MEG WHITMAN BREAKS RECORD FOR PURCHASING A POLITICAL OFFICE! $119 Million Makes Her The Barry Bonds Of Campaign Spenders!

PearlNecklace

Sep 16, 2010, 1:59:33 PM9/16/10
Will her steroidic treasure chest be enough to beat Governor Emeritus
Moonbeam?

Next look for Bloatfrah Blimpfrey to buy some office for, oh, whatever
it takes!

----------------------
"Meg Whitman breaks US campaign spending records"

By JULIET WILLIAMS
The Associated Press
Thursday, September 16, 2010; 3:41 AM

SAN FRANCISCO -- Former eBay executive Meg Whitman is defending $119
million in contributions she has made to her campaign for California
governor - a personal spending rate that has now surpassed that of any
other political candidate in American history.

Whitman's campaign this week reported another $15 million contribution
from the billionaire GOP candidate in her bid to defeat Democratic
Attorney General Jerry Brown.

During a visit Wednesday to the San Francisco headquarters of Yelp,
Whitman said the contributions from her personal fortune mean she
won't be beholden to special interests if she wins.

She also said she must spend a lot of money in a state where there are
2.3 million more registered Democrats than Republicans.

"Our job is we have to tell my story, tell why I will be the very best
governor for California," she said. "And then at the same time we have
to acquaint Californians with Jerry Brown's record of failure."

The $15 million contribution Whitman's campaign reported late Tuesday
push her personal contributions past a previous record set by New York
Mayor Bloomberg, who spent $109 million in his campaign for a third
term last year.

Bloomberg spent about $185 per vote for his re-election, and he did
not take donations.

Whitman, however, has spent the summer aggressively fundraising for
her general election race against Brown.

Her ads have played for months in every TV market in California. She
said she has hired the best political team and needs to compete with
unions that are spending millions of dollars to prop up Brown's
campaign.

Asked whether there is a limit to how much she will spend, she said,
"It's not unlimited, but I just want to be sure that we're doing the
right thing."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/16/AR2010091600721.html

Joe Snod

Sep 16, 2010, 3:29:06 PM9/16/10

Wayne

Sep 16, 2010, 7:58:21 PM9/16/10

"Joe Snod" <joe....@yahoo.com> wrote in message

-
Don't know. But I don't care how much of her own money she spends. If she
can upset Moonbeamer, it will be worth it. In a properly ordered world,
Moonbeamer's public service would be as a low level employee in the Fresno
parks and recreation department.