Melissa Rivers' Husband Files For Divorce

Billie

May 30, 2002, 5:10:04 PM5/30/02
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The husband of red carpet fashion maven Melissa Rivers has
filed for divorce, according to court records.

John Endicott, who married Rivers, 34, in 1998, is seeking to dissolve the
marriage, citing irreconcilable differences, according May 24 Superior Court
filings.

The couple have a 1-year-old son named Edgar. Endicott seeks joint custody of
the child.

Rivers, the daughter of television personality Joan Rivers, is half of the
mother-daughter team covering celebrity style at Hollywood galas for E!
Entertainment Television.

"STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"

AGC FAQ and FUN STUFF:
http://www.dreamwater.net/agc/mainpages/agcfaq.html
BLIND ITEM REHASH:
http://www.dreamwater.net/agc/blinditems/mainpage.html

teerio

May 30, 2002, 7:54:21 PM5/30/02
On 30 May 2002 21:10:04 GMT, pusss...@aol.com (Billie ) wrote:

>LOS ANGELES (AP) - The husband of red carpet fashion maven Melissa Rivers has
>filed for divorce, according to court records.
>
>John Endicott, who married Rivers, 34, in 1998, is seeking to dissolve the
>marriage, citing irreconcilable differences, according May 24 Superior Court
>filings.
>
>The couple have a 1-year-old son named Edgar. Endicott seeks joint custody of
>the child.

Isn't their son named, or at least called, Cooper? I've never heard
reference he was named after Melissa's father.

Mids

May 30, 2002, 8:02:45 PM5/30/02
isn't Hollywood "protocol" that the woman files for divorce in order to not
"look bad?"

* * * * *~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * * * * *
Mids
My light shall be the moon and my path - the ocean . . . My guide the morning
star as I sail home to you . . .

Mark Mark

May 30, 2002, 10:07:53 PM5/30/02
Hell, she already has a 'dog face' just like her momma. She already
looks bad. LMAO!!!

Nojunk

May 30, 2002, 10:08:41 PM5/30/02
His full name is Edgar Cooper Endicott. They call him Cooper.
Oh, the useless info stuffed into my brain. ;O)

>>The couple have a 1-year-old son named Edgar. Endicott seeks joint custody
>of
>>the child.
>
>Isn't their son named, or at least called, Cooper? I've never heard
>reference he was named after Melissa's father.

{ Remember: You're unique just like everybody else.}
Sharyn-aka-Vaniti2001

ClooneySpice

May 31, 2002, 12:20:55 AM5/31/02
pusss...@aol.com (Billie ) wrote in message news:<20020530171004...@mb-fs.aol.com>...

> LOS ANGELES (AP) - The husband of red carpet fashion maven Melissa Rivers has
> filed for divorce, according to court records.
>
> John Endicott, who married Rivers, 34, in 1998, is seeking to dissolve the
> marriage, citing irreconcilable differences, according May 24 Superior Court
> filings.
>
> The couple have a 1-year-old son named Edgar. Endicott seeks joint custody of
> the child.
>
> Rivers, the daughter of television personality Joan Rivers, is half of the
> mother-daughter team covering celebrity style at Hollywood galas for E!
> Entertainment Television.
>
> "STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"

So, does he have to file against Melissa, or Melissa and Joan??

Cyn - Just wondering.....
Keeper of GTC and TR

darlene

May 31, 2002, 4:37:32 AM5/31/02
mido...@aol.comnospam (Mids) wrote in message news:<20020530200245...@mb-cn.aol.com>...

I wonder if this "protocol" applies if the man is the injured party?
Maybe the marriage was so horrible that he just wanted to get out and
forget about saving her reputation!

Sophie

May 31, 2002, 12:59:45 PM5/31/02
>So, does he have to file against Melissa, or Melissa and Joan??
>Cyn - Just wondering.....
>Keeper of GTC and TR

Lol. With Joan for a mother-in-law is *anyone* surprised they didn't last??

--
Sophie
See us at http://www.mcgehees.com

kassa

May 31, 2002, 12:51:59 PM5/31/02
Ma...@nom.com (Mark Mark) wrote in message news:<3cf6dac5...@news.compuserve.com>...

> Hell, she already has a 'dog face' just like her momma. She already
> looks bad. LMAO!!!

Joan was never a raging beauty, but she looked nice enough before she
started in with the plastic surgery. Melissa, on the other hand is just
plain PLAIN. Maybe in her case, surgery will help.

kassa

Message has been deleted

Parakeet

May 31, 2002, 4:55:14 PM5/31/02

"bethster" <la...@thelingers.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 31 May 2002 12:59:45 -0400, "Sophie" <fakea...@home.com>
> wrote:
>
> >>So, does he have to file against Melissa, or Melissa and Joan??
> >>Cyn - Just wondering.....
> >>Keeper of GTC and TR
> >
> >Lol. With Joan for a mother-in-law is *anyone* surprised they
didn't last??

> I'm anxiously awaiting his tell-all book.
>
> --bethster

I wonder if E! will do a tell all special from his point of view.

John Smith

May 31, 2002, 8:13:53 PM5/31/02

bethster wrote:

> On Fri, 31 May 2002 12:59:45 -0400, "Sophie" <fakea...@home.com>
> wrote:
>

> >>So, does he have to file against Melissa, or Melissa and Joan??
> >>Cyn - Just wondering.....
> >>Keeper of GTC and TR
> >
> >Lol. With Joan for a mother-in-law is *anyone* surprised they didn't last??
>

> I'm anxiously awaiting his tell-all book.
>
> --bethster

Or made-for-TV movie!

John

Her Highness The Pink Princess

May 31, 2002, 8:21:04 PM5/31/02

Or the transcript of the settlement on The Smoking Gun.

Reigning and Deigning

Pink Wishes
The Princess \^*^*^/

*The romance, history and beauty of Havencrest Castle is here, in a newly
edited, 2 hour, VHS "Centennial Edition", celebrating 100 years of luxury!
"It's like walking through a valentine!"
http://www.facemakersincorporated.com/havenmain.html

Karen

Jun 1, 2002, 6:42:20 PM6/1/02
>>So, does he have to file against Melissa, or Melissa and Joan??
>>Cyn - Just wondering.....
>>Keeper of GTC and TR
>
>Lol. With Joan for a mother-in-law is *anyone* surprised they didn't last??

I knew it would be over soon when Melissa did the red carpet thing for the
Emmy's or Oscar's or whater only one or two days after her father-in-law died.
I'm sorry but at a time like that, your place is with your spouse. Not ragging
on people's clothes on the red carpet.

KAR

Jun 1, 2002, 8:13:13 PM6/1/02
I hardly mean to camp with Joan and Melissa here, but there are very few
circumstances by which a performer misses their responsibilities both out of
contractual obligations but also out of the "show must go on" tradition.

If it had been Melissa's mother, for intance, we certainly would have had a
double treat (although you're also looking at a family in which the mothe's
return to stand-up was predicated on jokes about her husband's suicide).

From Irving Berlin:

You get word before the show has started
That your favorite uncle died at dawn.
Top of that, your maw and paw have parted
You're broken-hearted but you go on.

There's no people like show people
They smile when they are low, etc.etc.

Berlin didn't create the sentiment, he just wrote the song about it. I know
lots of stories about people going on despite whatever else happened.
Certainly the death or serious unexpected emergency with one's own parent,
spouse or (God forbid) child is a reason to cancel an obligation, otherwise,
most people really do go on.

"Karen" <mic...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

Karen

Jun 1, 2002, 10:55:11 PM6/1/02
>I hardly mean to camp with Joan and Melissa here, but there are very few
>circumstances by which a performer misses their responsibilities both out of
>contractual obligations but also out of the "show must go on" tradition.

IIRC, at the time, there was an announcement made by E! (or maybe it was Joan
announcing this) that Melissa would not be broadcasting due to her FIL's death.
Then that night she was there. To me, at least, it made it look like it was
Melissa's decision since the network had already made it's announcement. I'm
sure on M's part she might feel the "show must go on" but it's not like this is
Broadway or something. E! has about 6-8 pretty faces assigned to this hoo-hah
and I think they could handle M. being with her grieving husband. Again, this
just seemed like a signal to me that she made a choice between her family and
her career and she chose unwisely.

Chanda Lear

Jun 1, 2002, 11:21:15 PM6/1/02
I've always found it weird that Melissa
didn't mind just latching on to her Mother's
career. What a great contribution they are both making to Hollywood,
panning celeb
fashions. For once I'd like someone to
tell them both to fuck off "live on the red
carpet". The husband probably never "got any" cuz Melissa, like her
Mom, prefers
an intimate relationship with her mirror
instead. << meow >>

Jersey

ClooneySpice

Jun 3, 2002, 10:18:12 AM6/3/02
jerse...@webtv.net (Chanda Lear) wrote in message news:<15072-3CF...@storefull-2136.public.lawson.webtv.net>...

Did anyone catch the "Cannes Fashion Review"? The opening shot was of
Joan buying souveniers and then flipping off the store owner as she
left. This seems to be her "M O" as of late. That and going off into a
rant so she can drop the f-bomb on live TV.

Cyn - Psy-cho!