Is Tony Curtis gay?

TawnyNY

Feb 16, 2003, 11:52:35 AM2/16/03
I know he's been married a million times and has kids but he was on the View
last week and he reminded me of Liberace. Just a big flamer and what's with
those Edwardian suits and ruffles?

Sky

Feb 16, 2003, 3:05:00 PM2/16/03
"TawnyNY" <taw...@aol.com> wrote in message
: I know he's been married a million times and has kids but he was on the

I think he's just pretty and knows it. Nothing wrong with that. =)

**Sky
Stress is waking up with a warm, furry body next to you, and you don't own a
pet.

Casey Dugan

Feb 16, 2003, 2:38:41 PM2/16/03
Who cares?

;-)

Lulu

Feb 16, 2003, 2:46:43 PM2/16/03
TC gave an interview a few months back where he seemed to intimate that
back when he was very young and very pretty and new to Hollywood, he
experimented with both sexes. Then again, it's always possible his
words could have been twisted to give it a context he never intended.

Wish I could "cite" this as I will likely be called upon to do, but I
can't remember the name of the publication -- it was a genuine print
publication, though, not just "Billy Bob's website."

-Lu

Marsan/McKinney

Feb 16, 2003, 3:32:38 PM2/16/03
I've seen him many times in LA at restaurants with his youngish, amazon
wife and he seems very gay to me. His wife looks like a drag queen too.

Wild Monkshood

Feb 16, 2003, 3:36:39 PM2/16/03

Marsan/McKinney wrote:

> I've seen him many times in LA at restaurants with his youngish, amazon
> wife and he seems very gay to me. His wife looks like a drag queen too.

I don't know if he's gay or not, but is facelift sure is. What's up with
the effeminate facelifts for older gentlemen? Mayhap we can ask Bruce Jenner.

Wild Monkshood

robbielynn

Feb 16, 2003, 8:49:22 PM2/16/03
taw...@aol.com (TawnyNY) wrote in message news:<20030216115235...@mb-ch.aol.com>...

> I know he's been married a million times and has kids but he was on the View
> last week and he reminded me of Liberace. Just a big flamer and what's with
> those Edwardian suits and ruffles?

Tawny, your a hoot. Tony did look and act gay on The View. He was
wearing a hairpiece and that gay sailor boy get up.He dates or is
married to this tall, overdone blonde female ...I smell a cover up.
He was great in some movies but was very obnoxious some time ago when
he stated " kissing Marilyn was like kissing Hitler." He was refering
to Marilyn Monroe in "Some Like It Hot". He's turned into a short
little jewish gay boy in a sailor suit...I doubt Marilyn would recognize
him!! Ha.....robbielynn

Kaiju

Feb 17, 2003, 1:32:50 AM2/17/03
Lulu wrote:

> TC gave an interview a few months back where he seemed to intimate that
> back when he was very young and very pretty and new to Hollywood, he
> experimented with both sexes. Then again, it's always possible his
> words could have been twisted to give it a context he never intended.

Dunno. A close friend told me about an encounter they had a couple of
years ago... My friend doesn't tend to lie to me about his
encounters...

Kaiju <on occasion, I wish he would, though...>

--

No more fiendish punishment could be devised,
were such a thing physically possible,

-- William James

explorer

Feb 17, 2003, 3:56:17 AM2/17/03

"Whatfor444" <whatf...@aol.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes

> >TC gave an interview a few months back where he seemed to intimate that
> >back when he was very young and very pretty and new to Hollywood, he
> >experimented with both sexes. Then again, it's always possible his
> >words could have been twisted to give it a context he never intended.
> >

> Say wasn't he a big fan of Cary Grant?

Why not? He had the two things Curtis never had --looks and talent.

Just rewatched Arsenic and Old Lace with Grant last night -- still holds up.

Tina

Feb 17, 2003, 4:16:59 AM2/17/03
Lulu wrote:<<
> TC gave an interview a few months back where he seemed to intimate that
> back when he was very young and very pretty and new to Hollywood, he
> experimented with both sexes. >>

Wouldn't be the first star who blew somebody to get work in Hollywood.

Tina

Feb 17, 2003, 4:26:48 AM2/17/03
explorer wrote:<< Just rewatched Arsenic and Old Lace with Grant last night --
still holds up. >>

I loved that movie....but my favorite CG movie was North By Northwest. I
thought he was very sexy in his later years.

explorer

Feb 17, 2003, 4:32:04 AM2/17/03

"Tina" <lisa...@aol.comspamIam> wrote in message

Of course. But I always thought he wasn't given enough credit for his
comedic talents.

FERRANTE

Feb 17, 2003, 8:06:25 AM2/17/03
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:56:17 -0600, "explorer" <ab...@123.net> wrote:

>"
>
>Why not? He had the two things Curtis never had --looks and talent.

What????? Tony was extremely HOT when he was young! Absolutely
gorgeous!

Mark Anthony Ferrante

FERRANTE

Feb 17, 2003, 8:07:16 AM2/17/03
On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:32:38 GMT, "Marsan/McKinney"
<mckje...@verizon.net> wrote:

>I've seen him many times in LA at restaurants with his youngish, amazon
>wife and he seems very gay to me. His wife looks like a drag queen too.

That's was not his wife. That was Jack Lemmon.

Mark Anthony Ferrante

Sky

Feb 17, 2003, 11:45:14 AM2/17/03

:
: >I've seen him many times in LA at restaurants with his
: >youngish, amazon wife and he seems very gay to me. His
: >wife looks like a drag queen too.
:
:
: That was not his wife. That was Jack Lemmon.
:
: Mark Anthony Ferrante

{{ LOL }}

**Sky
"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach
our children." ....Governor George W. Bush, 9/18/95

nimue

Feb 17, 2003, 10:13:20 AM2/17/03

I agree. He was incredibly handsome.

--
nimue

"The schools are not as good as they used to be, and never were."
- Will Rogers -

CliffB

Feb 17, 2003, 2:19:11 PM2/17/03
in article ST14a.486$vf5.4...@feed2.centurytel.net, explorer at
ab...@123.net wrote on 2/17/03 4:32 AM:

Bringing Up Baby, The Philadephia Story.....hilarious stuff.

The man was one of the Hollywood Greats, no doubt. Real Glamour, and Class.
They don't make 'em like that anymore.

CliffB

Feb 17, 2003, 2:19:55 PM2/17/03
in article 20030217001135...@mb-fe.aol.com, Whatfor444 at
whatf...@aol.com wrote on 2/17/03 12:11 AM:

> x-no-archive: yes

>> TC gave an interview a few months back where he seemed to intimate that
>> back when he was very young and very pretty and new to Hollywood, he
>> experimented with both sexes. Then again, it's always possible his
>> words could have been twisted to give it a context he never intended.
>>

> Say wasn't he a big fan of Cary Grant?

It was also rumoured that he bred a hermaphrodite.

not that there's anything wrog with that.

Salome

Feb 17, 2003, 10:41:25 PM2/17/03
<< Subject: Re: Is Tony Curtis gay?
From: CliffB fl...@gosympatico.ca
Date: Mon, Feb 17, 2003 11:19 AM

Don't know if the hermaphrodite rumor is true, but it's highly substantiated by
the admission by JL's mother that she consumed a prescription drug that, at the
time, it wasn't known that it caused birth defects--specifically sterility in
the child with whom the woman was pregnant. This is why JL has never been able
to concieve. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that it might have done
other things to JL as well, or that she's sterile *because* she's a
hermaprodite.

explorer

Feb 18, 2003, 12:01:40 AM2/18/03

"FERRANTE" <manthony...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I never saw it. It looks at best were only average for me but his attitude
ruined those for me.

Lily

Feb 18, 2003, 12:36:14 AM2/18/03
No one who saw Cary Grant in "Bringing Up Baby" (early) and "The Easy
Way" {originally, "Room for One More,"} later could doubt his skill at
comedy. I really think he got a lot of credit for it throughout his
career. After all, they kept giving him roles that showcased his
ability.

Lily

AnthonyM1970

Feb 18, 2003, 1:12:22 AM2/18/03
>From: Lil...@webtv.net (Lily)
>Date: 2/17/2003 9:36 PM Pacific Standard Time

Don't forget His Girl Friday

nimue

Feb 18, 2003, 9:46:33 AM2/18/03

Who could -- especially since it co-starred the great Rosalind Russell?!
Man, she was FAN-tastic! They don't make them like her anymore.

Benton

Feb 18, 2003, 12:39:13 PM2/18/03

Yes there is, which is why they are called hermaphrodites.

Lisa Pease

Feb 18, 2003, 5:40:27 PM2/18/03
FERRANTE <manthony...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<4hn15v4l71upnfsi7...@4ax.com>...

He gave off grotesque vibes during his era at the box office. His
voice and manner of speaking are the same in every single movie. He
was like a phony midtown Manhattan waiter who's obsessed with the
menu. He deserved every crummy screenplay he got: Arrivederci Baby,
Sex and the Single Girl, Not With My Wife You Don't, etc. No wonder
baby boomers thought all movies were clueless between 1963 (Dr.
Strangelove) and 1969 (Easy Rider and Midnight Cowboy).

> Mark Anthony Ferrante

AnthonyM1970

Feb 18, 2003, 9:04:18 PM2/18/03
>From: "nimue" cup_o...@yahoo.com

>Who could -- especially since it co-starred the great Rosalind Russell?!
>Man, she was FAN-tastic! They don't make them like her anymore.
>
>--
>nimue

Yep she was a class act all the way and a great actress

Kaiju

Feb 18, 2003, 11:04:07 PM2/18/03

Not only that, she had to be the original Feminist. She could stand
head to head with her male co-stars, yet be utterly feminine at the same
time. When I was young watching the old flicks, I always wanted to grow
up to be her. Alas, I was never going to be tall enough to imperiously
look down on numbskulls...

Kaiju <it isn't quite the same thing when you have to look imperiously
up at numbskulls...but hey...one's gotta work with what one's got...>

Mary Campbell

Feb 18, 2003, 11:42:48 PM2/18/03
Kaiju (ka...@ecn.com) writes:
> AnthonyM1970 wrote:
>>
>> >From: "nimue" cup_o...@yahoo.com
>>
>> >Who could -- especially since it co-starred the great Rosalind Russell?!
>> >Man, she was FAN-tastic! They don't make them like her anymore.
>> >
>> >--
>> Yep she was a class act all the way and a great actress
>
> Not only that, she had to be the original Feminist. She could stand
> head to head with her male co-stars, yet be utterly feminine at the same
> time. When I was young watching the old flicks, I always wanted to grow
> up to be her. Alas, I was never going to be tall enough to imperiously
> look down on numbskulls...
>
> Kaiju <it isn't quite the same thing when you have to look imperiously
> up at numbskulls...but hey...one's gotta work with what one's got...>

I still love the way she strode through the newsroom at the beginning of
"His Girl Friday", so self-assured.

Hard to believe she never won an Oscar, although that's true of a lot of
the greats - Barbara Stanwyck to name another one.

AnthonyM1970

Feb 18, 2003, 11:59:14 PM2/18/03
>cc...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Mary Campbell)
>Date: 2/18/2003 8:42 PM Pacific Standard Time

Yes she deserved one and was badly overlooked by the Academy.
Another great and overlooked movie of hers ( Rosalind) was Tell It To The Judge
which never fails to make me laugh.

DustBunny

Feb 19, 2003, 12:19:15 AM2/19/03

"AnthonyM1970" <anthon...@aol.comdown> wrote in message

How about "The Women"? I just saw that for the first time recently...what a
witty, well-written and well-acted movie. "I'll never forget my dear
husband's last words: 'and to my beloved wife I leave my entire estate'
<sniffle>"

Evelyn

RazzleBathbone

Feb 19, 2003, 9:38:17 AM2/19/03
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:19:15 GMT, "DustBunny" <who...@earthlinc.net>
wrote:

Yes "The Women" was hilarious. But who could ever forget her
portrayal of "Mame"

Razzle-------------

nimue

Feb 19, 2003, 1:54:47 PM2/19/03
I never could. Auntie Mame is one of my all-time favorite movies -- and it
is now available on DVD! Yay!!

--
nimue

we're just put in a set of surroundings and *we* create our world --
but be aware of the permeable limits

PDB and nimue

DustBunny

Feb 19, 2003, 5:28:23 PM2/19/03

wrote:

>How about "The Women"? I just saw that for the first time recently...what a
>witty, well-written and well-acted movie. "I'll never forget my dear
>husband's last words: 'and to my beloved wife I leave my entire estate'
><sniffle>"
>
>Evelyn
>

>>Yes "The Women" was hilarious. But who could ever forget her
portrayal of "Mame"

This is probably a dumb question, but is "Mame" a musical? I'd love to see
it, but I'm allergic to musicals. Or maybe I'm just allergic to show tunes.

Evelyn

nimue

Feb 19, 2003, 6:08:14 PM2/19/03

Good news for you! The version of Auntie Mame starring Rosalind Russell is
NOT a musical. The Lucille Ball one is -- and don't EVER see it -- it's
terrible. The Rosalind Russell version is a classic, and it deserves to be.
So -- now that your fear of show tunes has been removed -- happy renting!

DustBunny

Feb 19, 2003, 6:30:14 PM2/19/03

"nimue" <cup_o...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> DustBunny wrote:
> > RazzleBathbone (razzleb...@hotmail.com) wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:19:15 GMT, "DustBunny" <who...@earthlinc.net>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> How about "The Women"? I just saw that for the first time
> >> recently...what a witty, well-written and well-acted movie. "I'll
> >> never forget my dear husband's last words: 'and to my beloved wife I
> >> leave my entire estate' <sniffle>"
> >>
> >> Evelyn

> > portrayal of "Mame"
> >
> > This is probably a dumb question, but is "Mame" a musical? I'd love
> > to see it, but I'm allergic to musicals. Or maybe I'm just allergic
> > to show tunes.
> >
> > Evelyn
>
> Good news for you! The version of Auntie Mame starring Rosalind Russell
is
> NOT a musical. The Lucille Ball one is -- and don't EVER see it -- it's
> terrible. The Rosalind Russell version is a classic, and it deserves to
be.
> So -- now that your fear of show tunes has been removed -- happy renting!

Ooh, thanks! *And* it's out on DVD...I just added it to my Netflix queue : )

Evelyn

jflexer

Feb 19, 2003, 7:09:33 PM2/19/03

"DustBunny" <who...@earthlinc.net> wrote in message

Well first it was a book by Patrick Dennis ("Auntie Mame"), then a play
("Auntie Mame", starring Roz), then a film ("Auntie Mame", starring Roz),
the a musical theatre production ("Mame", who was in it??), then a musical
film production ("Mame", starring Lucy.)

Hate Lucy's Mame, but am somewhat fond of Bea Arthur's Vera Charles...

This is often a topic of HUGE debate among Mame fans who's Mame is better,
Rosalind Russell or Lucille Ball. I believe, hands down, in Roz, but there
are those fans...

Patrick Dennis (a pen-name) also wrote a number of other novels in a similar
vein. Around The World With Auntie Mame (a sequel), Little Me (the story of
Belle Poitrine), First Lady (I just found this and am reading now). The
book plate also lists Genius, Guestward Ho! (with Barbara Hooton), and The
Pink Hotel (with Dorothy Erskine) none of which I've read, but I'd wager the
co-authors are fictional...

Nurk

Feb 19, 2003, 8:06:23 PM2/19/03

"jflexer" <jfl...@fake.aol.com> wrote in message

> "DustBunny" <who...@earthlinc.net> wrote in message
> > RazzleBathbone (razzleb...@hotmail.com) wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:19:15 GMT, "DustBunny" <who...@earthlinc.net>
> > wrote:
> Well first it was a book by Patrick Dennis ("Auntie Mame"), then a play
> ("Auntie Mame", starring Roz), then a film ("Auntie Mame", starring Roz),
> the a musical theatre production ("Mame", who was in it??),

Angela Lansbury

RazzleBathbone

Feb 19, 2003, 8:45:23 PM2/19/03
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:09:33 -0800, "jflexer" <jfl...@fake.aol.com>
wrote:

I have seen Lucy's "Mame", but Roz Russell's portrayal was so great
that it is unforgettable. Also the cast was good too. Peggy Cass as
Anges Gooch was one of the funniest. Man, I'm on a roll here. The
part of the rich girl Gloria Upton was right on.

Razzle------------------------

nimue

Feb 19, 2003, 10:07:43 PM2/19/03
aunty ma...@aol.com wrote:
> Mame is a musical.

Yes, it is, but as I said in another post, Auntie Mame, starring Rosalind
Russell, isn't a musical. If you have never seen it -- you are in for a
real treat! It's available on DVD, and is a wonderful, wonderful movie. I
can't say enough good things about it. Enjoy!

>Avoid the Lucille Ball film and get instead the
> Broadway version with Angela Lansbury, only available on CD. >She
> should have done the film.

I like AL -- don't get me wrong -- but for me, Rosalind Russell is the only
Mame there is!

Mary Campbell

Feb 20, 2003, 12:11:20 AM2/20/03
"jflexer" (jfl...@fake.aol.com) writes:

> This is often a topic of HUGE debate among Mame fans who's Mame is better,
> Rosalind Russell or Lucille Ball. I believe, hands down, in Roz, but there
> are those fans...

Oh, the Lucille Ball version was ghastly. Lucy was filmed through more
gauze than the English Patient. She could barely move, let alone dance.
She was too old for the role, and miscast as well.

> Patrick Dennis (a pen-name) also wrote a number of other novels in a similar
> vein. Around The World With Auntie Mame (a sequel), Little Me (the story of
> Belle Poitrine), First Lady (I just found this and am reading now). The
> book plate also lists Genius, Guestward Ho! (with Barbara Hooton), and The
> Pink Hotel (with Dorothy Erskine) none of which I've read, but I'd wager the
> co-authors are fictional...

Patrick Dennis was a fascinating guy - you should read his biography,"Uncle
Mame". He was a handsome, flamboyant, witty man who was gay as a day in
the country, but denied it for a long time. He was married and had a
family but eventually left his wife for a man, started drinking, stopped
writing, and wound up working as a butler for the guy who founded
MacDonalds, all the while charming everyone he met.

David Newton

Feb 20, 2003, 12:44:20 AM2/20/03

"DustBunny" <who...@earthlinc.net> wrote in message

David Newton

Feb 20, 2003, 12:44:44 AM2/20/03
No, but his husband is.

~ Liz~

Feb 20, 2003, 1:32:22 AM2/20/03

I haven't been following this thread so if this has already been
mentioned, sorry. There is a picture of Tony and Jack Lemmon in the
Vanity Fair magazine (with the cover of Bennifer Afleck). It is a
great, funny picture of the both of them. One thing I really noticed,
Tony must have had a few surgeries, he sure does have his share of scars
but he does have a rather good body for his age.

--
Liz
the GreenEyd Princess

jflexer

Feb 20, 2003, 1:25:41 PM2/20/03

"~ Liz~" <grneydp...@email.com> wrote in message

That photo was originally published (I think in V.Fair) a number of years
back... so he's somewhat younger in that pic than today. Having said that,
he still looks pretty good.

jflexer

Feb 20, 2003, 1:46:48 PM2/20/03

"RazzleBathbone" <razzleb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:09:33 -0800, "jflexer" <jfl...@fake.aol.com>
> wrote:

<snip>

> I have seen Lucy's "Mame", but Roz Russell's portrayal was so great
> that it is unforgettable. Also the cast was good too. Peggy Cass as
> Anges Gooch was one of the funniest. Man, I'm on a roll here. The
> part of the rich girl Gloria Upton was right on.
>

> Razzle-----------------------

that was Joanna Barnes - her portrayal of "Little Glorie" was great...
really "Top Drawer!"

nimue

Feb 20, 2003, 2:41:44 PM2/20/03

Except when she "stepped on the ball!" Did you notice the nod to that
famous line in Trading Places, with Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy?

FERRANTE

Feb 20, 2003, 2:58:18 PM2/20/03
On 18 Feb 2003 14:40:27 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
wrote:

Hum...how many movies have you been in?

Mark Anthony Ferrante

>> Mark Anthony Ferrante

FeAudrey

Feb 20, 2003, 5:35:11 PM2/20/03
In article <b316g...@enews2.newsguy.com>, jfl...@fake.aol.com says...

>Patrick Dennis (a pen-name) also wrote a number of other novels in a similar
>vein. Around The World With Auntie Mame (a sequel), Little Me (the story of
>Belle Poitrine), First Lady (I just found this and am reading now). The
>book plate also lists Genius, Guestward Ho! (with Barbara Hooton), and The
>Pink Hotel (with Dorothy Erskine) none of which I've read, but I'd wager the
>co-authors are fictional...

If they are fictional, his biography is keeping up the pretence. He also
wrote a few novels as "Virginia Rowans".

Mary Campbell's note on the biography:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:alt.gossip.celebrities+insubject:Mame+
author:Mary+author:Campbell&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&as_qdr=d&selm=b31o1o%249mk%241%
40freenet9.carleton.ca&rnum=1

The biography's home page:

http://www.patrickdennisbiography.com/default.htm

(includes book list)

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials, too)!
http://pages.prodigy.net/feaudrey

jflexer

Feb 20, 2003, 5:53:43 PM2/20/03

"FeAudrey" <feau...@yah00.forspamhaters.c0m> wrote in message

The reason I suspect they are fictional is because Little Me is written by
Belle Poitrine (main character) as told to Patrick Dennis and First Lady is
written by Martha Dinwiddie Butterfield, as told to Patrick Dennis.

Seems to me that Barbara Hooten might be a play on Barbara Hutton, the
Woolworth heiress, and Dorothy Erskine rings a bell as the name of a minor
character in either Mame books or Little Me...

I don't know - could be real women. just seems fishy. My experience of him
as an author is that he writes ABOUT eccentric women, not with them...

summers....@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2018, 2:00:30 PM6/4/18
Trust me he's not Gay..
I was with him for a yr.
He had Gay frds...like my Gay gods they greet you in their way..

Tony is was...not gay....

summers....@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2018, 2:04:40 PM6/4/18
No he's not Gay..
He was one of the sweetest man I have ever met....He basicly...took care of me....we were very close....he was doing a movie...me...dancing....I'm just sad that people think that

Miloch

Jun 4, 2018, 4:24:26 PM6/4/18
In article <7a39c72f-f749-4fc0...@googlegroups.com>,
summers....@gmail.com says...

>No he's not Gay..

...bisexual though...right?

http://fourtwonine.com/2011/10/06/633-where-the-bi-s-are/

..."Tony Curtis: In 2002 the late movie star (who was married five times)
admitted to the British magazine Attitude that when he was 22 and first arrived
in Hollywood in 1948 he had sexual encounters with both men and women."

*