running with flicka

marika

Aug 23, 2006, 8:17:04 PM8/23/06
san antonio

they had Mexican in the hotels, but that's not where they took us to
eat. They kept taking us to Morton's and Ruth Chris Steak House, and
places like
that. Who wants Mexican at 11pm after eating a $30 dollar crabcake, 10
dollar
vegetables, 10 dollar desert and about 50 dollars worth of wine? And
you can't go
out to dinner with clients and say "No thankyou, nothing for me, I had
a coupla
big-buster-burritos at the MexiMart."

Yeah, the Peewee Herman movie. Let me tell you, if there was ever a
movie that
COMPLETELY stripped all the dignity and respect from a national or
historical or
cultural iconoclastic monument-- THAT was it. You literally could not
walk three
steps in that place without someone asking a guard where the basement
was. And
EVERYONE busted out laughing, every time. It just got stupider and
funnier every
day. I'm sure the guards are absolutely SICK of it. And that movie is
what... like
at least 10 years old? As a result (my hotel was directly across the
street from
the Alamo) I could not even LOOK out my window without busting out
laughing. Talk
about your lack of respect.

Anyway, although I have always yearned to see a truck-sized Krispie, I
think I'll
pass on Michigan. These meetings are always in late fall, and I have a
personal
deal with myself to never travel north of NJ, latitude-wise, for any
reason,
during the cold months. That's why I went to SanDiego, Baltimore and
SanAntonio...
but passed on Minneapolis and Indianapolis. Peeeeuuuw. No flowers, no
Jack in the
Box..... what's the point?

mk5000

'she has this same strong willed wild free spirit that this mustang
has. it;s what helps her find her way in life. by the second week we
had done so much trotting that my spine had compressed, i got a pinched
nerve'--lindssay lohan

marika

Aug 24, 2006, 7:50:54 PM8/24/06
I can't believe this. There was a huge brush fire in NJ close
to the LIncoln Tunnel shutting down roads, and trains. I was
miles away and could see the smoke for miles.
On today's weather report the weather man goes - "I told you
so. We've been warning that it could happen because there's
been no rain an it's really dry".
Boy you know they're always wrong if they have to point out
when they're right.

marika

May 22, 2008, 10:06:51 PM5/22/08

"marika" <mce...@mindspring.com> wrote in message