convergence shopping ??s

Squee13

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
This is Kelly, my account is down for a while so bear with me.

I really, really want a pair of pointy-toed boots. So, Toronto people, what
are my chances of finding a pair this weekend? I was told Siren always has
them, but I've seen the prices in the catalogue, and don't want to sign off my
first born for footwear. So, can you help me?

Another question. I know cloves can be found in Toronto, but I was wondering
how much I should expect to pay for them. I can get them for $3 US, so I may
bring them with me from home. I was hoping to aviod that, thiough, since I
don't know how customs would react to that.

Kelly
Sometimes I'm khwatts-at-acsu.buffalo.edu, but if you're seeing this I'm not
now.
The Road of Excess http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Arena/8894

Sheryl Kirby

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
Squee13 wrote:

> This is Kelly, my account is down for a while so bear with me.
>
> I really, really want a pair of pointy-toed boots. So, Toronto people, what
> are my chances of finding a pair this weekend?

Pointy toed boots have gone the way of the dodo, my dear. They are indeed a
rare commodity in these parts. Although, if your feet are tiny, you could
check Groovy on Queen St. West, just west of John. They've been know to have a
few pairs of late 80's fluevogs and assorted buckle boots squirreled away at
the back.

> Another question. I know cloves can be found in Toronto, but I was wondering
> how much I should expect to pay for them. I can get them for $3 US, so I may
> bring them with me from home. I was hoping to aviod that, thiough, since I
> don't know how customs would react to that.

Bring 'em if you can, you're looking at $7 to $10 CDN per pack. Which is uber
cheap in US $, but still... For info on places to buy cloves, check out the
accomodations page on the C4 web site.

Sheryl
--
Convergence 4, Toronto, August 21 to 23, 1998
http://www.interlog.com/~converg4

Daednu

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
Squee13 wrote:
> Another question. I know cloves can be found in Toronto, but I was wondering
> how much I should expect to pay for them. I can get them for $3 US, so I may
> bring them with me from home. I was hoping to aviod that, thiough, since I
> don't know how customs would react to that.

Bring your cloves over with you. I've NEVER had a problem bringing them
over the border.
As for pointy boots, you're going to pay a buttload for them in Toronto.

*Daednu (who's relying on her boi's USD for shopping *G*)

~ I wear glitter on the outside ~
~ 'cause glitter is how I feel on the inside. ~
~ #(don't forget to take out the NOSPAM from my addy)# ~

Kelly H Watts

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Daednu wrote:

which is me in another account....

!
!Bring your cloves over with you. I've NEVER had a problem bringing them
!over the border.

Will do. hell, I can get a carton for less than three packs in Canada
(and yep, that's with the exchange)

!As for pointy boots, you're going to pay a buttload for them in Toronto.

Bit I have funky-ass wide ol' feet so I need to get them in person.
Whenever I order shoes they never fit.
And, today in the mail, I recieved something that will make my weekend all
the more special---VISA!!!!!

Kelly

*****
RealAudio goth radio * alt.gothic.cars * WNY Goth *ICQ 6206391 AIM Kali199
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Arena/8894

dion...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98
kelly:

> Will do. hell, I can get a carton for less than three packs in Canada
> (and yep, that's with the exchange)

a carton??? damn i wish i could find someplace here in boston
that sells cartons of cloves...

di, who so far is only bringing a small packet of cloves (10) :(

don't get too close
this shore is cavernous and cold
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~dbono

Lux

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98
dion...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> kelly:
> > Will do. hell, I can get a carton for less than three packs in Canada
> > (and yep, that's with the exchange)
>
> a carton??? damn i wish i could find someplace here in boston
> that sells cartons of cloves...
>
> di, who so far is only bringing a small packet of cloves (10) :(

Hmm..I think she was talking about regular cigs in that
post. A couple of weeks ago while downtown, I was in a
corner shop buying a drink & I noticed a tiny birdboned goth
boi in line ahead of me. He mumbled something unintelligible
to the cashier, and the cashier then produced a carton *eep*
of Djarum Specials. The boy then handed over quite a wad of
bills. Tis an expensive habit. ;>

-Lux-
(to whom that carton was a most beautiful sight)

--
_ ,, _
/ `'=)(='` \"Like a fish thrown in batter, mad as a hatter!

M0rBiDLuSt

Aug 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/21/98
>> a carton??? damn i wish i could find someplace here in boston
>> that sells cartons of cloves...

I live near Milwaukee Wisconsin, so this is probably irrelevant to most of you,
but there's a specialty smoke shop up the street from me that sells Sampoerna
(I think? SP?) Xtras by the carton. They have a huge window display of them.
*drool*
However. Since I am only an occassional smoker and 16 at that I only get
cloves by the pack..erm..actually..by the cigarette.
Besides, it's a rather expensive shop.

Jenn
-stays sane and smoke free with her supply of clove candy. (anyone know when
they'll decide to distribute the gum again? Sheesh.)

My Goth Code: GoAT5$ TAnD2 PSar B30/?Bk]4 "4 cBkNr-s7 v7s M3p2w ZGoJas C8o
a16- n7P b65 g9! ??94A mEa6@Z6$$ W8! V1RS r6BP p1ZZZZZZ765 D66* h9 sF6N Ss Yn
k63SMspT N197JNEWH RzS*2 Luswi5

Heliobleu

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Dionysia typed:

>a carton??? damn i wish i could find someplace here in boston
>that sells cartons of cloves...

Have you asked all the places that sell packs? I used to work at a lil
international newstand type place in college (called Newsbeat in Davis, CA)
that sold all types of tobacco from all over the world. Anyway, we would sell
cartons of pretty much anything, unless we just didn't happen to have it in
stock at the time. Or, when people would want to come in and buy five cartons
or something, we would just special order it and they'd get it the next time we
got a shipment. But we didn't advertise that we sold cartons, or have them
out...we kept them all in the stock room.

Anyway, my point is that maybe if you ask around someone will sell you a
carton, at a discount, and you can save some money!

Rachel
who used to smoke Sampoerna Xtras like they were goin' outta style

"creepy and sullen and running out of room in my little tomb" -- helium

ghoulish

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
On 22 Aug 1998, Heliobleu wrote:

> Have you asked all the places that sell packs? I used to work at a lil

this is what you should do. i personally don't smoke enough to
warrant buying cartons, but if i wanted to my local tobacco shop would
order them for me. just ask. if they have the individual packs i'm sure
they can get cartons.

> who used to smoke Sampoerna Xtras like they were goin' outta style

hehe. same here. this weekend i smoked WAY too many X-Tras at
C4... *moans at sore throat from smoking, drinking, and SCREAMING at the
club*...>

-=\=- ghoulie

| GoGD5AS$ *TJtGlP8 PPeSaSh B9/18"2 cBk(B)-w4 V6S Goth Code 3.1 |
{ M3 ZGoiTei C60 a18+ n7 b54 H163 g6L??94FYpu .. ghoulie @ systorm.com }
{ mEa2@Z5 w6! v4 r6B p4Z66ZZz D67!* h5 sF10N ... ghoulie @ velvet.net }
| Srn k3Z N1294EOHN RzS*2p2 LusNJ6 ............. www.systorm.com/ghoulie |