Playboy: Women of Wal Mart pictorial!

Andy R.

Nov 12, 2003, 11:52:48 PM11/12/03
I just hope its not the ones that work by the front door. ;-)

Retail Giant's Hotties Appear in Playboy.Com's "Women Of Wal-Mart"
Nude Pictorial

NEW YORK, Nov. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 400 beautiful employees
from retail giant Wal-Mart answered Playboy.com's highly publicized
invitation in September to pose nude for an online feature. Six of
Wal-Mart's sexiest assets were chosen to shed their uniforms and
appear in Playboy.com's "Women of Wal-Mart" pictorial. The feature
goes live today, November 12, exclusively in the Playboy Cyber Club
(cyber.playboy.com).

"This was a once in a lifetime opportunity," said Tesha Mullen, one of
Playboy.com's "Women of Wal-Mart" models. "When I heard about the
Playboy.com pictorial, I knew right away that I wanted to send in
photos. Some of the most beautiful women in the world have posed for
Playboy and it is an honor to have been selected for this feature.
This was a chance to do something I've always dreamed about."

The following women are featured in Playboy.com's "Women of Wal-Mart"
pictorial:

Jeannie Byrd Deborah Moss

Store location: New Albany, IN Store location: Bozeman, MT

Beth Beanblossom Kristi Jones

Store location: Colorado Springs, CO Store location: Sterling, IL

Tesha Mullen Katie McKee

Store location: Lancaster, CA Store location: Bridgeview, IL

In addition to the featured pictorials, Playboy.com Cyber Club members
can also view the "Women of Wal-Mart Submissions Gallery," which
contains photographs submitted by nearly 50 of the beautiful employees
who were interested in posing for the feature.

Playboy, Playboy.com, Cyber Club, and the Rabbit Head Design are
trademarks of Playboy Enterprises International, Inc. All other marks
are the property of their respective owners and do not constitute or
imply the endorsement or sponsorship thereof.

About Playboy.com

Playboy.com, Inc., a majority owned subsidiary of Playboy Enterprises,
Inc. (NYSE: PLA), is a leading lifestyle and entertainment destination
for men online. The Company operates: Playboy.com ( www.playboy.com ),
offering a range of entertainment content and editorial; multiple
subscription sites including: Playboy Cyber Club (
www.cyber.playboy.com ), a members-only subscription site comprised of
premium Playboy content and exclusive features; PlayboyNet (
www.playboynet.com ), a members-only subscription site featuring
thematic-based clubs; PlayboyNet Espanol ( www.playboynetespanol.com
), a Spanish-language version of PlayboyNet; and SpiceNet (
www.spicenet.spicetv.com ), a network of sites featuring premium adult
entertainment under the Spice brand.

SOURCE Playboy.com, Inc.

CO: Playboy.com, Inc.

ST: New York

SU: PDT

http://www.prnewswire.com

11/12/2003 13:38 EST

Andy R.

Nov 12, 2003, 11:54:26 PM11/12/03
Playboy undresses Wal-Mart women

By Parija Bhatnagar, CNN/Money Staff Writer , CNN.com NewsWire

Playboy.com's controversial "Women of Wal-Mart" feature went live
Wednesday, showcasing six of Wal-Mart's "sexiest" female employees who
dared to shed their uniforms for the online pictorial.

"This was a once in a lifetime opportunity," said Tesha Mullen, one of

the feature's models. "When I heard about the pictorial, I knew right

away that I wanted to send in photos. Some of the most beautiful women
in the world have posed for Playboy and it is an honor to have been
selected for this feature."

In September Playboy.com had announced it was searching for the
sexiest women at Wal-Mart, the world's biggest retailer. Playboy ran a
similar-themed 'Women of Enron' last year and 'Women of Starbucks'
photospreads in the magazine earlier this year.

"We received over 400 responses from Wal-Mart employees. That's more
than the responses we got from both Enron and Starbucks employees,"
said Jay Nesheim, spokeswoman for Playboy.com.

Nesheim said the six models, including a photo lab technician,
assistant manager and a department manager, were paid for their
feature but would not disclose the amount.

"We knew that this would be a very provocative thing for us to do,"
said John Thomas, editor of Playboy.com. "Wal-Mart has a conservative
corporate image and we knew they wouldn't be thrilled. But we're
hoping that the company will be pleased once they see how fun the
pictures are and how empowered the women at Wal-Mart feel."

For its part, Wal-Mart said the pictorial "is in poor taste." "Based
on our values, we will be disappointed if any of our people do
participate in it," said spokesman Tom Williams. "However, individuals
are free to do what they want."

Recently Wal-Mart, in an effort to spread its wholesome image as a
family store, said it would put covers on a few women's magazines that
typically display racy pictures and story titles.

Bentonville, Ark.- based Wal-Mart also banned three men's magazines,
including FHM, Maxim, and Stuff, earlier this year because it said it
had received complaints from customers about their content. The chain
has never sold Playboy.

In the past, Wal-Mart has refused to sell CDs that carry warning
labels about explicit lyrics. Instead, the store sells sanitized
versions of albums, with some songs omitted or covers redrawn to pass
muster with the chain's buyers.

11/12/2003 14:23 GMT-5

© 2003 Cable News Network LP, LLLP. A Time Warner Company. All Rights
Reserved.

CT Guy 102

Nov 12, 2003, 11:55:43 PM11/12/03
I'm going start shopping at Walmart.

Moe Hair

Nov 13, 2003, 1:56:15 AM11/13/03
ctgu...@aol.com (CT Guy 102) opened in

> I'm going start shopping at Walmart.

you can rest assured Playboy will take attractive women, airbrush the crap
out of their pictures, put some unattractive light pink lipstick on them, and
basically subtract all the lust and desire a guy can have. Sometimes I think
those photos are taken by gay guys. Playboy truly is a mag that's a "Queer
Eye for the straight guy"!

maryanne kehoe

Nov 13, 2003, 2:15:15 AM11/13/03
>"However, individuals are fee to do what they >want."

That's not what Wal-Mart was saying several months ago when Playboy
announced the Women of Wal Mart issue......there was an interview with
one of their HR people that said they "would investigage any situation"
that came up regarding an employee posing. It is really none of Wal
Mart's business what employees _do on their own time._

Maryanne------why are HR people so snotty

Jonathan Allen

Nov 13, 2003, 4:34:56 AM11/13/03
Women of Wal-Mart...what could be next?

Foxes of Fred Meyer (Northwest store similar to Wal-Mart)? Babes of Best
Buy? Totties of Target?

Jonathan Allen

Lady Taker

Nov 13, 2003, 9:12:46 AM11/13/03
> Retail Giant's Hotties Appear in Playboy.Com's "Women Of Wal-Mart"
> Nude Pictorial

It would be really great if they did a flip-over layout for this. You know,
show the model like they do in the Walmart ads and the reader takes her
cheesy, little, Walmart outfit and flip it over and TAA DAAA! NAKED WALMART
GIRL!

Giselle (I'm going to start my own magazine, I think)

Michele317

Nov 13, 2003, 10:13:23 AM11/13/03

or naked paper dolls with walmart outfits.

edonline

Nov 13, 2003, 10:32:27 AM11/13/03

"CT Guy 102" <ctgu...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I'm going start shopping at Walmart.

I suppose that will give "Clean up in aisle five!" a entirely new, different
meaning. :)

--
Help get CBS' "The Amazing Race" on DVD.

http://www.petitiononline.com/tardvd/petition.html

edonline

Nov 13, 2003, 11:07:09 AM11/13/03

"Lady Taker" <vol...@ccrtc.com> wrote in message

featuring "Naked Women of AGC"? ;)

SteaHoover

Nov 13, 2003, 1:17:45 PM11/13/03
>Subject: Playboy: Women of Wal Mart pictorial!
>From: andyre...@aohell.com (Andy R.)
>Date: 11/12/03 11:52 PM Eastern Standard Time

You're too funny! Lol

Liquidate1

Nov 14, 2003, 4:05:06 PM11/14/03
From: "edonline" edonlineSPAMOUT!@comcast.net:

>>I'm going start shopping at Walmart.

>I suppose that will give "Clean up in aisle five!" a entirely new, different
meaning. :)

That's a good one Ed. I have not come across any of these playmates yet, maybe
one works in the fitting rooms....

SteaHoover

Nov 14, 2003, 9:22:59 PM11/14/03
>Subject: Re: Playboy: Women of Wal Mart pictorial!
>From: liqui...@aol.com (Liquidate1)
>Date: 11/14/03 4:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

Any under 200 lbs?

Spinaker

Nov 18, 2003, 7:46:52 PM11/18/03

"Moe Hair" <moh...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Agreed. Playboy doesn't know anything about beautiful women anymore.