudio goth radio * alt.gothic.cars * AIM Squee13 *
http://www.velvet.net/~kelly
* Gothic Guide to Buffalo * Western NY Goth Webring *


The ShanMonster

unread,
Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
to
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:40:30 GMT, nar...@velvet.net (Narnia) wrote:
>Personally, I like honey, rose, apricot, and vanilla smells. If I
>could find shampoo and conditioner that smelled that and was for
>colour-treated and over-worked hair, I'd be in heaven.

St. Ive's makes a shampoo that smells very strongly of vanilla.
Whenever I use it, my husband calls me cake-head. :)

The ShanMonster

My ebay schtuff - http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/shanmonster/
Jesus Was Gother Than You - www.bigfoot.com/~ShanMonster/jesus/

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages