Wynonna Judd's estranged husband pleads guilty to child molestation charges

Mickey Murlin

Mar 14, 2009, 11:19:51 PM3/14/09
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/10/sketchy_gossipy_celebrity_crim.php

Sketchy Gossipy Celebrity Crime Item of the Evening: Wynona Judd's
ex-Husband Confesses to Child Molestation

Posted at 11:29 PM Oct 30, 2008

Dan Roach, age 51 was popped for child molestation charges over a year
ago, in March, 2007. His case probably wouldn't have been all that
notable were it not for the fact that at the time he was married to
Wynonna Judd.

After Dan's arrest, many jokes about classic subjects for country
songs were made, and Wynonna filed for divorce.

Tonight it is being reported that Dan Roach has not only confessed to
being a molester, he has pleaded guilty to a pair of felony charges of
attempted aggravated sexual battery on a minor.

ContactMusic.com's source for this info is the "American tabloid the
Globe," so I decided to just check a more straightforward source to
see for myself just what was up with old Dan Roach.

Turns out it's all true. A search of the inmate database for the
Davidson County Sheriff's Detention Facility reveals a record for one
Dan Robert Roach, age 51. Roach has been convicted of "aggravated
sexual battery" of a person under thirteen. His conviction date was
October 16, 2008. His sentence began on October 27. Roach was admitted
to the Davidson County facility on October 21.

Roach was sentenced to 10 years in jail, but he will only serve 90
days behind bars -- his projected release date will be in January of
next year. After his release he will have to register as a sex
offender, and any violation of probation will put Roach back inside
for the full 10.

Before it all crashed down around him, Dan Roach was Wynonna's
bodyguard. Then he became her road manager. The pair wed in 2003.
Their wedding reception was attended by the likes of Oprah, Bono,
Larry King and Garth Brooks.

It's only been 5 years, but it's certainly a long fall from hobnobbing
with Bono and Oprah at your wedding to being another middle-aged white
male in pod G-G1 at the medium security Metro Davidson County
Detention Facility.

riverg...@hotmail.com

Mar 15, 2009, 11:14:00 AM3/15/09
On Mar 14, 10:19 pm, mickey...@aol.com (Mickey Murlin) wrote:
> http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/10/sketchy_gossipy_celebrity_crim...

This story lacks a few facts, such as who? what? when? where? why?

Big J

Mar 15, 2009, 12:14:11 PM3/15/09
"riverg...@hotmail.com" <riverg...@hotmail.com> wrote in

Dija see the site where this article came from?
http://www.truecrimereport.com/

It's more a blog than anything else - not exactly the home of high-
quality journalism, IMO. <grin>

Big J

-----

riverg...@hotmail.com

Mar 15, 2009, 1:26:25 PM3/15/09
On Mar 15, 11:14 am, Big J <b...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Dija see the site where this article came from?http://www.truecrimereport.com/

> It's more a blog than anything else - not exactly the home of high-
> quality journalism, IMO. <grin>
>
> Big J

And it was dated Oct. 2008. Better late than never???

Kris Baker

Mar 15, 2009, 2:12:34 PM3/15/09
"Big J" <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> It's more a blog than anything else - not exactly the home of high-
> quality journalism, IMO. <grin>
>
> Big J
>
> -----

Snerk.

A child under 13, and "God will heal us". I guess the
child-victim didn't just pray as hard as the Judds do,
because the Judds "will get through it" and God let it
happen to the child. Damn those so-called Xtians.

How come *this* one's been so well-concealed?
Because they've successfully used variations of "D. R. Roach"
in various reports.

Here's one of the few legitimate stories I can find:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/27/entertainment/main2613335.shtml

(CBS) The husband of country singer Wynonna Judd was arrested March 22 in
Texas and charged with three counts of aggravated sexual battery on a child
under the age of 13, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Nashville Police
Department confirmed to The ShowBuzz on Tuesday.

In a post on her Web site Tuesday, Judd said she filed for divorce from her
estranged husband, D.R. Roach, citing irreconcilable differences, and named
the charges against him.

"I am obviously devastated. Our family will pull together, begin the healing
process and hopefully — by the Grace of God — become stronger. We will move
forward with our faith, family and our friends to find resolution to this
difficult situation," Judd said.

A spokesperson from the Taylor County Jail in Texas said that a warrant was
issued in Tennessee for Daniel Roach and that he's being held on $750,000
bond. The message on Judd's Web site said that Roach had been seeking
treatment for drug and alcohol addiction at the Shades of Hope Treatment
Center in Buffalo Gap, Texas, since Feb. 21, 2007.

The National Enquirer reports that Roach was arrested at the rehab center,
the same facility where Judd battled a food addiction a year ago.

Roach was Judd's longtime bodyguard before he married the singer in 2003.
Judd was previously married to Arch Kelley, they divorced in 1999 and have
two children, Elijah, 12, and Grace, 10.

In an interview with Ladies Home Journal last year, Judd revealed that she
was considering having more children with Roach.

"What the heck, I'm gonna see if I can, crazier things have happened. (My
daughter) Grace says, 'I'd like a black sister or brother' — she's around my
singers, and most of them are black — and I say, 'Be quiet and do your
homework.' But I do think I may adopt," she said.

Judd told the magazine that she kept her marriage on track with counseling.
"We do workshops and couples counseling. We've learned how to confront one
another, to say how we feel. We don't blame and shame. You claim what it is
you're upset about and you set it free," she said

The singer recently cohosted CMT's "Nashville Star" for its fourth season.
She performed at the BB&T Legends concert series in Louisville, Ky., over
the weekend.

riverg...@hotmail.com

Mar 15, 2009, 2:41:12 PM3/15/09
On Mar 15, 1:12 pm, "Kris Baker" <parallelcoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Big J" <b...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> > It's more a blog than anything else - not exactly the home of high-
> > quality journalism, IMO. <grin>
>
> > Big J
>
> > -----
>
> Snerk.
>
> A child under 13, and "God will heal us".   I guess the
> child-victim didn't just pray as hard as the Judds do,
> because the Judds "will get through it" and God let it
> happen to the child.   Damn those so-called Xtians.
>
> How come *this* one's been so well-concealed?
> Because they've successfully used variations of "D. R. Roach"
> in various reports.
>
> Here's one of the few legitimate stories I can find:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/27/entertainment/main2613335.s...

It really was very well concealed. And would it kill these Xtians to
admit--"I'm devastated, I don't know how I'll go on"? I think that
would be a normal reaction to your husband being thrown in the clink
for child molestation. I think a little blame and shame is called for.

Joseph Von Bluvens

Mar 15, 2009, 8:48:30 PM3/15/09
Kris Baker, anti-Christ moron, regurgitated this:

> Damn those so-called Xtians.

Joseph Von Bluvens

Mar 15, 2009, 8:50:28 PM3/15/09
rivergirl301, aka Lilith, expresses Satanic thoughts:

> ...kill these Xtians...

Don Hillen

Mar 15, 2009, 10:36:55 PM3/15/09
On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:14:00 -0700 (PDT), "riverg...@hotmail.com"
<riverg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

We don't need to know what kid he molested and how, perv!

teresa.m...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2018, 12:35:52 PM4/10/18

Miloch

Apr 10, 2018, 1:22:10 PM4/10/18
In article <7d10e857-c578-4f46...@googlegroups.com>,
teresa.m...@gmail.com says...

>On Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 11:19:51 PM UTC-4, Mickey Murlin wrote:
>> http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/10/sketchy_gossipy_celebrity_crim.php
>>
>> Sketchy Gossipy Celebrity Crime Item of the Evening: Wynona Judd's
>> ex-Husband Confesses to Child Molestation
>>
>> Posted at 11:29 PM Oct 30, 2008
>>
>> Dan Roach, age 51 was popped for child molestation charges over a year
>> ago, in March, 2007. His case probably wouldn't have been all that
>> notable were it not for the fact that at the time he was married to
>> Wynonna Judd.

Since this was posted about a decade ago, what's ole Daniel been doin' since?

coppin' more feels?...dead?...Cabinet Secretary in the Trump Administration?

*