Daryl Hannah/Jackson Browne beating

lori

Sep 3, 2001, 10:17:16 PM9/3/01
I know this occured in 1992, but what is the exact story on the Jackson
Browne/Daryl Hannah altercation? I have read that he hit her first and other
reports say she hit him first. I have checked the web and not found much
that was definitive. What started the fight and what really happened?

Lisa

Sep 3, 2001, 10:35:04 PM9/3/01

Was he jealous of her seeing JFK Jr.? I always liked jackson Browne,
i found it hard to believe he beat her, but i saw pics of her looking
beat up. He always seemed like a sensitive male type. His wife
killed herself in 1976 IIRC, I think because he was going to divorce
her or something. who is his keeper, maybe they know?
--
Lisa

Stacey

Sep 4, 2001, 11:17:03 AM9/4/01
<<I know this occured in 1992, but what is the exact story on the
Jackson Browne/Daryl Hannah altercation?>>

I am posting two letters in response to this question, both written to
US magazine a few months after the incident. I am also posting a bit
of a TV interview with John Kennedy, Jr. The letters and interview
were posted to the Jackson Browne mailing list on Yahoo Groups, so
they are third generation, so to speak.

************

I am Haskell Wexler, Daryl Hannah's uncle. I am, also, a longtime
friend of Jackson Browne and admirer of his artistry. I am no longer
his friend.

Jackson beat Daryl in September 1992. I was with her in the hospital,
I saw the ugly black bruises on her eye and chin and on her ribs. The
examining doctor reported she had blood in her urine. The doctor was
shocked by the severity and noted Daryl as "a badly battered woman." I
photographed her at the hospital.

It could be that nobody cares about objective truth anymore. Jackson
is a "good guy," and good guys don't beat women. Yes, it is hard to
listen to Jackson and believe he has a hidden side of violence.

I saw the results of the last violent attack on my niece, and there is
no spin of fancy which will erase my shock and disdain for someone who
would beat her up.

Haskell Wexler, Santa Monica, CA

*******************

(Jackson Browne asked to respond with two letters. One general
response and one addressed specifically to Mr. Wexler.)

It appears that Haskell Wexler has taken exception to your having
printed my assertion that much that was said about this affair in the
tabloids and in the media is untrue. Particularly that the police came
to our house and I sent them away without their having spoken to
Daryl. Further, Fred Schruers actually checked it out with the police,
and that's more than the other writers that I made the same assertion
to were able to do. Here is a statement made by Lt. John Miehle of
the Santa Monica Police Department in November 1992:

"The Santa Monica Police Department went to the house where Jackson
Browne lives regarding a possible disturbance. We resolved the
situation in about five minutes. There was never any assault. There
are no charges pending and no prosecution sought by or intended by the
District Attorney. It is this department's intention that no citizen,
regardless of who she is, suffer any kind of abuse, whether it be
domestic violence or any other kind of assault. But in this case,
absolutely no assault occurred. Our investigators tell us nothing
happened. Nobody has even alleged that Daryl Hannah was even touched.
If they had, we'd be investigating. We're not hiding anything. The
press is trying to make more out of this than there really is, and
it's unfair, not just to Browne, but to us. We did our job, and
repeat, no crime occurred here. This whole thing is ridiculous."

Dear Haskell,

I agree that we are no longer friends. A friend would never do what
you have done. You have believed the worst about me and not allowed me
the opportunity to defend myself. What's more, you have participated
in a attack on my reputation and character in which many untrue things
have been said, some of which I think you must certainly know are
untrue, and added your incorrect but very damning assumptions to them.

I tried to reach you, but you would not return my call. I wish you
had. It would not have been necessary to answer you publicly now.
Obviously you believe what Daryl has told you. Perhaps you think Daryl
has been generous in not pressing charges of battery. But there is a
very good reason she did not press charges. If there was a trial, I
would be able to defend myself in court, and the police who came to
the house and intervened would testify to what they saw there. By her
not pressing charges, the entire description of events has taken place
in the media, where anything can be said and nothing has to be proven.

Your letter states that I beat Daryl. I did not. You describe seeing
her injuries. I suggest that you allow me to describe Daryl's actions
to you and then judge for yourself as to how those injuries may have
occurred. I repeat: I did not beat her.

I have no desire to expose Daryl to public scrutiny in this matter. I
have avoided describing her actions or characterizing her behavior so
far. It has been hard. I would have preferred to talk to you a year
ago. Basically, I believe that Daryl has a right to the support and
belief of her family and friends. However, you leave me no choice but
to respond to your public accusations.

Jackson Browne

*********************

JFK, Jr. Interview
The interview was a television interview just before or at the time of
George magazine's launch; the date on the tape says Nov. 96.

The interviewer brings up Daryl. He calls it a "queer
relationship...off and on. She was involved at one point...involved
elsewhere." He kind of smiles.

The interviewer asks about Jackson Browne and Kennedy says, "I like
him. I like his music. He seems nice enough." She asks if he thinks
"it" happened, and he says, "It? You mean do I think he um, hit her?
No. I think he probably wanted to, and she knew that. She has that
effect at times." He seems to consider, then says, "Daryl sometimes
exaggerates things...she gets an idea...Daryl is more complex than you
might think. And I think there was a lot of family pressure, about
Jackson...not his age, just...the families know each other. And I
think she felt pressure about the way she...they had problems, and I
think some of her family was upset by that. And she felt she had to
say certain things to not be blamed for the problems. She got stuck
in it, and then had to carry it on."

The interviewer than asks if he means he thinks Daryl lied, and he
says, "I don't want to give the impression she does that, but...yes.
I think it got out of hand on her, and now she is stuck with it. He is
stuck too, which is sad. But I wasn't there and I don't know for
sure. Could he have done it?" He shrugged. "Could she make you want
to hit her? Yes. But I'm sure I have made women want to hit me, to
be fair."

*********

I would suggest checking out Browne's album I'm Alive if you're really
interested in this subject. Many of the songs are about his
relationship with Hannah and it's just a great collection of songs
period.

Stacey

siena

Sep 4, 2001, 11:52:49 AM9/4/01
"Stacey" <cjb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> <<I know this occured in 1992, but what is the exact story on
the
> Jackson Browne/Daryl Hannah altercation?>>
>
> I am posting two letters in response to this question, both
written to
> US magazine a few months after the incident. I am also posting
a bit
> of a TV interview with John Kennedy, Jr. The letters and
interview
> were posted to the Jackson Browne mailing list on Yahoo Groups,
so
> they are third generation, so to speak.

<snip of a very good response>

When I was in high school a girl at my school in Los Angeles died
in a car wreck. She was a huge Jackson Browne fan. We held a
memorial for her and for the days preceding it, her friends left
messages on his car, in his mail box, etc. because she had left
him something in her "will". The day of the memorial, I was
walking to the auditorium and there was this guy and his guitar.
He had written her a song and wanted to sing it at the memorial.

I'll never forget that day, I'll never forget the comfort he
brought a lot of people with his wonderful words for her and I
will always think that he is one of the good guys in this brutal
word.

Cristina

Ravena

Sep 4, 2001, 12:44:41 PM9/4/01
Ahhh. You have to be careful of those sensitive types. They seldom lose
their temper but when they do...

Anyway, didn't he or his friends vehemently deny this. But Hannah was beat
up. So, I wonder if it wasn't him, who was it? I really think it was
Browne. It's amazing how many people who don't come across as beaters
really are.

Didn't Browne also have an affair with a much older woman way back early in
his career? I keep thinking it was Nico. I hope not!

"Lisa" <la...@home.com> wrote in message

VA Regis

Sep 4, 2001, 2:05:10 PM9/4/01
he had affair with judy collins - and now they are mortal enemies (i don't know
why tho)...Nico was not that much older than him - just a couple of years.

Bill

Sep 4, 2001, 2:08:46 PM9/4/01

VA Regis wrote:

> he had affair with judy collins - and now they are mortal enemies (i don't know
> why tho)...Nico was not that much older than him - just a couple of years.

He did have an affair with Nico as well. I think there is at least one
of his songs on Chelsea Girl.

Bill

Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 2:42:51 PM9/4/01
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:44:41 -0400, "Ravena" <rav...@amexol.net> wrote:

>Anyway, didn't he or his friends vehemently deny this. But Hannah was beat
>up. So, I wonder if it wasn't him, who was it? I really think it was
>Browne. It's amazing how many people who don't come across as beaters
>really are.

I know Don Henley defended him. I saw her, she did look beaten. And
not one of those "fell down" looks either.
--
Lisa

Ravena

Sep 4, 2001, 3:30:24 PM9/4/01
Which brings me to the point. If Hannah was beaten and no one's really
saying she wasn't. She was. Then who did the beating if it wasn't Browne?
I suppose it's the same person who killed O.J.'s wife?

"Lisa" <la...@home.com> wrote in message

James D. Woodside

Sep 5, 2001, 3:31:34 AM9/5/01
Who is Nico???

Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 3:50:35 PM9/4/01
On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 03:31:34 -0400, "James D. Woodside"
<wood...@mitre.org> wrote:

>Who is Nico???

She was in The Velvet underground, IIRC. She was a German model, and
a singer/songwriter. In fact, someone had a wav or MP3 of a poem
Jackson Browne wrote and recited at Nico's funeral. I'll have to see
if i can find that link again. He sent it to me because I said I
didn't like poetry, and he sent it to me, and i liked it.
--
Lisa

Billie

Sep 4, 2001, 4:09:34 PM9/4/01
RAVENA wrote:

>Which brings me to the point. If Hannah was beaten and no one's really
>saying she wasn't. She was. Then who did the beating if it wasn't Browne?
>I suppose it's the same person who killed O.J.'s wife?

They could have been self-inflicted injuries...or injuries brought on during a
temper tantrum.

Billie

"STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"

AGC FAQ and FUN STUFF
http://members.aol.com/pusssykatt/agcfaq.html
BLIND ITEM REHASH:
http://members.aol.com/agcgossipqueen/mainpage.html

Sara

Sep 4, 2001, 4:41:43 PM9/4/01

Billie wrote:

> RAVENA wrote:
>
> >Which brings me to the point. If Hannah was beaten and no one's really
> >saying she wasn't. She was. Then who did the beating if it wasn't Browne?
> >I suppose it's the same person who killed O.J.'s wife?
>
> They could have been self-inflicted injuries...or injuries brought on during a
> temper tantrum.
>
> Billie

Or injuries sustained in a barrom brawl or by picking up some wierdo.
Maybe Jackson Browne is actually protecting her reputation by just
denying it was him, but not revealing the entire truth. I realize it
sounds farfetched, but I had a friend--a very nice and respectable
guy--who was horrified to discover that the sweet girl he thought he
married was actually a drug addict who stayed out all night and came
home with black eyes. She hid her habits very well.

Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 4:47:36 PM9/4/01
On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 20:41:43 GMT, Sara <sfrans...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

Maybe JFK Jr. did it. Just kidding. I really like Jackson Browne, and
don't want to think it was him. It seems very out of character, but I
guess that is a problem many battered people face, people saying "they
couldn't have done it, that's so unlike him/her" same with child
molestors, etc.
--
Lisa

Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 5:28:53 PM9/4/01
On 04 Sep 2001 21:09:28 GMT, pusss...@aol.com (Billie ) wrote:

>It seems though that Daryl is the only one saying he did it...JFK Jr. doesn't
>think he did, the police don't think he did and he says he didn't. Sounds like
>she has quite an imagination to me...and also used it as a means of landing JFK
>Jr.
>
>Billie

If i were a guy, and thought some woman lied about some guy beating
her, I wouldn't have anything to do with her, thinking she'd do the
same to me. It's not like JFK Jr. was desperate for women, and Daryl
Hannah not that great IMO.

>lisa wrote:
>
>>Maybe JFK Jr. did it. Just kidding. I really like Jackson Browne, and
>>don't want to think it was him. It seems very out of character, but I
>>guess that is a problem many battered people face, people saying "they
>>couldn't have done it, that's so unlike him/her" same with child
>>molestors, etc.
>>--
>>Lisa
>>

>"STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"
>
>AGC FAQ and FUN STUFF
>http://members.aol.com/pusssykatt/agcfaq.html
>BLIND ITEM REHASH:
>http://members.aol.com/agcgossipqueen/mainpage.html

--
Lisa

Billie

Sep 4, 2001, 5:09:28 PM9/4/01

lisa wrote:

>Maybe JFK Jr. did it. Just kidding. I really like Jackson Browne, and
>don't want to think it was him. It seems very out of character, but I
>guess that is a problem many battered people face, people saying "they
>couldn't have done it, that's so unlike him/her" same with child
>molestors, etc.
>--
>Lisa

"STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"

Jeannie

Sep 4, 2001, 6:10:35 PM9/4/01
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:17:16 -0700, "lori" <ti...@hughes.net> wrote:

I thought that Jackson Browne and Darryl Hannah got back together
after the final breakup with JFK Jr. Am I remembering correctly, or
was it just tabloid trash?

Jeannie

Billie

Sep 4, 2001, 6:10:18 PM9/4/01
Well JFK Jr. did eventually dump her.

Billie

Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 6:12:50 PM9/4/01
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:17:16 -0700, "lori" <ti...@hughes.net> wrote:

Here is an article I found that you may find interesting. Jackson
thinks a song Joni Mitchell wrote is about him beating Hannah.

http://www.jmdl.com/articles/docs/971021ne.cfm

Former lovers and legendary rockers Jackson Browne and Joni Mitchell
are locked in a bitter battle about an explosive song Mitchell penned
for her "Turbulent Indigo" album.

Jackson says Joni's song "Not to Blame" is a vicious and unwarranted
attack on him-written after Browne's ex-girlfriend Daryl Hannah
accused him of beating her in 1992.

"They say you hit the girl you love the most," go the lyrics, which
chastise, "Your charitable acts seem out of place/With the beauty with
your fist marks on her face."

Mitchell never explicitly states the song is about Browne... but
Browne is convinced it is.

Joni was busy in the recording studio and would not comment publicly
on the song. But she told a friend: "Jackson thinks everything has to
do with him. He needs to get life."

The rock heartthrob-who told an interviewer that Mitchell twice
attacked him physically-called her song "100 percent wrong" and added:
"She's not really well."

...But Ghetto kids are singing his praises

Jackson Browne may be a heel in the eyes of Joni Mitchell, but he's a
hero to inner-city kids.

For the last two years, the folk-rock star has "adopted" the Hamilton
High School Choir in Los Angeles. He counsels the teens, performs with
them and helps them raise scholarship money through concerts and
record sales.

What's more, thanks to Browne, every choir member who graduated last
year is now attending college, even though many are from broken homes
or were victims of abuse- and some even attempted suicide.

"Jackson Browne has literally saved the lives of many kids in the
choir," said Evelyn Mahmud, a spokeswoman for the school.

"He has gone into their homes, interacting with their families and
becoming a part of their lives.

"He's an inspiration."

And the students aren't the only ones celebrating this musical
collaboration.

Jackson told a friend, "Seeing the kids accomplish their goals and go
on to brighter futures has enriched my own life and music. This is
pure pleasure, pure friendship."

--
Lisa

maryanne kehoe

Sep 4, 2001, 6:20:22 PM9/4/01
>They could have been self-inflicted injuries

But after one of the beatings, she had called JFK, Jr. who was told
(according to the tabloids) that Browne had beat her and it was John
John that wanted her to prosecute but Daryl declined.

maryanne kehoe

Sep 4, 2001, 7:35:15 PM9/4/01
>i found it hard to believe he beat her

But wasn't Jackson accused of abuse by another ex-girlfriend not long
after the incident with Daryl?

Jools

Sep 4, 2001, 8:08:04 PM9/4/01
There was an interesting thread about DH, JB and JFK Jr. in this newsgroup
back in Feb. 1999. If you do a search at groups.google.com for 'Subject:
Darryl Hannah on Leno,' you can read it.

Someone called Marcella claimed that:
----
I have a bit of a connection to her; my old masseuse was also Darryl's,
Darryls' sister and Darryl's mothers masseuse. He always told me she's
not as dumb as she comes off, has an incredible body, told me some
choice anecdotes about JFK Jr., DH and Jackson Browne and JB is not all
to blame in the "abuse" missive that happened years ago. IMO she's a
piece of work and can't act herself out of an imaginary bag.
But I don't want to sound to harsh. ; )
-----
Then, later she gave more details:
-----
Well, DH was knocking privates with JFK Jr way way
before her father died. If anyone recalls the "hitting" incident of
Brown towards DH (as she most prominently showed up at her fathers
beside with a black eye and didn't try to hide it from the media which
upset her father greatly as you all can imagine) it was becasue she
asked JB not to come to her family home during her fathers illness and
subsequent death. JB found out that he wasn't invited (mind you, they
had been in a 10 year relationship and DH did not want to marry him
after he had proposed numerous times, they had MUCHO property and
communal possessions too that had to be sold and arbitrated after their
official split up about 3-4 years ago). Knowing what I do about
subsequent and prior relationships that JB has had, I find him and kind
an gentle soul and I know he was deeply hurt by this final indiscretion
by DH.
JB wasn't invited because JFK jr was there and everywhere. JFK and DH's
father were close chums. DH's father was one of JFK's speech writers
during the camelot years and contrary to what the tabloids have printed,
Jackie O and DH's mother were friends and Jackie O did like DH. AFAIK
she didn't approve nor disapprove of DH for JFK jr. DH was very very
prone to cheating on JB and JFK Jr. was not the first indiscretion in
that relationship. I don't condone hitting anyone but DH is not a small
women; in fact, she's quite big. JB is small actually (met him) and she
threw the first punch as well as furniture, vases, etc. at that time
(anger over illness of father, frustrated at JB's "possessiveness" and
her "secret" relationship with JFK jr.). Also, JB found out about the
relationship of DH and JFK Jr. through the tabloids and friends. IMO,
that whole thing was very bad juju for DH in every respect. JFK jr. and
DH ended up having a 2.5 year relationship and yes, my masseure did work
on JFK jr. at the same time I was employing him to work on me. My
masseure said he could understand the "chemistry" between JFK jr. and DH
and in a lot of ways the emotional bond but he thought that
intellectually they were not compatible. And yes, he quesitoned the
"sexuality" of JFK jr. He was to the conclusion that JFK jr was most
likely swinging both ways. DH and JFK jr. broke up because of her
ambivilance about him becasue she kept having some kind of relationship
with JB. Everythign ended up ending quite bad for DH who sold everything
in California and bought some property in colorado where she now lives.
She also said on the Leno interview that she is afraid of planes becasue
she thinks hurling through space very quickly in a tin shell is very
unnatural but she likes race car driving. What??? dumb dumb dumb of
which Leno pointed that out to her. She supposedly developed a "game" a
few years back and I don't know how it did. Anyone? Everything I've seen
of her, IMO, she's not the sharpest crayon in the box.
Did I explain all that well?
-----
Jools

Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 8:16:51 PM9/4/01
On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 17:08:04 -0700, jo...@nospam.invalid (Jools)
wrote:

>JB is small actually (met him) and she
>threw the first punch as well as furniture, vases, etc. at that time
>(anger over illness of father, frustrated at JB's "possessiveness" and
>her "secret" relationship with JFK jr.). Also, JB found out about the
>relationship of DH and JFK Jr. through the tabloids and friends.

Thanks for posting this. I can believe this is the way it happened. I
know JB is small, I know someone who met him, and they said the same,
plus i've seen him in concert close a few times and he looked small.
--
Lisa

Kimberley Berry

Sep 4, 2001, 9:21:33 PM9/4/01
On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 22:12:50 GMT, Lisa <la...@home.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:17:16 -0700, "lori" <ti...@hughes.net> wrote:
>
>>I know this occured in 1992, but what is the exact story on the Jackson
>>

>Former lovers and legendary rockers Jackson Browne and Joni Mitchell
>are locked in a bitter battle about an explosive song Mitchell penned
>for her "Turbulent Indigo" album.

Damn, who WASN'T he involved with?
Didn't his first (only?) wife commit suicide too? I guess there's a
reason why he writes those depressing songs.
Those sensitive singer-songwriter types give me the creeps.

Kimberley Berry

Sep 4, 2001, 9:24:42 PM9/4/01
Don't let size fool you. It's the little guys with the Napoleon
complexes who are the most dangerous. I'm not making light of the
situation when I say this, either.
Battering and abuse is no joke.

Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 9:39:29 PM9/4/01

In all fairness, who hasn't Joni Mitchell been with either? She too is
a "sensitive, singer-songwriter". You know the song "Going To
California" by Led Zeppelin? It was written about Mitchell IIRC. I
think Robert Plant had an affair with her too. So did most of Crosby,
Stills, Nash and Young.
--
Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 10:19:30 PM9/4/01
...because Jackie O told him to...

Rbeezer

Sep 4, 2001, 10:24:04 PM9/4/01
Yep. Both his wives committed suicide. After his second wife killed herself, my
SO cracked up and said 'Gee, do you think he's hard to live with?' I have no
problem believing he abused DH.

Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 11:03:16 PM9/4/01

His second wife Lynne killed herself too?
--
Lisa

Lisa

Sep 4, 2001, 11:06:48 PM9/4/01
On 05 Sep 2001 02:24:04 GMT, rbe...@aol.comdontdoit (Rbeezer) wrote:

This is interesting I didn't know he was married, to someone named
Roberta (as of last year) and was stalked. He has had an intersting
life to say the least:

http://www.apbnews.com/media/celebnews/2000/05/25/browne0525_01.html

Jackson Browne: Stalker Threatened Death
47-Year-Old Woman Arraigned on Felony Charges in California
May 25, 2000

By Christian Boone

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (APBnews.com) -- Yet another popular singer has
alleged harassment from a stalker, the second such incident in a week.

Jackson Browne, a chart-topping singer/songwriter who rose to fame in
the early 1970s, said he is in "fear for his safety," and has been
"repeatedly stalked, followed and harassed" by Roberta Catherine Rasp,
47, who pleaded not guilty Wednesday to five felony charges.

Related Stories:

Woman Pleads Not Guilty to Stalking Axl Rose

Man Arrested for Stalking Linda Ronstadt

Accused Christina Applegate Stalker Arrested

Madonna's Stalker Threat: Real or Hype?

The Stalking of the Stars

Tabloid Photog Released in Streisand Incident

Brad Pitt Stalker Returns to Court

Ashley Judd Stalker Gets Probation

Rasp was arrested a month ago today outside the musician's recording
studio; Browne accuses Rasp of threatening to kill and extort money
from both him and his wife, also named Roberta.

Guns N' Roses case

According to a complaint filed by the troubadour of such songs as
"Running on Empty," Rasp had been stalking and trying to extort money
from Browne since last November. His spouse charges that Rasp began
stalking her in January.

In another case, Karen McNeil, 39, was arrested last week outside the
Malibu home of Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose. McNeil is due in court
May 31 to answer a charge of disobeying a court order prohibiting
contact with Rose.

Rasp is scheduled back in court June 5 to answer two counts of
stalking, two counts of making terrorist threats and one charge of
extortion. She is being held on $150,000 bail, which should facilitate
the judge's order that she have no personal contact with Browne and
not get within 500 yards of the couple.

'Prospect of execution'

The Brownes charge in the complaint that Rasp made a terrorist threat
April 25 that was "so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate and
specific as to convey a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect
of execution." More succinctly, Rasp allegedly threatened to kill
them, as was revealed in court Wednesday.

Rasp faces up to 15 years in prison, as each charge carries a maximum
sentence of three years.

--
Lisa

Ravena

Sep 5, 2001, 12:34:18 AM9/5/01
Who sent it to you. Jackson Browne?
You know him?

"Lisa" <la...@home.com> wrote in message

Ravena

Sep 5, 2001, 12:34:52 AM9/5/01
So much so that she had blood in her urine?

"Billie " <pusss...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ravena

Sep 5, 2001, 12:36:16 AM9/5/01
But what about that letter Daryl's uncle wrote? It's somewhere further up
this thread I think.

"Billie " <pusss...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ravena

Sep 5, 2001, 12:46:47 AM9/5/01
Yeah but I guy can be all that and still be a closet abuser. You'd be
amazed. Some of the guys I know who are so passive and sensitive are fully
capable of turning violent. The thing is, is they cannot express anger
appropriately. Until it really builds up over time and then they just let
go. And it can be over a minor thing that finally sets it off, catching the
person who is abused off guard. I dated a guy who I knew after a time that
he was seething in anger but put on a "smiley face" each time and everyone
except those who knew him, bought it.

Some abusers do come across as very sweet, shy, and obliging *initially*.
Anger is a natural reaction and there are times when it's definitely
warranted. That's why I shy away from guys who have a hard time expressing
legitimate anger at appropriate times. They are walking time bombs in my
opinion. It's like someone who puts their hand inside an oven and doesn't
register pain at that moment. That's weird.

"Lisa" <la...@home.com> wrote in message

Lisa

Sep 5, 2001, 3:55:18 AM9/5/01
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 00:34:18 -0400, "Ravena" <rav...@amexol.net> wrote:

>Who sent it to you. Jackson Browne?
>You know him?

No, it says in my post "someone" had a wav file of the poem, not
Jackson Browne.

--
Lisa

Kimberley Berry

Sep 5, 2001, 7:30:30 AM9/5/01
Absolutely. That whole California folk-rock scene was pretty
incestuous, wasn't it? Everybody went with everybody!

Robert Plant? Maybe Jimmy Page who was a major fan :)

Lisa

Sep 5, 2001, 8:25:12 AM9/5/01
On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:30:30 GMT, lilmer...@earthlink.net
(Kimberley Berry) wrote:

>Absolutely. That whole California folk-rock scene was pretty
>incestuous, wasn't it? Everybody went with everybody!
>
>Robert Plant? Maybe Jimmy Page who was a major fan :)

maybe both ;-)

--
Lisa

Stacey

Sep 5, 2001, 12:45:31 PM9/5/01
Want to clarify a few points:

1. Browne has never been accused of any kind of beating by any of his
wives/girlfriends/whatevers, with the lone exception of Hannah. And
there have been many who could, presumably, come forward if such was
the case.

2. His first wife, Phyllis Major, committed suicide. No one has ever
suggested that he caused this in any way (if, indeed, others can ever
be the cause of a suicide). I've heard that he was on good terms with
Major's mother up until she (the mother) died. If you listened to any
of the songs he's written about his first wife, you can tell there's
guilt there, as I imagine there would be for a spouse left in that way
("Sleep's Dark and Silent Gate"). But he's also written forgiving
songs about her, especially one for his son ("The Only Child"), that
lead me to believe he didn't do anything to her that could be
described as a "cause" of the suicide. His regrets seem to be those
most of us have--not spending enough time with her, listening to her,
etc. It's no excuse, but remember that he was selling out everywhere
on tour and spending a lot of time away from home during this time
period.

3. His second wife is Lynne Sweeney. As far as I have heard, they are
on good terms and share custody of their son. I believe she now lives
in Australia with her current husband.

4. He is not currently married, no matter what one of the posted
articles says. It was incorrect. The last I heard is that he is in a
steady relationship with Dianna Cohen, an artist, and has been for
about the last seven years or so.

5. Yes, I am biased, being a JB fan. But I don't think anyone would
write a letter like he did if he was guilty of what the tabs said.
And the tabs were the only thing ever publicly accusing him of
anything. The police report did it for me--they investigated and
found nothing. Obviously there is more there, but DH doesn't want to
come forward with it because she'll not only be a nut, but a liar too.
And JB is too much of a gentleman to expose her to public ridicule.

Stacey

JazGrrrl

Sep 5, 2001, 1:28:34 PM9/5/01
>4. He is not currently married, no matter what one of the posted
>articles says. It was incorrect. The last I heard is that he is in a
>steady relationship with Dianna Cohen, an artist, and has been for
>about the last seven years or so.

Is this post Bonnie Raitt?

ishani

Sep 5, 2001, 3:36:30 PM9/5/01

JazGrrrl <jazg...@aol.com> wrote in message

Nah, Browne's publicist.

Dahliahh

Sep 5, 2001, 7:22:48 PM9/5/01
>So much so that she had blood in her urine?

Blood in the urine can come from many reasons. Usually urinary tract infections
are a primary cause of UTI's in women. Also sexually promiscous people (like
DH) are prone to them. Kidney stones, kidney infections, etc. are some of the
most common reasons for hematuria.
Major big deal that this two-timing bimbo had blood in her urine. That
peroxide manipulative twit isn't remotely as innocent as she leads the public
to be.

lori

Sep 5, 2001, 10:14:58 PM9/5/01
I was a victim of domestic abuse so I KNOW a man would NEVER admit to
beating
his woman. I believe Daryl Hannah was truly a victim of a severe beating. I
remember many of the tabloids having pictures of Daryl's very battered face
and other parts of her body.

If my experience with the police is any indication, they would not report
nor really help-out a domestic dispute, esp, back in 1992 and involving
celebrities. The spectulation about Daryl beating herself up is something
I find offensive. And besides, what profit is it there for her?

My Ex killed himself before he got to me. Ironically, I was cleaning out
his old CDs when I happened to find a very old Jackson Browne CD. I played
it and liked it so I bought more Jackson Browne CDs. However, at that time,
I did not remember what had happened in 1992. I asked my daughter about him
and she said she remembered the altercation and the pictures and they were
NOT pretty.

I wonder why it took Jackson Browne a whole year (if I read the posting
correctly) to respond to Wexler's letter. That tells me something...
As for Pyllis (his wife), I think she was just depressed over losing her
agent and becoming a pretty background to Jackson. She died in 1976 and
possibly she was a victim of his physical abuse also. I would
think that info is harder to come by because the event was so long ago.
No one will ever know for sure. From my online research, Daryl does not
feel comfortable about talking about her love life - and rightly so.
Based on all of the responses to my posting (thanks!) I can conclude that
Darly was truly a victim of a severe beating. Because of this, I am going
to toss my Jackson Browne CD collection.

Like Jackson Browne's public charity (image), my Ex came across as a
"do gooder" and all-around "nice guy". People did not know the truth about
my Ex until I told them. All were shocked.

Everything I have said here is of my own speculation and I no longer feel
comfortable owning his music.

Thanks to all on the 'Net for responding to my question!

Lori

Stacey wrote in message >I am posting two letters in response to this
question, both written to
>US magazine a few months after the incident. I am also posting a bit
>of a TV interview with John Kennedy, Jr. The letters and interview
>were posted to the Jackson Browne mailing list on Yahoo Groups, so
>they are third generation, so to speak.
>Jackson beat Daryl in September 1992. I was with her in the hospital,
>I saw the ugly black bruises on her eye and chin and on her ribs. The
>examining doctor reported she had blood in her urine. The doctor was
>shocked by the severity and noted Daryl as "a badly battered woman." I
>photographed her at the hospital.

siena

Sep 6, 2001, 3:40:46 AM9/6/01

"lori" <ti...@hughes.net> wrote in message

> I was a victim of domestic abuse so I KNOW a man would NEVER
admit to
> beating
> his woman. I believe Daryl Hannah was truly a victim of a
severe beating. I
> remember many of the tabloids having pictures of Daryl's very
battered face
> and other parts of her body.

> Based on all of the responses to my posting (thanks!) I can

conclude that
> Darly was truly a victim of a severe beating. Because of this,
I am going
> to toss my Jackson Browne CD collection.

Hell, don't toss them, pass them on to someone who doesn't
believe the gossip. One person said she was beaten. Only one.
Then there are the others, JFK Jr for example who pretty much
says she is looney.

Don't believe everything you hear just because it happened to you
in no way means that it happened to DH.

Billie

Sep 6, 2001, 9:39:55 AM9/6/01
I agree with that. Without remembering specifics whenever Daryl's name comes
up, 'weird' or 'strange' pops into my mind.

Billie

cnotme wrote:

>Hell, don't toss them, pass them on to someone who doesn't
>believe the gossip. One person said she was beaten. Only one.
>Then there are the others, JFK Jr for example who pretty much
>says she is looney.
>
>Don't believe everything you hear just because it happened to you
>in no way means that it happened to DH.

"STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"

Stacey

Sep 6, 2001, 10:45:51 AM9/6/01
"ishani" <ish...@iserv.net> wrote in message news:<R6vl7.8916$CO3.1...@e420r-atl1.usenetserver.com>...

This falls under the category "shouldn't believe everything you
read--especially if you're reading a tabloid." The Raitt story was a
made up tab story to explain her divorce (it was convenient--they'd
been on tour together, so I'm sure there were photos of them readily
available). He's known Bonnie for about 35 years--if they wanted to
be together romantically I suspect they'd have done it before now.

Stacey

mbria...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2014, 4:49:17 PM4/23/14
On Monday, September 3, 2001 10:29:50 PM UTC-4, lori wrote:
> I know this occured in 1992, but what is the exact story on the Jackson
> Browne/Daryl Hannah altercation? I have read that he hit her first and other
> reports say she hit him first. I have checked the web and not found much
> that was definitive. What started the fight and what really happened?

i do know that dh suffers from autism and more since her childhood. these people tend to withdrawl much more must take meds all thier lifes also i know jb has a challalanged younger sister. jackson brown was a strong drug abuser and admitted it went in for recovery many times where as darahl would have been more scared of harm, she was and still is a beauty

dbesol...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2014, 2:16:52 AM7/30/14
Thanks for the info on Jackson Browne!

tde...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2016, 4:13:12 PM2/7/16
Well lori, it is your prerogative to toss them but be aware that Daryl by her own admission suffers some sort of autism and you should hold off judgement on a man who has not been officially accused of anything. Only Daryl knows the truth - but i think she lied because otherwise she would have pursued the complaint instead of allowing it to go nowhere. She is not a defenseless person and a she has fame she could have made the issue stick - but likely let it fall because it was not true in the first place.

faze...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2016, 11:36:55 PM7/20/16
On Monday, September 3, 2001 at 8:17:16 PM UTC-6, lori wrote:
> I know this occured in 1992, but what is the exact story on the Jackson
> Browne/Daryl Hannah altercation? I have read that he hit her first and other
> reports say she hit him first. I have checked the web and not found much
> that was definitive. What started the fight and what really happened?

Only some pussy mama's boy hits a woman

bradle...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016, 3:48:07 PM8/10/16
Just so you know, men who beat their partners are very adept at hiding it. They may not have an aggressive bone in their bodies as far as other relations know. Not saying it happened, I wasn't there. I do know that those abused by a loved one often won't press charges!

lfreed...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2016, 9:17:26 PM9/3/16
My mother was abused by my father the cops never did anything there way of it she deserved it they laugh sometimes you gotta slap them around a little to keep them in line one said ugh disgusting. I met my first husband at a women's defensive class he was a third degree black belt. He beat me many times when I was pregnant and after yes I left he stalk me till I took him back in go back I was tired of him threatening my family then believe he help we do ok then he do it again his alcohol intake drugs he did made it worse I finally left when he beat me so bad I lost my second unborn child I finally stood my ground and kept strong and left him stayed away it took me 2 yrs to start dating longer to have a sexual relationship with a man but Noone believe he do that his parents always bailed him out say I was a liar found out his father did it to his mother too. But since I grew up on that abused family father abusing my mom it seemed like I lived it is guess that's what it's about but it's not I realized it later I got out I didn't want to have my daughter grow up that way.

anonymous

Nov 23, 2016, 3:14:25 AM11/23/16
On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 9:17:26 PM UTC-4, lfreed...@gmail.com wrote:
> My mother was abused by my father the cops never did anything there way of it she deserved it they laugh sometimes you gotta slap them around a little to keep them in line one said ugh disgusting. I met my first husband at a women's defensive class he was a third degree black belt. He beat me many times when I was pregnant and after yes I left he stalk me till I took him back in go back I was tired of him threatening my family then believe he help we do ok then he do it again his alcohol intake drugs he did made it worse I finally left when he beat me so bad I lost my second unborn child I finally stood my ground and kept strong and left him stayed away it took me 2 yrs to start dating longer to have a sexual relationship with a man but Noone believe he do that his parents always bailed him out say I was a liar found out his father did it to his mother too. But since I grew up on that abused family father abusing my mom it seemed like I lived it is guess that's what it's about but it's not I realized it later I got out I didn't want to have my daughter grow up that way.

That's terrible. I had two uncles try to molest me when I wasn't even a teenager. My father's brother showed me porno mags when I was 8 and told me he wanted "good treatment" from me. I just looked at him and left. My aunt's husband grabbed my crotch when I was sitting in his lap when I was nine years old. I jumped up, ran into the guest bedroom and grabbed my metal potholder loom and threatened him with it, told him I would kill him if he came any closer. Looking back the first one was weak and the second one knew I would wake up the dead screaming. I was lucky. Nevertheless, it scarred me for years. I'm not someone who believes in therapy, it works great for other people but not for me, so I worked my way through it over the decades. Bless you and your brave decisions!

chris.hughes2...@gtempaccount.com

Dec 18, 2016, 4:29:04 AM12/18/16
I think if Jackson's innocent, he should tell the truth. He'd no longer need to protect Daryl's reputation. How did she get those injuries, Jackson? (See my blog post, 'Jackson Browne and Daryl Hannah', https://soothfairy.wordpress.com/2015/03/29/jackson-browne-and-daryl-hannah. Not that I know anything!)

dr.rick...@sbcglobal.net

Jun 29, 2017, 11:55:22 AM6/29/17
It was all a fabrication. The detectives found. Absolutely no evidence of domestic abuse. She made it up allegedly to cover for an affair...JB suffered a significant career blow because of a borderline's lies...

maril...@yahoo.com

Mar 12, 2018, 9:06:03 PM3/12/18
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 4:29:04 AM UTC-5, chris.hughes2...@gtempaccount.com wrote:
> I think if Jackson's innocent, he should tell the truth. He'd no longer need to protect Daryl's reputation. How did she get those injuries, Jackson? (See my blog post, 'Jackson Browne and Daryl Hannah', https://soothfairy.wordpress.com/2015/03/29/jackson-browne-and-daryl-hannah. Not that I know anything!)

Lie. He would never drag Daryl's name through the mud, and if he explained what happened, that's exactly what would happen.

DML...@yahoo.com

Aug 3, 2019, 7:43:51 AM8/3/19
On Tuesday, September 4, 2001 at 1:47:36 PM UTC-7, Lisa wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 20:41:43 GMT, Sara <sfrans...@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Billie wrote:

> >> They could have been self-inflicted injuries...or injuries brought on during a
> >> temper tantrum.
> >>
> >> Billie
> >>
> >Or injuries sustained in a barrom brawl or by picking up some wierdo.
> >Maybe Jackson Browne is actually protecting her reputation by just
> >denying it was him, but not revealing the entire truth. I realize it
> >sounds farfetched, but I had a friend--a very nice and respectable
> >guy--who was horrified to discover that the sweet girl he thought he
> >married was actually a drug addict who stayed out all night and came
> >home with black eyes. She hid her habits very well.
>
> Maybe JFK Jr. did it. Just kidding. I really like Jackson Browne, and
> don't want to think it was him. It seems very out of character, but I
> guess that is a problem many battered people face, people saying "they
> couldn't have done it, that's so unlike him/her" same with child
> molestors, etc.
> --
> Lisa

I've read that JFK, Jr. had a terrible temper. Go back & read that interview where he said that Daryl could make one want to hit her. Hmmm. Interesting.

jimhu...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2019, 11:25:43 PM10/28/19
Message has been deleted