Celebrities Who Wear Toupees

Jolly Roger

Jun 24, 2003, 4:55:36 AM6/24/03
Name the celebrities who wear a toupee or a wig. I'll go first.

Burt Reynolds, Tom Daschle, Trent Lott, Carol Channing, Tina
Turner, Rip Torn and Frank Sinatra [used to].

-Jolly Roger

MC

Jun 24, 2003, 5:25:50 AM6/24/03
In article <3EF81215...@gofish.com>,
Jolly Roger <jro...@gofish.com> wrote:

Probably still does.

Chris

Jun 24, 2003, 5:37:41 AM6/24/03
>Jolly Roger jro...@gofish.com writes:

Ben Affleck, Liberace, William Shatner, Dolly Parton

LeeAZ

Jun 24, 2003, 5:57:33 AM6/24/03

Ted Danson.

MC

Jun 24, 2003, 8:39:50 AM6/24/03
In article <20030624055733...@mb-m26.aol.com>,
le...@aol.com (LeeAZ) wrote:

Do merkins count?

Selena

Jun 24, 2003, 9:13:41 AM6/24/03
Sean Connery
Whitney Houston

kassa

Jun 24, 2003, 10:16:32 AM6/24/03
MC <copeS...@ca.inter.net> wrote in message news:<copeSPAMZAP-AA01...@mail.inter.net>...

> > Burt Reynolds, Tom Daschle, Trent Lott, Carol Channing, Tina
> > Turner, Rip Torn and Frank Sinatra [used to].
>
> Probably still does.

Oh, God -- I just had visions of the 23rd century version of the Mummy
Road Show opening up tombs and finding skeletons with intact toupees
sitting on the skulls.

kassa

MC

Jun 24, 2003, 10:23:59 AM6/24/03
In article <dc0f5f69.03062...@posting.google.com>,
ka...@eudoramail.com (kassa) wrote:

> > > Burt Reynolds, Tom Daschle, Trent Lott, Carol Channing, Tina
> > > Turner, Rip Torn and Frank Sinatra [used to].
> >
> > Probably still does.
>
> Oh, God -- I just had visions of the 23rd century version of the Mummy
> Road Show opening up tombs and finding skeletons with intact toupees
> sitting on the skulls.

I'm surprised Six Feet Under hasn't had a disinterment storyline that
features exactly that...

felinasrojas

Jun 24, 2003, 11:15:19 AM6/24/03
or maybe we could say deceased toupee wearers are No Longer Wearing The Wig?

Jax

(I know, okay, just groan politely)

MC

Jun 24, 2003, 11:33:46 AM6/24/03
In article <bd9pvi$smb$1$8300...@news.demon.co.uk>,
"felinasrojas" <j...@catzone.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> or maybe we could say deceased toupee wearers are No Longer Wearing The Wig?
>
> Jax
>
> (I know, okay, just groan politely)

I have to groan politely? But I laughed out loud and I can't take it
back!

Joe Gillis

Jun 24, 2003, 4:23:35 PM6/24/03

>>>Burt Reynolds, Tom Daschle, Trent Lott, Carol Channing, Tina
>>>Turner, Rip Torn and Frank Sinatra [used to].
>>
>>Ben Affleck, Liberace, William Shatner, Dolly Parton
>>

>Ted Danson.

Dan Abrams (MSNBC)
John Siegenthaler (MSNBC)
William Peterson (CSI)
Robin Williams
Tom Hanks
Michael Keaton
Sylvester Stallone
Peter Jennings
Chuck Norris
Paul Reiser
Albert Brooks
Richard Chamberlain
Stacy Keach
Elton John
Ricardo Montalban
Tony Bennett
Nathan Lane
Pauly Shore
Paul McCartney
Gene Simmons
Aaron Brown
Bill Gates
Vince Vaughan
Gordon Clapp
Carl Cameron (Fox News)
James Traficant (duh!)
John Kasich (Fox News)
Gabe Kaplan
Neil Diamond
Kevin Spacey
Rev Franklin Graham

"I don't mind lying, but I hate inaccuracy." -- Samuel Butler

DustBunny

Jun 24, 2003, 4:49:48 PM6/24/03

"Joe Gillis" <cinema...@aol.comedy> wrote in message
> William Peterson (CSI)

Say it ain't so!

> Peter Jennings

I don't think so -- you can see his bald spot when he turns his back to the
camera.

Evelyn

Aware1

Jun 24, 2003, 5:48:36 PM6/24/03
On 24 Jun 2003 20:23:35 GMT, cinema...@aol.comedy (Joe Gillis)
dented & constricted & squeezed out the following:

What about Ah-nuld, he doesn't wear a rug?

Katy

Jun 24, 2003, 6:20:55 PM6/24/03
Don't forget Jeremy Piven.

LILLIBUNNY

Jun 24, 2003, 6:42:50 PM6/24/03
Christopher Lee

Kris Baker

Jun 24, 2003, 6:54:38 PM6/24/03

> Oh, God -- I just had visions of the 23rd century version of the Mummy
> Road Show opening up tombs and finding skeletons with intact toupees
> sitting on the skulls.
>
> kassa

Imagine their confusion when they find skeletons with two clear
bags of gel on their chests.

Kris

Karen M

Jun 24, 2003, 8:48:36 PM6/24/03
In article <20030624162335...@mb-m07.aol.com>,
cinema...@aol.comedy (Joe Gillis) wrote:

> Elton John

Keepee clarification:It's a weave, not a toupee.

Karen

TPPBfan

Jun 24, 2003, 9:33:56 PM6/24/03
Gary Sinese

What is the thought process
To take a humans life
What would be the reason
To think that this is right
From heaven to Washington
From Jesus Christ to Washington

MC

Jun 24, 2003, 10:23:34 PM6/24/03
In article <imfhfvc8i0rpv93do...@4ax.com>,
edonline <edon...@comcast.net> wrote:

> >Paul McCartney
> >Gene Simmons
> >Aaron Brown
> >Bill Gates
> >Vince Vaughan
> >Gordon Clapp
> >Carl Cameron (Fox News)
> >James Traficant (duh!)
> >John Kasich (Fox News)
> >Gabe Kaplan
> >Neil Diamond
> >Kevin Spacey
> >Rev Franklin Graham
> >

> Any online photos of the above sans toupee?

Especially McCartney -- only because I find this one hard to believe.
Are we *sure* about it?

MickAugust

Jun 24, 2003, 11:15:26 PM6/24/03
I find Paul McCartney & Robin Williams hard to believe.
That Ben Affleck rumour is a bit hard to swallow too.

...But You can add: Steven Seagal

Kaiju

Jun 24, 2003, 11:23:17 PM6/24/03

Har! They probably will now...

Kaiju

--

No more fiendish punishment could be devised,
were such a thing physically possible,

-- William James

Kaiju

Jun 24, 2003, 11:25:30 PM6/24/03

And I'm thinking we have to use that one now...

Kaiju

Jun 25, 2003, 12:22:42 AM6/25/03

And S. Epatha Merkerson from Law and Order...

Tina

Jun 25, 2003, 12:35:25 AM6/25/03
<A HREF="mailto:cinema...@aol.comedy ">cinema...@aol.comedy </A> (Joe

MC wrote:
>Especially McCartney -- only because I find this one hard to believe.
>Are we *sure* about it?

I don't think he's wearing a wig either. It is obvious that he does dye his
hair though. Another one I question is Bill Gates. I"ve met him and his hair
looked pretty real to me. But he could use a good haircut - the 80's "do" isn't
working for him.

One actor I know wears a wig is Martin Landau.

LeeAZ

Jun 25, 2003, 2:45:06 AM6/25/03

>Oh, God -- I just had visions of the 23rd century version of the Mummy
>Road Show opening up tombs and finding skeletons with intact toupees
>sitting on the skulls.

>Oh, God -- I just had visions of the 23rd century version of the Mummy
>Road Show opening up tombs and finding skeletons with intact toupees
>sitting on the skulls.
>
>kassa

Actually, I think the original Star Trek series did an episode with them as
Tribbles.

--Lee

edonline

Jun 25, 2003, 9:44:11 AM6/25/03

"Katy" <kksk...@attbi.com> wrote in message
> Don't forget Jeremy Piven.

I don't think I've ever seen Jeremy Piven WITH hair...

--
"You people! If it hasn't been made into a movie, it's not worth
knowing about, is that it?"-- Metatron (Alan Rickman), DOGMA

MediumRaya

Jun 25, 2003, 12:14:51 PM6/25/03
micka...@aol.com (MickAugust) wrote in message news:<20030624231526...@mb-m21.aol.com>...

> I find Paul McCartney & Robin Williams hard to believe.
> That Ben Affleck rumour is a bit hard to swallow too.
>
> ...But You can add: Steven Seagal

DEFINITELY Ben Affleck. Paul Reiser.

vector

Jun 27, 2003, 11:34:44 PM6/27/03
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:55:36 GMT, Jolly Roger <jro...@gofish.com>
wrote:

>Name the celebrities who wear a toupee or a wig. I'll go first.
>
>Burt Reynolds, Tom Daschle, Trent Lott, Carol Channing, Tina
>Turner, Rip Torn and Frank Sinatra [used to].

Jay Leno?
Ted Kopell?
Howard Stern?
David Boreanaz??

---

Alice Echols

Jun 28, 2003, 11:30:54 AM6/28/03
fanf...@aol.comnojunk (Chris) wrote in message news:<20030624053741...@mb-m04.aol.com>...

> >Jolly Roger jro...@gofish.com writes:
>

> >Name the celebrities who wear a toupee or a wig. I'll go first.
> >
> >Burt Reynolds, Tom Daschle, Trent Lott, Carol Channing, Tina
> >Turner, Rip Torn and Frank Sinatra [used to].
>
> Ben Affleck, Liberace, William Shatner, Dolly Parton

What's your source on Mr. Affleck's baldness and phoniness ?

Tina

Jun 28, 2003, 8:30:27 PM6/28/03
>Jay Leno?
not a toupee

>Ted Kopell?
A BAD toupee at that. Surprised nobody mentioned another newscaster/bad toupee
wearer - Sam Donaldson

>Howard Stern?
not a toupee either...

>David Boreanaz??

AnthonyM1970

Jun 29, 2003, 2:14:08 AM6/29/03
Ben Affleck
The one dude from Brooks and Dunn
Rip Taylor

Lorraine

Jun 29, 2003, 8:10:45 AM6/29/03
Ted Danson

vector

Jun 29, 2003, 11:46:38 PM6/29/03
Justin Guarini?

Logikal1

Feb 6, 2015, 10:27:31 PM2/6/15
Jay Leno's a definite NO- that mop's all real. Impossible to fake the gradual whitening of that hair night after night for 22 yrs (Workaholic Leno had just ONE guest host while doing "The Tonight Show") from a single white streak (he often teased it wasn't hair but a skunk stuck up top) to a fully white head of hair without it being noticed.

David Boreanaz is an absolute YES - he's worn one for years. IMHO His stylist & the lighting techs on "Bones" should be fired for their lousy work hiding it, too. Notice the front edge where the hairline's perfectly even & whenever Boreanaz wrinkles his forehead the hair never moves & the skin slides under the rug.

After 2009 there's increasing proof of D.B's hairpiece(s), such as episode 196 'Diamond in the Rough"(1-14-2013) where he's romantically ballroom dancing w/his wife Temperance & as he twirls under the lights the outline of the toupee is clearly seen. He's still great-looking, regardless!

Another actor who wore a 'piece' for many years (til the 'cue ball cut' became popular, then he simply shaved his head) was Michael Ansara. In'51 you see him playing a bad guy in 'The Lone Ranger' & one can see he's got male-pattern baldness well underway. After 'Cochise' the parts he won were for characters with thick hair i.e. 'Khan' in "Star Trek" so his real hair wasn't an issue.

Can we add 'The Duke of Weselton' from Disney's "Frozen"? Love the scenes of his toupee flopping about! I think it's one of the few times it's been deliberately added to animation art. LOL