c space odyssey

marika

May 22, 2008, 10:04:11 PM5/22/08
I had a friend who said that they used to live on a county road and at
least once every other
year for all the years they lived there (30+) trucks who exceeded the posted
height on the warning sign, would have their trailers peeled back like the
tops on a sardine can . . . just because they didn't see it, or didn't
believe it - and that was long before GPSs were being marketed to the
public.

> Driver puts faith in GPS, shears off top of charter bus on bridge
>

> As of today, we're taking bets to see how long it will take before
> people realize that "GPS" does not stand for "Auto Pilot."
The