Author: 'Asian Americans showed that critical race theory cannot be true'

buh buh biden

Jul 22, 2021, 4:44:32 AM7/22/21
Kenny Xu, author and president of the advocacy group Color Us United, told
Hill.TV that “Asian Americans showed that critical race theory cannot be
true.”

In discussing differences between Asian American and Black education
achievement rates in the United States, Xu said the experiences and
historical disadvantages in both communities were “of similar magnitude.”

“We always try to posit the worst victim narrative that we could, and you
just did for Black Americans, but I could do the same for Asian
Americans,” said Xu, author of “An Inconvenient Minority: The Attack of
Asian American Excellence and the Fight for Meritocracy."

He went on to say that racial discrimination in the United States is no
longer an issue for Asian and Black Americans and that “we are not living
in that history today.”

“Asian success was kept and was discriminated against in this country, but
we’re living in an era where that is no longer really the case,” said Xu.
“And so you have to really focus on what cultural values are and how that
forms the discourse. And Asian Americans prove that you really can advance
and achieve the American Dream.”

Xu is head of Color Us United, a group founded in 2021 with a mission of
“advocating for a race-blind America.” In blogs on the Color Us United
website, Xu has advocated against observance of Juneteenth as a federal
holiday and against ethnic studies curricula in California.

Xu’s remarks to Hill.TV on critical race theory come as numerous GOP-led
states have taken action against critical race theory. At least 21 states
this year have proposed legislation banning critical race theory in public
schools.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/563447-author-asian-americans-showed-
that-critical-race-theory-cannot-be-true

kelown

Jul 23, 2021, 12:55:24 PM7/23/21

> He went on to say that racial discrimination in the United States is no
> longer an issue for Asian and Black Americans and that “we are not living
> in that history today.”

Not sure how an Asian American can speak for the discrimination
experiences of black Americans, but I didn't bother reading any further.