Singer Monica watches as boyfriend kills himself

Billie

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
NATIONAL ENQUIRER....

SOULFUL TEEN singing sensation Monica watched in stunned horror as her live-in
lover committed suicide by shooting himself in the head!

The Grammy-winning pop star was drenched in blood as she held her boyfriend
Jarvis Weems' lifeless body in her arms -- and now she's so devastated that
friends fear she'll never recover.

The tragedy unfolded on July 18. Jarvis and Monica -- who shot to fame with the
song "The Boy Is Mine" and has sold over two million records -- went to the
Kennedy Memorial Garden cemetery in Atlanta to visit the grave of Jarvis'
brother Troy, who died in a car crash two years ago.

During the visit, something inside Jarvis snapped. As he was sitting inside his
car, he put a pistol to the side of his head and pulled the trigger as Monica
watched from outside the car.

"Monica told me she frantically beat on the window and screamed at him, 'No!
No! Don't do it!' " a friend told The ENQUIRER. "But the doors to the car were
locked.

"Monica said she watched in horror as he raised the gun to his head and blew
his brains out.

"She freaked.

"She banged on the window with the butt of her own gun. Then she shot the
window to get into the car and cradled him to her bosom.

"Monica was covered in blood when she ran to the cemetery office for help."

A cemetery employee revealed: "Monica came running hysterically to the cemetery
office. She was in tears and shouting 'Get an ambulance. Call the police. Get
help. Please!'

"One of our sales people was inside and dialed 911."

But Jarvis was already dead.

Investigators interviewed Monica and officially ruled the shooting a suicide.
No charges were brought against Monica concerning her gun.

According to her friend, it's not unusual for people to carry guns for
protection in the tough Leila Valley neighborhood that Monica, 19, and
boyfriend Jarvis, 25, frequented.

Several months ago, Monica and Jarvis set up house together in a condo in the
upscale Riverdale section of Atlanta.

On the fateful day of Jarvis' suicide, he had told Monica to meet him at the
cemetery. She arrived in her own car.

Rapper C-Murder arrived at the cemetery 25 minutes after the shooting and drove
distraught Monica away from the area, said eyewitnesses.

At the funeral service days later in Central Holiness Church in Atlanta, Monica
gave a eulogy noting that Jarvis -- a former drug dealer -- had recently found
Jesus.

"Four months ago, he accepted the Lord. He rejected drugs. He stopped all
dealing.

"He was turning his life around," Monica told the 1,500 mourners gathered in
the church. She also revealed for the first time that Jarvis was having trouble
dealing with the death of his brother.

"He would awake at 5 a.m. and sit on the end of the bed. He frequently talked
to himself. And sometimes he talked to his brother.

"We went to the cemetery often."

Monica threw herself onto the casket in a fit of grief as she attempted to sing
"Amazing Grace." She sobbed uncontrollably, unable to finish the song. Her
mother Marilyn Best and the other mourners picked up the words and finished the
hymn.

"I've never seen anyone so upset," said her friend. "She was absolutely
devastated."

Whitney Houston was one of the first to reach out to console Monica. Whitney
has been like a big sister to Monica, according to Monica's mother. Whitney
considers her a protege and has been a guiding force in her career.

"Whitney got the whole horrible story over the phone from Monica herself," an
insider disclosed.

"Whitney did her best to console Monica but the image is sure to haunt the
young singer for the rest of her life."

Monica, whose full name is Monica Arnold, goes by her first name only. After
Jarvis' death, she had his nickname "Knot" and the image of Jesus tattooed on
her left arm, above the tattoo of a rope she had before.

"She also had a dragon with Knot's name tattooed on her back," said another
friend.

"Can you imagine how messed up she must be -- after his death she had his name
tattooed on her body twice!

"This is something that girl isn't going to get over for a long time.

"One thing is for certain -- when Knot killed himself, he killed a piece of
Monica too."

-- MICHAEL HANRAHAN

~Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.~
AGC FAQ and FUN STUFF
http://members.aol.com/pusssykatt/agcfaq.html

FilmChick7

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
wow, she just happened to have a gun also.

i dont mean to be mean, but thats the stupidest story ive ever heard. those 2
are/were fucked up.

"Oh my god, someone ate my entire pie. I dont know how that happend." Drew
Barrymore

"I listen to too many people. Im only going to listen to my gut for the rest of
my life" Courtney Love

PattymacI

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
From:filmchick

>"Oh my god, someone ate my entire pie. I dont know how that happend." Drew
>Barrymore

I'be been meaning to tell you how much I love your sig. I have this as a
screensaver at work.

Pattymac

PattymacI

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00

>"She banged on the window with the butt of her own gun. Then she shot the
>window to get into the car and cradled him to her bosom.

Gee, do you think Lesley Gore, Brenda Lee or Little Peggy March carried guns
when they went to visit a grave?

Are things so different today that teenage singers need to have guns when they
go to the freaking cemetary?

Pattymac

shudehill

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
Katy lies, you could see it in her eyes. But imagine my surprise when
patt...@aol.com (PattymacI) wrote:

>Are things so different today that teenage singers need to have guns when they
>go to the freaking cemetary?

There's a fairly large cemetary in Tampa that is absolutely infamous
for it's violent armed robberies. Several of my relatives are there
and I know when relatives go there to visit their graves they go in
the early to mid morning when it is most safe.
I've heard of similar problems in other cities. Apparently muggers
have decided that people visiting gravesites are good marks.

take care,
Liz

Sexy Red

Aug 17, 2000, 12:46:22 AM8/17/00
>SOULFUL TEEN singing sensation Monica watched in stunned horror as her
>live-in
>lover committed suicide by shooting himself in the head!

Um, nice try National Enquirer. This story is utter bullshit. Monica has been
with C-Murder for a few years now and engaged to him for a while. Don't you
remember the article about her getting engaged, I think it was also from the
Nat'l Enq. Must have been a slow news day.

Leetie, Official Keeper of James Todd Smith, AKA LL Cool J, and Killer Cam'Ron

DNYCE15

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
>Um, nice try National Enquirer. This story is utter bullshit. Monica has been
>with C-Murder for a few years now and engaged to him for a while. Don't you
>remember the article about her getting engaged, I think it was also from the
>Nat'l Enq. Must have been a slow news day.

>Leetie, Official Keeper of James Todd Smith, AKA LL Cool J, and Killer
>Cam'Ron

Thank you!

CalmGlassS

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
In article <20000817004622...@ng-fn1.aol.com>,

leeti...@aol.comfortme (Sexy Red) wrote:
> Um, nice try National Enquirer. This story is utter bullshit. Monica
has been
> with C-Murder for a few years now and engaged to him for a while.
Don't you
> remember the article about her getting engaged, I think it was also
from the
> Nat'l Enq. Must have been a slow news day.

> Leetie, Official Keeper of James Todd Smith, AKA LL Cool J, and
Killer Cam'Ron

Yeah, the whole thing does smell like a pile of dog shit

p.s
not that I go around sniffing

Disclaimer: No Electrons were harmed during the composition of this msg.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.