Taxi stars' bitter feud with Andy Kaufman

PUSSSYKATT

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
STAR MAGAZINE....

Andy Kaufman, who played befuddled immigrant Latka Gravas on Taxi, drove his
co-stars on the hit sitcom crazy with his outrageous behavior.
COMIC wildman Andy Kaufman was so disliked by his co-stars on Taxi that none of
them bothered to go to his funeral, according to a shocking new book.
Kaufman died of cancer a year after the show went off the air in 1984, but his
co-stars still simmered over his outrageous antics, according to author Bob
Zmuda, Kaufman's longtime friend and comedy co-writer, in Andy Kaufman
Revealed!
Amazingly, the Taxi cast's lingering bad feelings haven't stopped most of them
from appearing in a blockbuster new movie about Kaufman, starring Jim Carrey as
the manic genius. Judd Hirsch, Jeff Conaway and Marilu Henner will all star as
themselves in Man on the Moon, set to open on Christmas Day.
Zmuda reveals that Kaufman's problems with Hirsch began even before they
started taping when both discovered the other had been guaranteed he'd be the
show's prime star.
"Andy didn't care who got the billing, but it gnawed at Hirsch," Zmuda claims.
One clash happened, he recalls, when Kaufman appeared on the series as
foul-mouthed lounge lizard Tony Clifton. At the time it was planned he would
play a dual role -- Tony and Latka the mechanic.
Kaufman demanded that the rest of the cast call him Tony instead of Andy.
When "Tony" first delayed a rehearsal while two prostitutes serviced him in his
trailer -- and then changed Hirsch's lines during the run-through -- Hirsch
exploded.
" 'OK, that's it, this is bull****!' Hirsch bellowed," Zmuda writes.
" 'Either he leaves or I do!'
"Tony Danza ran off to get his super-8 camera, convinced a melee was about to
occur," recalls the author.
Another confrontation actually led to fisticuffs. one of the rare occasions
when Kaufman attended a cast party, Jeff Conaway started needling him.
"You think you're better than the rest of us, Kaufman?" Zmuda claims the
drunken Conaway blared at his co-star.
When Kaufman denied the charge, Conaway punched him, knocking him into a table
of hors d'oeuvres.
"From then on, Andy had a practical excuse for not showing at cast functions,"
writes Zmuda.
The author also gets a dig in at Marilu Henner for unexpectedly showing up at
the premiere of a movie Kaufman filmed shortly before his death.
"Some of the celebrities who had been so unsupportive in the past now came out
to support the dying man," Zmuda writes. "I wanted to scream at the top of my
lungs: 'You hypocrites. How dare you show up now?' "
Zmuda says the funnyman hated filming Taxi -- he agreed to do it only because
it gave him the financial freedom to pursue his wacky comic stunts. His first
contract stipulated that he'd appear on just 13 of the she's 22 episodes -- and
that he had to work only two days a week.
"Being excused from most of what was perceived as the normal workload created
some friction between Andy and the rest of the cast," Zmuda acknowledges.
"But Andy contracted for and devoted to Taxi exactly what he felt it required
of him - - no more, no less. His diminished presence was not the behavior of a
prima donna but rather was based on the precise calculation of an extremely
goal-driven man of how much of his time this particular project deserved."

SEND EMAIL TO PUSSS...@aol.com

Bob

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
Sounds like an arsehole to me.

Bob

In article <19990922095453...@ng-fp1.aol.com>,

Annie RUtahkn2Me

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99

>From: ro...@ratnest.demon.co.uk (Bob)

>Sounds like an arsehole to me.
>
>Bob

You can include me in the apparently small group of fans who became
increasingly annoyed and bored with Kaufman. My friends and I got sick of him.
We no longer found his humor to be funny. I guess we just weren't hip enough
to *get* him.

Now that Kaufman's become such a comedy icon, nobody will admit they didn't
find him a comedy genius while he was alive. As I remember, he became so
self-indulgent and egomaniacal that fans voted him off of show. Was it
Saturday Night Live?

AnnieRU
"And I am unanimous in that."
-Mrs. Slocombe- "Are You Being Served?"

nerdboy mikey

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
Annie RUtahkn2Me <rutah...@aol.com> wrote in message

> You can include me in the apparently small group of fans who became
> increasingly annoyed and bored with Kaufman. My friends and I got sick of
him.
> We no longer found his humor to be funny. I guess we just weren't hip
enough
> to *get* him.
>
> Now that Kaufman's become such a comedy icon, nobody will admit they
didn't
> find him a comedy genius while he was alive. As I remember, he became so
> self-indulgent and egomaniacal that fans voted him off of show. Was it
> Saturday Night Live?

Yes, it was SNL; I remember that show in particular. I never thought the
guy was funny, and am surprised to hear that he's become a comedy icon.

Wait, scratch that... Adam Sandler has become a comedy icon too, and I
don't think he's funny either. (well, he was funny on SNL, but his act gets
old after 5 minutes... to me, anyways)

mike
putting my 2 cents in

Annie RUtahkn2Me

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99

>From: ro...@ratnest.demon.co.uk (Bob)

>Sounds like an arsehole to me.
>
>Bob

You can include me in the apparently small group of fans who became
increasingly annoyed and bored with Kaufman. My friends and I got sick of him.
We no longer found his humor to be funny. I guess we just weren't hip enough
to *get* him.

Now that Kaufman's become such a comedy icon, nobody will admit they didn't
find him a comedy genius while he was alive. As I remember, he became so

self-indulgent and egomaniacal that fans voted him off a show. Was it
Saturday Night Live?

AnnieRU

gorj...@webtv.net

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
I'll admit Andy Kaufman was no comic genious.
He was irritating and obnoxious. Taxi was
one of my favorite tv shows, but when Kaufman
was on,I did not watch it. I could not stand
him for even 30 minutes.
But I did love Reverend Jim.

Melora

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99

nerdboy mikey <oooooo...@imtoosexy.com> wrote

> Yes, it was SNL; I remember that show in particular. I never thought the
> guy was funny, and am surprised to hear that he's become a comedy icon.

I remember he got voted out during the period that SNL was at
it's low point, during the time Lorne Michaels was not associated
with it. He was annoying at that point, but I thought it was pretty
hyprocritical to vote him off a show that sucked so much.

Melora

Elvis Presley the King of Rock&Roll

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
The first time I saw Andy Kaufman, I laughed till I thought I was gonna
puke...
After that, I just found him irritating...
However, may he rest in peace...

Mes1241998

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
He was never a cast member on saturday night live, just a host

AMYSA

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>He was never a cast member on saturday night live, just a host

he was a featured player, not a regular OR, iirc, a host.

still...no one "voted" anyone off the show. he appeared occasionally and then
he moved on.

i'm really interested in this book though...i've been looking forward to it for
quite awhile. good to see bob's dishing the dirt in it. :-)

amy
"I like having low self-esteem. It makes me feel special."--jane lane
come look at jon:
http://members.aol.com/amysa/jonstewart.html

AMYSA

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>Amazingly, the Taxi cast's lingering bad feelings haven't stopped most of
>them
>from appearing in a blockbuster new movie about Kaufman, starring Jim Carrey
>as
>the manic genius.

i don't think the bad feelings are still lingering. they've been appearing on
and at kauffman tribute shows for years now. it was inevitable that they would
participate in the movie as well.

>"Tony Danza ran off to get his super-8 camera, convinced a melee was about to
>occur," recalls the author.

wtf? tony the budding filmmaker? :-)

Font of All Important Info

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
On 23 Sep 1999 04:09:31 GMT, am...@aol.comasutra (AMYSA) felt
compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>>Amazingly, the Taxi cast's lingering bad feelings haven't stopped most of
>>them
>>from appearing in a blockbuster new movie about Kaufman, starring Jim Carrey
>>as
>>the manic genius.
>
>i don't think the bad feelings are still lingering. they've been appearing on
>and at kauffman tribute shows for years now. it was inevitable that they would
>participate in the movie as well.

i'm sure all the bad feelings wafted away on the wind caused by the
waving money in front of their faces...

--dez

....a pistol-hot cup of Dez...

"Chef of chicanery, your buns are mine!"
--the Tick

tonyc...@my-deja.com

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
ENOUGH ABOUT ANDY COUGHMAN!!

COUGHMAN IS EVIL!!

Consider God's Math:

A = 1x6 = 6
N = 14x6 = 84
D = 4x6 = 24
Y = 25x6 = 150

K = 11x6 = 66
A = 1x6 = 6
U = 21x6 = 126
F = 6x6 = 36
M = 13x6 = 78
A = 1x6 = 6
N = 14x6 = 84

6+84+24+150 = 264
66+6+126+36+78+6+84 = 402

264 + 402 = 666!!!

How could Andy Kaufman, who is best known to the public as TV's lovable
"Latka" on the series "Taxi", be the unholy spawn of Satan as predicted
in the Book of Revelation?

Skeptics will say that Andy Kaufman died in 1984, BUT there are quite a
few, including many of his close friends, who believe he FAKED HIS
DEATH!

Would not a son of Lucifer be as wily as his infernal father? Is the
Beast not described in Revelation 13:14 as skillfully deceptive?

As many have already discovered, New York will play a role in the Great
Tribulation:

N = 14x6 = 84
E = 5x6 = 30
W = 23x6 = 138

Y = 25x6 = 150
O = 15x6 = 90
R = 18x6 = 108
K = 11x6 = 66

84+30+138+150+90+108+66 = 666

Well, guess what? ANDY KAUFMAN WAS BORN AND SUPPOSEDLY "BURIED" IN NEW
YORK!

The film about Kaufman's life is directed by none other than Milos
Forman, whose previous film "The People vs. Larry Flynt" propped up a
wicked, atheist pornographer as a "hero" and shamefully debased upright,
God-fearing Christians such as Jerry Falwell and Charles Keating.
(Speaking of Falwell, he recently drew fire for predicting that the
Anti-Christ will be Jewish. Do I have to tell you what kind of name
"Kaufman" is?)

The title of the film, "Man On The Moon", named after a rock song by the
group R.E.M. that praised Kaufman (as well as Charles Darwin, who has
been responsible for leading countless numbers away from Christ with his
unproven "theory" of evolution).

And just which R.E.M. song has sold more than any other? "Losing My
Religion"!

I truly believe that the release of this satanic film will trigger the
events leading to Armageddon. The world will come to think of Andy
Kaufman as a misunderstood genius, and he will use the opportunity to
"rise" from the dead soon after. His growing popularity will lead to his
installment as the leader of an unholy alliance comprised of the World
Council of Churches, the Tri-Lateral Commission, the World Wrestling
Federation, the United Nations, and Comedy Central.

"What!?" you may ask. "THE UNITED NATIONS!?!" It is not as ludicrous as
it may sound. It is well-known that the UN has employed BLACK
HELICOPTERS in secret missions against this great country.

H = 8x6 = 48
E = 5x6 = 30
L = 12x6 = 72
I = 9x6 = 54
C = 3x6 = 18
O = 15x6 = 90
P = 16x6 = 96
T = 20x6 = 120
E = 5x6 = 30
R = 18x6 = 108

48+30+72+54+18+90+96+120+30+108 = 666

What roles will Henry Kissinger, computers, nuclear war, Judd Hirsch,
and the Federal Reserve play? Only the Lord knows the truth for now. But
it cannot be denied that Andy Kaufman and UN black helicopters will be
intrinsically involved. GOD'S MATH DOESN'T LIE!

Please alert as many as you can to the approaching showdown between the
righteous forces of heaven and the satanic forces of Andy Kaufman!

Do NOT go to this "Man on the Moon" movie opening on Christmas Day! Stay
home, play Elvis records and pray God saves us from Anti-Christ Kaufman.

Yes, I was involved in Kaufman's evil charade but I now serve the Lord
Jesus Christ and his loving eternal Father.

Yours in His Love,
Rev. Anthony Clifton
Great Neck Methodist Church
Long Island, NY
--
Learnin' stuff follows:

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mitch

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
On 22 Sep 1999 17:00:34 GMT, rutah...@aol.com (Annie RUtahkn2Me)
wrote:

>>From: ro...@ratnest.demon.co.uk (Bob)
>
>>Sounds like an arsehole to me.
>>
>>Bob
>

>You can include me in the apparently small group of fans who became
>increasingly annoyed and bored with Kaufman. My friends and I got sick of him.
> We no longer found his humor to be funny. I guess we just weren't hip enough
>to *get* him.
>
>Now that Kaufman's become such a comedy icon, nobody will admit they didn't
>find him a comedy genius while he was alive. As I remember, he became so

>self-indulgent and egomaniacal that fans voted him off of show. Was it

>Saturday Night Live?
>

>AnnieRU
> "And I am unanimous in that."
> -Mrs. Slocombe- "Are You Being Served?"

Frankly, I found him to be imbecilic. And you're right he was a
self-indulgent and egomaniacal jerk!

Mitch

kkramer

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Christopher Lloyd <Rev Jim> appears to have gone on and had a very
successful career. I see his name often as sitcom producer. I like reading
the credits. I liked Andy and his Old MacDonald Had a Farm.

Kramer

gorj...@webtv.net wrote in message
<22547-37...@newsd-212.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

shudehill

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:06:47 GMT, "kkramer" <kkr...@2xtreme.net>
wrote:

>Christopher Lloyd <Rev Jim> appears to have gone on and had a very
>successful career. I see his name often as sitcom producer. I like reading
>the credits. I liked Andy and his Old MacDonald Had a Farm.

Christopher Lloyd the actor from "Taxi" and various wacky roles is
not the same person as the tv producer ("Frasier", "Golden Girls" etc)
with the same name.

take care,
Liz
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former."
-- Albert Einstein

nerdboy mikey

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
shudehill <parad...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Don't forget that Christopher Lloyd played the main Klingon in "Star Trek
III." As a Klingon, he STILL sounded like Reverend Jim.

What's up with him hawking for one of them 10-10 long distance services now?
Is he THAT desperate for work?

mike

DebbieGrrl

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In article <robin-22099...@ratnest.demon.co.uk>,
ro...@ratnest.demon.co.uk (Bob) writes:

>Sounds like an arsehole to me.
>
>Bob

yeah! a bucket-headed gob-shite even!!!

~debbie~

Annie RUtahkn2Me

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

>From: Imogen <Imo...@removezearthlink.net>

>they neglect to mention that one Taxi cast member is the producer,
>Danny DeVito, who appears in the movie, but unlike the others, not as
>himself. Of course it's pathetic that these has-beens (not DDv) are
>leeching off a dead guy they hated. I've always heard Hirsch is an
>asshole.
>
>Imogen

Kaufman was actually trying to make people hate him. Well, not him, exactly.
His alter ego, Tony Clifton. Kaufman would NEVER even admit that HE WAS the
Tony Clifton character.

Clifton was a disgusting, obnoxious character who was supposed to be hateful.
Kaufman's goal, as the Clifton character, was to do everything he could to make
people hate him. Kaufman didn't feel he'd reached his goal until he made
everybody around him hate the Tony Clifton persona.

When Kaufman was Clifton, he would never break character. On the set of Taxi,
Clifton made all the other actors' lives a living hell. Kaufman did everything
he could to make everyone else on the set miserable.

Here is just one example of the Tony Clifton character from the "Star's"
interview with Bob Zmuda:

One clash happened, he (Bob Zmuda), recalls, when Kaufman appeared on the

series as foul-mouthed lounge lizard Tony Clifton. At the time it was planned
he would play a dual role -- Tony and Latka the mechanic. Kaufman demanded
that the rest of the cast call him Tony instead of Andy. When "Tony" first
delayed a rehearsal while two prostitutes serviced him in his trailer -- and
then changed Hirsch's lines during the run-through -- Hirsch exploded.

That example of the Clifton character was really pretty tame. He was usually
much more disgusting.

Kaufman was an impossible person to work with. He lived in his own little
world.

There was a really good profile of him on E or The Comedy Channel. It showed
Kaufman warts and all. He was a totally fascinating enigma.

Kaufman almost seemed like someone with multiple personalities. Or someone who
was *pretending* to have multiple personalities.

I've never heard of an entertainer quite like Kaufman. His alter ego, Tony
Clifton, wasn't just obnoxious, he was frightening.

Annie RUtahkn2Me

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

>From: "nerdboy mikey" <oooooo...@imtoosexy.com>

>Don't forget that Christopher Lloyd played the main Klingon in "Star Trek
>III." As a Klingon, he STILL sounded like Reverend Jim.
>
>What's up with him hawking for one of them 10-10 long distance services now?
>Is he THAT desperate for work?
>
>mike

It's easy money. I'd do it in a minute if I were a celebrity.

Moonbeem34

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>What's up with him hawking for one of them 10-10 long distance services now?

10-10-321 is still better than"Baby Geniuses" and "My Favorite Martian". Those
movies reek of flop sweat.
ta da

Annie RUtahkn2Me

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

Bob Zmuda, is that you?

>From: tonyc...@my-deja.com

E-Brake

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

Oh wow, Andy Kaufman one of my all-time favorite comedians, along with Bill
Hicks (who also died much too young). Has anyone seen "My Breakfast with
Blassie"? It's classic. Andy's wrestling days were hysterical, people really
hated him. Maybe he was a prick in real life, I didn't know him.

All I know is that when he literally stopped the show on "Fridays" - "I'm
sorry, I can't do this" - and the actors all got in a brawl - man, ya can't
beat live TV like that. Anyone know if that all was real or fake?? I think it
was real.

I adored Andy K., may he rest in Iowa (I think that all the Elvis sightings in
the midwest are actually Andy Kaufman, dressed up like Elvis).

-E.

---
NOTE new email address: ebr...@earthlink.net

Visit my Relocated little piece of the web:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ebrake

Come join the best FREE Celeb Death Pool:
http://www.geocities.com/wishman_2000/

Travis Hardison

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

> Elvis Presley the King of Rock&Roll wrote:
> >
> > The first time I saw Andy Kaufman, I laughed till I thought I was gonna
> > puke...
> > After that, I just found him irritating...
> > However, may he rest in peace...
>

> Oh wow, Andy Kaufman one of my all-time favorite comedians,
along with Bill
> Hicks (who also died much too young). Has anyone seen "My Breakfast with
> Blassie"? It's classic. Andy's wrestling days were hysterical, people really
> hated him. Maybe he was a prick in real life, I didn't know him.
>
> All I know is that when he literally stopped the show on "Fridays" - "I'm
> sorry, I can't do this" - and the actors all got in a brawl - man, ya can't
> beat live TV like that. Anyone know if that all was real or fake?? I think it
> was real.

Real or not, was it not one of the most *wonderful* moments on TV ever?
All the other stuff you saw on TV looked scripted and there was never that
sense that you were being shown anything out of control. Andy, God bless
him, took his audience to places that no one else had the balls to. Even
scary places.

Like him reading the entirety of The Great Gatsby and getting angry
with the audience for laughing at it, explaining as he fanned the book to
show us, "We've got a great deal of reading here to do." And I suspect he
would have read it all the way through to the end, just to make his point:
"And so we beat on like boats, borne ceaselessly into the past."

T - an enormous fan

E-Brake

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Travis Hardison wrote:
> > [E-Brake wrote:]

> > All I know is that when he literally stopped the show on "Fridays" - "I'm
> > sorry, I can't do this" - and the actors all got in a brawl - man, ya can't
> > beat live TV like that. Anyone know if that all was real or fake?? I think it
> > was real.
>
> Real or not, was it not one of the most *wonderful* moments on TV ever?
> All the other stuff you saw on TV looked scripted and there was never that
> sense that you were being shown anything out of control. Andy, God bless
> him, took his audience to places that no one else had the balls to. Even
> scary places.

What was almost as good, was when he came back the next week, unshaven and in
tears, and "apologized" to the Fridays audience. He got real upset when people
were cracking up - "Why are you laughing? Do you think this is funny?!? My
career is over!!!". Oh man. lol.

I heard a rumour that his Tony Clifton character (in his stage act) was at
first played by Andy but then, after several shows, he tricked his audiences
by having his manager, Bob Zmuda, pretend to be Andy playing Tony. Is this
true? I think that's funny as hell. I think he also had Bob in the audience
heckle him sometimes.

Another comedian whom everyone should check out on tape or TV: Bill Hicks,
from Texas. This guy was as funny, in a very different way, than Andy. No
alternate personas; just witty stand-up, non-gratuitously profane, a great
social commentator. He died of pancreatic cancer in February 26, 1994, at the
age of 32. What a loss. I remember opening an Entertainment Weekly to an
article titled: "Death of a Comedian" with a picture of Bill Hicks. I thought,
"Ha, what's he done now?!?!?" thinking he got himself in trouble again. Damn,
I about fell off the couch.

His comedy videos are One Night Stand, Relentless and Totally Bill Hicks. I
have a third generation copy of "One Night Stand". Go get them if you can!

For a Bill Hicks Faq:
http://www.cvis.psy.utexas.edu/sacredcow/darktimes/faq/index.html

and be sure to visit

http://www.billhicks.com

-E.

--
http://home.earthlink.net/~ebrake

http://www.geocities.com/wishman_2000/

Bella Donna

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
In article <thardisonNOSPAM-2309992241450001@user-

> Like him reading the entirety of The Great Gatsby and getting angry
> with the audience for laughing at it, explaining as he fanned the book to
> show us, "We've got a great deal of reading here to do." And I suspect he
> would have read it all the way through to the end, just to make his point:
> "And so we beat on like boats, borne ceaselessly into the past."

Oh hell! Here comes the snitty little bitch in thick glasses and a
graying bun who lives somewhere in my soul- she's ready to correct you!

The quote is- "And so we beat on, like boats against the current, borne
ceaselessly into the past."

Sorry Trav, she will not be repressed.

smooches,

bel

Font of All Important Info

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:47:12 -0700, Imogen
<Imo...@removezearthlink.net> felt compelled by mysterious forces to
say:

>In article <37ebc4a7...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>, Font of All Important

>Info <dez...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>> On 23 Sep 1999 04:09:31 GMT, am...@aol.comasutra (AMYSA) felt
>> compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>> >i don't think the bad feelings are still lingering. they've been appearing on
>> >and at kauffman tribute shows for years now. it was inevitable that they
>> >would
>> >participate in the movie as well.
>>
>> i'm sure all the bad feelings wafted away on the wind caused by the
>> waving money in front of their faces...
>

>they neglect to mention that one Taxi cast member is the producer,
>Danny DeVito, who appears in the movie, but unlike the others, not as
>himself. Of course it's pathetic that these has-beens (not DDv) are
>leeching off a dead guy they hated. I've always heard Hirsch is an
>asshole.

i've never heard a good thing about Hirsch unless it related to his
acting some project or other.

also, i don't care if Andy was an asshole most of the time--the guy
made me laugh. hard. :D

--dez, "here i come to save they day!" and "the cow goes moo" being
two of my fave AK routines

Annie RUtahkn2Me

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99

>From: E-Brake <ebr...@earthlink.net>

> Oh wow, Andy Kaufman one of my all-time favorite comedians, along with
Bill
>Hicks (who also died much too young). Has anyone seen "My Breakfast with
>Blassie"? It's classic. Andy's wrestling days were hysterical, people really
>hated him. Maybe he was a prick in real life, I didn't know him.
>

>All I know is that when he literally stopped the show on "Fridays" - "I'm
>sorry, I can't do this" - and the actors all got in a brawl - man, ya can't
>beat live TV like that. Anyone know if that all was real or fake?? I think it
>was real.
>

>I adored Andy K., may he rest in Iowa (I think that all the Elvis sightings
>in
>the midwest are actually Andy Kaufman, dressed up like Elvis).
>
>-E.

Bob Zmuda has said that the fight on "Friday's" was real. The other cast
members were furious with Kaufman.

Travis Hardison

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
In article <MPG.1254c1c23...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
be...@worldnet.att.net (Bella Donna) wrote:

> In article <thardisonNOSPAM-2309992241450001@user-
> > Like him reading the entirety of The Great Gatsby and getting angry
> > with the audience for laughing at it, explaining as he fanned the book to
> > show us, "We've got a great deal of reading here to do." And I suspect he
> > would have read it all the way through to the end, just to make his point:
> > "And so we beat on like boats, borne ceaselessly into the past."
>
> Oh hell! Here comes the snitty little bitch in thick glasses and a
> graying bun who lives somewhere in my soul- she's ready to correct you!
>
> The quote is- "And so we beat on, like boats against the current, borne
> ceaselessly into the past."
>
> Sorry Trav, she will not be repressed.

Some Princes use the glass slipper routine, but I'm more fond of the
Fitzgerald Gag, which seems a more accurate and useful test of
princessness. Now, will you marry me or what?

> smooches,

Oh, you honey-lipped temptress, you---

> bel

> > T - an enormous fan
> > >

> > > I adored Andy K., may he rest in Iowa (I think that all the Elvis
sightings in
> > > the midwest are actually Andy Kaufman, dressed up like Elvis).
> > >
> > > -E.

Bella Donna

Sep 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/25/99
In article <thardisonNOSPAM-2409990228260001@user-
38lcn6s.dialup.mindspring.com>, thardis...@mindspring.com says...

> In article <MPG.1254c1c23...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
> be...@worldnet.att.net (Bella Donna) wrote:
>
> > In article <thardisonNOSPAM-2309992241450001@user-
> > > Like him reading the entirety of The Great Gatsby and getting angry
> > > with the audience for laughing at it, explaining as he fanned the book to
> > > show us, "We've got a great deal of reading here to do." And I suspect he
> > > would have read it all the way through to the end, just to make his point:
> > > "And so we beat on like boats, borne ceaselessly into the past."
> >
> > Oh hell! Here comes the snitty little bitch in thick glasses and a
> > graying bun who lives somewhere in my soul- she's ready to correct you!
> >
> > The quote is- "And so we beat on, like boats against the current, borne
> > ceaselessly into the past."
> >
> > Sorry Trav, she will not be repressed.
>
> Some Princes use the glass slipper routine, but I'm more fond of the
> Fitzgerald Gag, which seems a more accurate and useful test of
> princessness. Now, will you marry me or what?

The bunned one, with the thick glasses, is telling me not to fall for
this twaddle. Ooooh, but that hidden princess sure wants to indulge you!
You clever, charming fella!

> > smooches,
>
> Oh, you honey-lipped temptress, you---

Sidling away, diaphanous gown trailing like a whisper, a slow glance back
at the half-lit door, and the hint of a smile-

bel