Brendan Fraser's homeless brother...get a job!

AGC Gossip

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
NATIONAL ENQUIRER....

Brendan Fraser's riding high with his new movie "The Mummy" while his brother
Regan is down and out, broke and homeless -- and he says the Hollywood hunk
won't lift a finger to help him.

But Regan candidly admits he's had problems with his whole family.

"I've hit rock bottom and my brother is a superstar, yet he acts like I'm not
even alive," declared older brother Regan, 35, in an exclusive ENQUIRER
interview.

"I don't have enough money to buy food and I sleep on park benches in the
seediest part of Hollywood while Brendan is living like a king only a few miles
away.

"I never thought Brendan would turn his back on his own flesh and blood. But
that's just what he's done -- and he's broken my heart."

Regan, the third of four children, grew up in Canada and Europe with the
30-year-old "George of the Jungle" star and says "since we were kids Brendan
and I were best friends. We did everything together.

"Later I was in the audience at every one of his college plays. I cheered him
on when nobody else knew who Brendan Fraser was!

"And no one was prouder of Brendan when he made a name for himself as a
Hollywood star.

"But the more successful Brendan became, the more my family looked down on me
for not being more like him -- especially my father.

"I graduated from the University of Washington with a degree in psychology and
a minor in French. Still my father always compared my success to Brendan's.

"My father and I have never seen eye to eye. One fight with Dad got so out of
control and violent, my parents brought a restraining order against me so I
can't see them anymore.

"Another altercation with a former landlord and her daughter also resulted in a
restraining order and a criminal telephone harassment charge. I spent almost
three weeks in jail for it.

"As Brendan's popularity grew and he became a bigger star, he grew more and
more distant from me, too.

"Then he cut his ties with me completely. I guess he was embarrassed or
ashamed. Maybe he thought I couldn't hold my own with his new, rich Hollywood
pals.

"The final blow came last September when Brendan married Afton Smith.
------
FAST FACTS: As a teen, Brendan was nearly fired from his job at McDonald's for
being sassy to drive-thru customers.
------
"Brendan and Afton sent invitations to hundreds of friends and all our family,
but I wasn't on the guest list.

"Meanwhile my situation was getting worse. I thought maybe Brendan would help
me out of my slump.

"Since I no longer had his phone number or address I went to the public library
in Hollywood a few weeks ago and sent him an e-mail. I called his Hollywood
representatives and begged them to get a message to my brother.

"But I never heard back from him.

"His representatives told me he's gotten my messages so I know he knows I'm
here. Obviously he doesn't want any part of me."

Brendan Fraser had no comment about his relationship with his brother.

Regan added: "These days I sleep wherever I can find a place to lay my head.

"And whenever I see a shiny stretch limousine in Hollywood, I can't help wonder
if Brendan is sitting behind the tinted glass, laughing at me."

-- DARRYL WROBEL

Send all email to PUSSS...@aol.com

FreeGratis

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
Snipped Brendan's brother's pathetic whine:

>Regan added: "These days I sleep wherever I can find a place to lay my head.
>
>"And whenever I see a shiny stretch limousine in Hollywood, I can't help
>wonder
>if Brendan is sitting behind the tinted glass, laughing at me."

Sounds like Regan is exactly where he deserves to be. Paging Mariah Carey's
sister...we've found a date for you...

-- Marianna
************************
Jimmy cracked corn. Ask me if I care.

AGC INSTIGATOR

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
I'm paging Jodie Foster's brother as you don't know
which was Brendan's brother swings.

FreeGratis <freeg...@aol.combust> wrote in message

Ron Turner

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
I doubt Brendan Fraser's brother is really homeless. It all seemed like
a stunt to me. He looked too clean, and the pictures of him sleeping on
the ground looked more like he was posing.

I bet he's a greedy jerk, probably a drug/booze addict, trying to mooch
off of everybody. You know the type.

E-Brake

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
AGC Gossip wrote:

> NATIONAL ENQUIRER....
>
> Brendan Fraser's riding high with his new movie "The Mummy" while his brother
> Regan is down and out, broke and homeless -- and he says the Hollywood hunk
> won't lift a finger to help him.
<snippety doo dah>

Of course, the best thing about this story was the pictures - Brendan's bro
is totally balding.....paging recent blind item about a hair-plugged movie star...hmmm.

-E.

Hiyachick

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
>"Then he cut his ties with me completely. I guess he was embarrassed or
ashamed.
It's called tough love, and this guy still doesn't get it.

Furthermore, if he thinks going to the Enquirer with his story is going to get
him the handout he's looking for - he'd better think again!