Who is Giada DeLaurentis father?

Saffron

Mar 27, 2007, 9:59:30 AM3/27/07
Italian film director Dino DeLaurentis is her maternal grandfather,
and she and her siblings carry their mother's maiden name. Does
anyone know the name of her father?

She was a sub-co-host on the Today Show and did a number of non-food
segments. It's clear that she's being groomed to move beyond the TV
cooking show milieu. Move over Rachel!

Kyle

Mar 27, 2007, 10:14:04 AM3/27/07

The problem is, the Food Network is turning Giada DeLaurentis *into*
Rachel. Seriously, she acts just like Rachel on that loopy new show
of hers; she pretends that every single bite of food she puts in her
mouth is perfection, rolls her eyes, feigns ecstasy, etc. It's a
matter of weeks before she's spouting "Yum-O!"

Roofshadow

Mar 27, 2007, 11:41:36 AM3/27/07
In article <1175004844.5...@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
"Kyle" <kyle...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I can't stand either of them - ugh.

And someone take that awful Paula woman away too - God is she obnoxious.

Food Network seems to be going out of their way to find the most
unlikable hostesses they can... it's unbelievable.

--
Roofshadow

AUK FNG

Kyle

Mar 27, 2007, 11:53:27 AM3/27/07
On Mar 27, 10:41 am, Roofshadow <Roofshadow2...@nospam.yahoo.com>
wrote:
> In article <1175004844.537517.224...@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

Paula Deen annoys the hell out of me, too. And there are plenty of
annoying male hosts (Bobby Flay) on the FN as well.

Roofshadow

Mar 27, 2007, 12:20:32 PM3/27/07
In article <1175010807.0...@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
"Kyle" <kyle...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'd rather watch Bobby than Paula any day!

--
Roofshadow

AUK FNG

scooter34

Mar 27, 2007, 12:36:17 PM3/27/07

>From Wikipedia:

"DeLaurentiis was born in Rome, Italy, the daughter of Veronica De
Laurentiis and Alex De Benedetti, and moved to Southern California
when she was seven."

Google - a wonderful thing.

scooter34

agcbli...@yahoo.com

Mar 27, 2007, 1:48:25 PM3/27/07
On Mar 27, 9:59 am, "Saffron" <fars...@juno.com> wrote:

I do watch Giada, but my favorite part of the show is the ending, when
she's feeding 'guests'...they always seem to not know her, or really
dislike her...I can almost imagine what they say when they leave...and
it ain't complimentary...lol.

Billie

Message has been deleted

gremmie99

Mar 27, 2007, 7:54:38 PM3/27/07
I'm not sure by the way the post was worded whether you thought Rachel
Ray was around longer or Giada DeLaurentiis. Giada DeLaurentiis (the
name has two "i"s in it, not a typo) has had her own show on the Food
Network since 2003. So, she has had her own show much longer than
Rachel Ray.

There are plenty of people who use different last names than what they
were born with in the entertainment industry. I don't think it has
anything to disrepecting her father. Plenty of famous people use the
more famous family name, change their names entirely, so it's not a
big deal. I happen to like her cooking show. The recipes aren't the
most complicated, but they do look yummy. And my family is Italian and
has a food company that you see in most stores (at least in
California). If I were to do a cooking show, or a cookbook (which I'd
like to one day) I would use the last name asscociated with these
products.

Jennifer

Podkayne Fries

Mar 27, 2007, 9:55:08 PM3/27/07

She scares me. Have you ever noticed that her smile never reaches
beyond her lips? Actually, she doesn't really smile; she bares her
teeth and grimaces. When she 'smiles', she looks as if she's
audutioning for a part in a new werewolf movie.

--
Regards, Podkayne Fries

Born to count beans.

Kyle

Mar 27, 2007, 9:08:55 PM3/27/07
On Mar 27, 8:55 pm, Podkayne Fries <PodkayneFr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 Mar 2007 06:59:30 -0700, "Saffron" <fars...@juno.com> wrote:
>
> >Italian film director Dino DeLaurentis is her maternal grandfather,
> >and she and her siblings carry their mother's maiden name. Does
> >anyone know the name of her father?
>
> >She was a sub-co-host on the Today Show and did a number of non-food
> >segments. It's clear that she's being groomed to move beyond the TV
> >cooking show milieu. Move over Rachel!
>
> She scares me. Have you ever noticed that her smile never reaches
> beyond her lips? Actually, she doesn't really smile; she bares her
> teeth and grimaces. When she 'smiles', she looks as if she's
> audutioning for a part in a new werewolf movie.

That was well-said. It's not a real smile. It's forced and
unnatural, and she does it WAY too often. It's obvious she's been
instructed to do it all the time.

Agent Smith

Mar 27, 2007, 10:11:19 PM3/27/07
"Kyle" <kyle...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1175044135.884431.115610
@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

They *all* do that on tv. If I had a nickel for evey phony smile I've
seen, I'd be Kind Fahd. And that's just this week.

Kyle

Mar 27, 2007, 11:41:18 PM3/27/07
On Mar 27, 9:11 pm, Agent Smith <agent-sm...@two-blocks-on-your-
left.com> wrote:
> "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1175044135.884431.115610
> seen, I'd be Kind Fahd. And that's just this week.- Hide quoted text -

Giada's a bit different, though. It's as if she's hooked up to a
remote-controlled device (handled by an FN executive) which sends an
electric shock through her system every few seconds, to which she has
been conditioned to respond with that forced grimace.

Agent Smith

Mar 27, 2007, 11:47:15 PM3/27/07
"Kyle" <kyle...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Mar 27, 9:11 pm, Agent Smith <agent-sm...@two-blocks-on-your-
> left.com> wrote:
>> "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1175044135.884431.115610
>> @b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

>> > That was well-said. It's not a real smile. It's forced and
>> > unnatural, and she does it WAY too often. It's obvious she's been
>> > instructed to do it all the time.
>>
>> They *all* do that on tv. If I had a nickel for evey phony smile

>> I've seen, I'd be King Fahd. And that's just this week.- Hide quoted
>> text
>

> Giada's a bit different, though. It's as if she's hooked up to a
> remote-controlled device (handled by an FN executive) which sends an
> electric shock through her system every few seconds, to which she has
> been conditioned to respond with that forced grimace.

She musta got a whiff of the Joker's laughing gas.

Roofshadow

Mar 28, 2007, 12:23:45 AM3/28/07
In article <1175053278.0...@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
"Kyle" <kyle...@yahoo.com> wrote:

When I first saw her name I misread it as "Giardia" (and wondered why on
Earth her parents would name her that... until I watched her some more)
and that's what I've called her ever since - it seems fitting somehow.

--
Roofshadow

AUK FNG

Spangliekins

Mar 28, 2007, 1:20:32 AM3/28/07
On Mar 27, 8:41 am, Roofshadow <Roofshadow2...@nospam.yahoo.com>

For once I have to *finally* nod my head and agree with something that
Roofie has shared with us. Paula Deen porky, obnoxious and headache
inducing. Rachel Ray is, too. Giada smiles way too much, but she
doesn't really bug me that much. She's alright. I tend to like (with
the exception of the obnoxiously egocentric Emeril Legasse) the male
chefs on Food Network more than the female ones. Ina Garten is
somewhat tolerable, I guess. Her husband seems pretty down to earth
and cool. Paula Deen's husband looks like he's Jerry Garcia's long
lost brother. Somebody get him a hairbrush.

S*Babykins

Claire

Mar 28, 2007, 8:58:52 AM3/28/07

"Kyle" <kyle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Turning Giada into Rachel would mean a breast reduction and inducing bell's
palsy so she could only talk using the left side of her mouth. Just sayin'

Kyle

Mar 28, 2007, 9:28:23 AM3/28/07
On Mar 28, 7:58 am, "Claire" <d...@sk.me> wrote:
> "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Giada is much better looking than Rachel, no one denies that.
Sometimes Giada's head seems disproportionately large. But then she
flaunts her breasts and all is forgiven.

Noel

Mar 28, 2007, 9:41:17 AM3/28/07
On Mar 28, 12:23 am, Roofshadow <Roofshadow2...@nospam.yahoo.com>
wrote:
> In article <1175053278.057346.247...@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,

> "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 27, 9:11 pm, Agent Smith <agent-sm...@two-blocks-on-your-
> > left.com> wrote:
> > > "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1175044135.884431.115610
> > > @b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

For those who are of a certain age group the following info maybe of
interest ...Her nannie was the italian sex symbol of the
50's ...Silvana Mangano..she was Italy's big star, prior to Sophia
Loren. In fact they both were in a movie "Gold of Naples', that made
Sophia a big star.

PUSSS...@aol.com

Mar 28, 2007, 10:14:27 AM3/28/07
My son always commented on how huge her head is...which it really
is...but I think she's just a lollipop girl.

Billie

Agent Smith

Mar 28, 2007, 10:14:39 AM3/28/07
"Noel" <harri...@aol.com> wrote in

>> > Giada's a bit different, though. It's as if she's hooked up to a
>> > remote-controlled device (handled by an FN executive) which sends
>> > an electric shock through her system every few seconds, to which
>> > she has been conditioned to respond with that forced grimace.
>>
>> When I first saw her name I misread it as "Giardia" (and wondered why
>> on Earth her parents would name her that... until I watched her some
>> more) and that's what I've called her ever since - it seems fitting
>> somehow.
>

> For those who are of a certain age group the following info maybe of
> interest ...Her nannie was the italian sex symbol of the
> 50's ...Silvana Mangano..she was Italy's big star, prior to Sophia
> Loren. In fact they both were in a movie "Gold of Naples', that made
> Sophia a big star.

Since when are big movie stars nannies to the great directors?

Roofshadow

Mar 28, 2007, 12:16:04 PM3/28/07
In article <1175059232.7...@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
"Spangliekins" <serene...@lycos.com> wrote:

The end of the world is near.

;)

Paula Deen porky, obnoxious and headache
> inducing.

Wow - you're much nicer than I am!

Awww... I like Emeril!

Ina Garten is
> somewhat tolerable, I guess. Her husband seems pretty down to earth
> and cool.

I haven't seen her.

I do like Nigella Lawson but I have to admit I've only seen her in
previews - I've never actually seen one of her shows.

Paula Deen's husband looks like he's Jerry Garcia's long
> lost brother. Somebody get him a hairbrush.

OMG... LOL!

I've never seen him but man what a mental picture!

--
Roofshadow

AUK FNG

deb.s...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2007, 1:35:54 PM3/28/07

I think that Silvan Mangano was married to Dino, so that would make
her Giada's grandmother. Nonnie is Italian for grandmother so that
may is explain the confusion!

deb

Gregory Morrow

Mar 28, 2007, 4:20:09 PM3/28/07

Podkayne Fries wrote:

That's why I call her "Giardia", e.g.:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/giardiasis/factsht_giardia.htm

"What is giardiasis?

Giardiasis (GEE-are-DYE-uh-sis) is a diarrheal illness caused by a
one-celled, microscopic parasite, Giardia intestinalis (also known as
Giardia lamblia). Once an animal or person has been infected with Giardia
intestinalis, the parasite lives in the intestine and is passed in the
stool. Because the parasite is protected by an outer shell, it can survive
outside the body and in the environment for long periods of time.

What are the symptoms of giardiasis?

Giardia infection can cause a variety of intestinal symptoms, which include:

Diarrhea
Gas or flatulence
Greasy stools that tend to float
Stomach cramps
Upset stomach or nausea.

These symptoms may lead to weight loss and dehydration. Some people with
giardiasis have no symptoms at all."

</>

Gregory Morrow

Mar 28, 2007, 4:22:16 PM3/28/07

Agent Smith wrote:

See my post below about the symptoms of giardiasis...

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow

Mar 28, 2007, 4:26:47 PM3/28/07

pusss...@aol.com :

> My son always commented on how huge her head is...which it really
> is...but I think she's just a lollipop girl.

The big head on the small body thang kinda reminds me of Joan Crawford,
people who met JC often commented that she had this big head on this tiny
body. Hard to see in most of her films because of the way she was shot, but
it sure shows in candids of her...

--
Best
Greg

PUSSS...@aol.com

Mar 29, 2007, 9:10:54 AM3/29/07
which is probably why she wore the huge shoulder pads...help her
balance herself...lol.

Billie