Hedy Lamarr's son sues for inheritance

PUSSSYKATT

Oct 31, 2000, 6:58:49 AM10/31/00
NY POST/By MALCOLM BALFOUR
------------------------------------
SANFORD, Fla. - The adopted son of screen legend Hedy Lamarr, estranged for
some 50 years, went to court yesterday to demand control of her $3.3 million
estate.

Fearing she might be infertile, Lamarr, dubbed "the most beautiful woman in the
world," adopted a baby boy in 1939. James Lamarr Loder is now 61.

In her 1966 autobiography, "Ecstasy and Me," Lamarr told how she adored little
Jimmy as he became the center of her life.

But when Jimmy was 6, Lamarr learned she could conceive and gave birth to a
daughter, and two years later, a son.

And by the time he was a teen, Jimmy's relationship with Lamarr soured, he left
boarding school and moved in with another family.

Hedy left him nothing.

A Seminole County judge will now have to decide whether Lamarr knew what she
was doing when she signed her will on Nov. 3, 1999, two months before her death
at age 85.

Loder claims she was sick, frail and on medication - and that she was coerced.

"That's nonsense. We're offended and hurt by all the allegations," says
Lamarr's daughter, Denise DeLucca, 55, an ex-model and cosmetics retailer in
Seattle.

She stands to inherit $1.2 million and her brother, Tony, 53, would get $1.8
million.

A close friend on whom she relied in her later years, local police Lt. Charles
Stansel, witnessed the will - and is due to inherit $83,000.

While her two natural kids say they don't remember Jimmy at all, he says that
was because he was away at boarding school.

Now a security guard, Jimmy insists he reconciled with his mother over the last
10 years of her life. He says he visited her three times and after her initial
anger, they became friends.

DeLucca disagrees.

"There was zero relationship. She didn't even like to talk about him. She told
me Jimmy had hurt her very badly."

The estate has offered James Loder $20,000 to drop his claim, but he turned it
down.

DeLucca said that when their mom died, she and Tony called their estranged
brother out of good will to invite him to the funeral. He did not go.

SEND EMAIL TO PUSSS...@aol.com

AGC FAQ and FUN STUFF
http://members.aol.com/pusssykatt/agcfaq.html

KBELL12345

Oct 31, 2000, 8:37:16 AM10/31/00
>A close friend on whom she relied in her later years, local police Lt.
>Charles
>Stansel, witnessed the will - and is due to inherit $83,000.

This sounds like an attorney boo-boo to me. You don't witness wills where you
are named as one of the beneficiaries.

JazGrrrl

Oct 31, 2000, 12:16:43 PM10/31/00
>This sounds like an attorney boo-boo to me. You don't witness wills where
>you
>are named as one of the beneficiaries.

I think it's set up to be an executor's cut.
The amount looks about right.

Wishy13764

Oct 31, 2000, 3:19:40 PM10/31/00
The last I heard of anything about Hedy's adopted son, was in the 60's. He was
a cop in Utah or Iowa, I forget which, where he was either arrested or
suspended for killing a black person, during the civil rights movement, which
Hedy tried to distance herself. Apparently, it left bad blood, between them.

zoe beuthin

Jan 12, 2023, 4:13:34 AM1/12/23
I feel like thats about right. i beleive she took the right descicion. honestly, james loder looks like a bad guy know.